Jump to content

[GUI] Android4PC


Recommended Posts

OK, I don't know the legality of whether I should be posting this or not, I know it isn't mine but like probably almost nobody knows that you could use this GUI on your PC all along, so I'm gonna be a goodie little two-shoes (lol me of all people, wow xD) and post it.

 

I was tinkering around with the PokeMMO APK (more like just looking around what was inside, I ain't no nerdy Javascript wizard or something xD) because of a huuuuge visual bug that renders Sinnoh unplayable to me (and contrast to what staff says, no, changing the ROM or reinstalling the client didn't do jack other than waste my time lol), and I discovered that the entire Android GUI (except for the on-screen buttons, those are separate) is quite literally just a theme folder deep inside the APK in a very specific location that you could extract and use on your own PC using WinRAR or something. I already did the "dirty work" of opening up the APK and extracting it out (it's not really that dirty of a work, it's quite easy, just open the APK with WinRAR and go to assets>data>themes and extract the "android" folder lol), and I posted it on MEGA to share with y'all (Mediafire is for rich people smh).

 

Here are da screenz (though if you played AndroidMMO, you already know what it looks like, just remove the on-screen buttons lol):

Login:

Spoiler

0y2RNGJ.jpg

Interface/Menu/Whatever lol:

Spoiler

QEKpAdb.jpghLMgtFa.jpg

Pokemon Summary/PC Box Look:

Spoiler

oIxDRHx.jpgF7qNXxI.jpg

Battle Thingy:

Spoiler

cxbp9bH.jpg

Chat:

Spoiler

rvsUPvi.jpg

Things To Keep In Mind:

 

Spoiler

 

  • The "share" icon you see on the bottom of your summary does not do anything
  • The battery icon is pointless, don't pay attention to it (I don't know if it works properly on laptops, see for yourself, I'm on desktop lol)
  • The UI scaling option in the settings does not change anything with this GUI (at least for me anyways lol)
  • You cannot right-click a player to duel them or anything, you have to either use the "Nearby Players" button on the menu or hold left-click on a player for a few seconds until the character box pops up (beware it may or may not pop up on weird places on the screen lol)
  • The whole GUI makes everything sorta zoomed in or something, at least on my 1440P monitor. I don't know how this GUI looks in other monitors.
  • Some shortcut clicks still work (like CTRL + Left-Click on your PC box for EZ poke-deposit/withdrawal, for example) but some things don't work, like CTRL + Left-Click in trade chat (because the trade chat takes up the whole screen like Android does, go figure)
  • There may or may not be an annoying scroll shenanigan where the mouse scrolls chat/nearby players without even clicking on them (it's annoying af, try to redownload the theme or something, IDK lol)
  • Don't ask me for fixes, I ain't Jesus Christ nor the person who made this, this is from the devs and this likely wasn't even intended to be used on PC at all lol
  • The Android GUI can be modded, but if you want to mod the looks of this thing, do not change the folder name, leave it as "android". If you change the name, the game tries to make it into some PC-Android hybrid GUI thingy and will look veeery off. Also, if you change the folder name of any other GUI to "android", the game will try to treat it as an Android GUI and everything will look like a bugged-out mess, just like Sinnoh is on my phone lol (I did it with the default GUI, speaking from experience lol).
  • Fun fact, when modding this GUI, the Android GUI uses some resources from the "default" GUI that is used for PC. If you rename a custom PC GUI to "default"—renaming the original "default" GUI to something else in the process—the Android GUI will pull some of its resources from the custom GUI, instead. This can be used to further customize the look of the Android GUI, so make sure to include a "default" folder with your modded PC GUI theme inside when uploading Android GUI mods, if your Android GUI mod also involves a modded PC theme.
  • If a new update comes and brings something new that doesn't have a piece of GUI properly made for it with this theme or something, lemme know. I can extract a new Android theme from the latest APK and post it here again or something (I know this kinda contradicts what I said in bold, but like this is an exception or something, I guess lol)

 

 

OK lemme shut up and give y'all the download link xD:

Android GUI ("android" folder):

Android

Default GUI ("default" folder for modding purposes, this is where the Android GUI pulls some of its resources from):

Default

Instructions:

