Random pokémon NPC

Jhaxubo

Question

I am one of the players who like to pass the story from scratch over and over again.

I understand that for that you can create a character in your profile up to a limit of three, but I don't want to focus on that.

Since a "good pokemon" is identified by its genetics, it becomes frustrating to capture pokemon for adventure.
In addition, it becomes repetitive to normally capture the same pokemon. Example: Pidgey from route 1

I have passed the 4 regions with pokemon received by history or exchange in the adventure with NPC.
I must say that it is less frustrating and worrisome to notice their genetic since pokemon have gift ribbon.

Gift pokémon have IVs at 15, neutral nature and cannot be exchanged.

NPC personality and design
A mysterious person "the man who sells illegal things".

Pokemon level and number of NPC uses

For the pokemon level there are two options:

the first the pokemon to level 15 and the second is that it has the same level of the previous level of obedience.

To avoid pokemon boxes with gift ribbon, there must be a limit and this would be 6 uses of this NPC per region.

I propose to place the npc outside the guard stations between the route and the city.

Upgrade the NPC
We already have a random challenge adventure, now those who are looking for a monotype challenge adventure. The NPC when using it gives you the options to choose the pokemon:
1. Random
2. Plant Type
3. Water Type
4. Fire Type
5. Dragon type
etc.
If you choose plant type it will give you a random pokemon of that type.

Ribbon gift
as I said earlier it is frustrating for several players not to find a good pokemon and this helps to take a load off when capturing pokemon as the story goes on.
There are also players who do not care about IVs and still use any pokemon for the story to later sell or release them.
Having the gift ribbon makes these pokemon special and unique so many will not let go of them after finishing the story.

I keep in mind that some pokemon cannot evolve by exchange but this is part of the challenge I guess.

The NPCs make the player pass all the regions in a unique random challenge or monotype challenge, you would not have to worry about genetics and the pokemon would be tier LC.

1 answer to this question