Spoiler
  1. Download android as ZIP and extract it (if you are going to mod the Android GUI, download default as zip and extract it, this gives you more customizability with the Android GUI. You can also just snatch the folder from your PC PokeMMO install lol)
  2. Put android folder in PokeMMO>data>themes (replace the default folder with your modded default folder if your custom Android GUI comes with it)
  3. Choose android as your theme in your PokeMMO interface settings
  4. Profit v:

Credits go to Desu, Kyu, Shu, and anyone else who worked on the Android GUI, I guess v:

Edited by MGRazor
Clarifying "tinkering around", I ain't trying to get banned for Client Tampering here, dammit xD
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, budadeth said:

thanks im gonna try edit that theme for android at least for my own use till themes get official support for android devices, good luck playing sinnoh, a friend beat it with that issue

Have fun 0; Also damn, your friend's a god damn trooper xD

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

i wonder if i can get elements from this android theme into pc themes like how i think the battle ui is really cool

 

Good question, guess there's only one way to find out, experimentation (or asking devs but that's boring xD)

Edited by MGRazor
Link to comment

OK so new discovery, the UI scaling option does not work with this GUI for whatever reason, I can change it anywhere from 1.0x all the way to 2.0x and it will change nothing, gonna put this in as a new bulletin point on my OG post, IDK about this with other people xD

Link to comment

Another discovery, you can hold left-click on someone instead of using the Nearby Players option if you want to target someone (I didn't know this was a thing on Android at all until a friend of mine told me, derrrrrp :v). The character box thing pops up on random weird places on my screen though, IDK about y'all lol

Link to comment
18 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

tried some stuff working on it i mostly just want how big the ui and icons becomes but on pc

 

i think thats all coded on the .xml but its surely would lot of work if you dont know about coding... like me... 

 

21 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Good question, guess there's only one way to find out, experimentation (or asking devs but that's boring xD)

actually you gived me a lot with this one thanks again for ripping the android GUI... now i have battles on full screen and also, the entire GUI of Android looks kind of better, or at least more modern. this is a really unique way to make your pc game looks and im going to take advantage of that as much as i can! thanks again! 

Link to comment

Hmm now here's some food for thought, what if someone mods the GUI (making sure no files go missing and that the entire folder look untouched on the surface, of course xD) and then replaces the original android folder on the APK with the modded theme before installing PokeMMO via that APK? (after testing it all out on PC and finishing it, of course xD) Do you think we could make a modded GUI work on Android like this? I could see there being a problem with like PokeMMO updates potentially resetting/screwing up the GUI but like still, experimentation can work wonders smh

Edited by MGRazor
Scrap this, I replaced the current GUI with the GUI from July 2018 to test, it gives me an installation error saying that the APK was corrupt. I think in order for this to work, it would have to involve using Android Studio, which would maybe risk a ban
Link to comment
8 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Hmm now here's some food for thought, what if someone mods the GUI (making sure no files go missing and that the entire folder look untouched on the surface, of course xD) and then replaces the original android folder on the APK with the modded theme before installing PokeMMO via that APK? (after testing it all out on PC and finishing it, of course xD) Do you think we could make a modded GUI work on Android like this? I could see there being a problem with like PokeMMO updates potentially resetting/screwing up the GUI but like still, experimentation can work wonders smh

hopefully some kindve mix can be made

 

Link to comment
23 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Hmm now here's some food for thought, what if someone mods the GUI (making sure no files go missing and that the entire folder look untouched on the surface, of course xD) and then replaces the original android folder on the APK with the modded theme before installing PokeMMO via that APK? (after testing it all out on PC and finishing it, of course xD) Do you think we could make a modded GUI work on Android like this? I could see there being a problem with like PokeMMO updates potentially resetting/screwing up the GUI but like still, experimentation can work wonders smh

yes cause thats the verification of client/app, for android it surely could work but as for now not officially implemented, better wait because its not work the risk to mod the actual apk

 this is the suggestion for addind theme support on android devices, i already give it some exposure on my youtube channel but seems not much people care about this lol (even if the vid got like 100 views i think no one came to vote that suggestion)

 

im now trying to mod that Android GUI for PC, as it looks way modern and cool than the base theme scheme working on PC clients, and with that, eventually if android get support for themes, i will already have my own B-) (unless they make it work in other way XD)

i will show you the results later

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, budadeth said:

yes cause thats the verification of client/app, for android it surely could work but as for now not officially implemented, better wait because its not work the risk to mod the actual apk

 this is the suggestion for addind theme support on android devices, i already give it some exposure on my youtube channel but seems not much people care about this lol (even if the vid got like 100 views i think no one came to vote that suggestion)

 

im now trying to mod that Android GUI for PC, as it looks way modern and cool than the base theme scheme working on PC clients, and with that, eventually if android get support for themes, i will already have my own B-) (unless they make it work in other way XD)

i will show you the results later

 

 

looking forward to seeing what u can do

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

check out the post i made and what mods i was able to do to the android theme so far on pc maybe you have suggestions or can help

 

Android/Pc Client Revamped Mod - Client Customization - PokeMMO

I ain't really no GUI modder, just some curious scrub that digs through files and stuff who knows pretty much nothing about modding or art; so I'm probably not gonna be of any good help for you outside of updating the Android GUI folder here when new menus get added to the game and messes up the GUI or something. But I guess I can suggest something or two v;

Edited by MGRazor
If you're gonna mention this thread, make sure to provide a link to here, in case people want to find this thread lol
Link to comment
15 hours ago, MGRazor said:

owo

what you think, i just made a simple templates, i need more working with the other textures of this theme, and also, have to work aside in the "default" theme customization as well to match what could be in this "android" theme

hey i dunno if you are aware of this but

in terms of "themes" modding this could be the biggest thing since... the official "how to edit GUI" 8 years ago lol

Link to comment
1 hour ago, budadeth said:

what you think, i just made a simple templates, i need more working with the other textures of this theme, and also, have to work aside in the "default" theme customization as well to match what could be in this "android" theme

hey i dunno if you are aware of this but

in terms of "themes" modding this could be the biggest thing since... the official "how to edit GUI" 8 years ago lol

Maybe, I don't know. It's up to the playerbase to determine if this is just a one-hit wonder or something big, I just posted this thing to just let it be out there for the hell of it xD.

Though to let you in on a little something, what I learned to do could be even bigger than this...

 

I finally found a way to make custom Android GUIs work on actual Android phones \o/

Edited by MGRazor
Albeit it is kinda a bit too far-off for most people to wanna do, I'm gonna wait a while to post how to make custom GUIs work on Android just to be on the safe side and if I don't post it after a month or so, then it's too risky for y'all lol
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

Maybe, I don't know. It's up to the playerbase to determine if this is just a one-hit wonder or something big, I just posted this thing to just let it be out there for the hell of it xD.

Though to let you in on a little something, what I learned to do could be even bigger than this...

 

I finally found a way to make custom Android GUIs work on actual Android phones \o/

I mean it's not what the people actually care because mostly wouldnt want to play as an Android devices because the limitations and changes, but the Android theme it's way beyond ahead the base one of PC, just look a few textures in /res, the common one in PC are tiny square like 5x5 pixels that make the entire HUD, and the Android one the textures are way bigger, can be more detailed, way more, and don't even think about how far ahead it's in terms of the overall design, as the PC base still 80% the same as in 2012 and between that and 2018-19 there was a huge advance in technology, i hope this could not just be a motivation for the devs to make themes a feature un Android devices but also a step to modernize the old GUI itself for PC users

Merry Christmas friend, i would be working on this, and can't say you thank enough for having it ripped from Android, i tried back in the day but couldnt and totally forget about it, and now it's all what i needed!

 

PD: yes better don't take false steps modding for android, even if could be cool i think there even would be legal problems for sharing a modded apk... Or even use it, lets hope the best for modding pokemmo in this 2021

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, budadeth said:

I mean it's not what the people actually care because mostly wouldnt want to play as an Android devices because the limitations and changes, but the Android theme it's way beyond ahead the base one of PC, just look a few textures in /res, the common one in PC are tiny square like 5x5 pixels that make the entire HUD, and the Android one the textures are way bigger, can be more detailed, way more, and don't even think about how far ahead it's in terms of the overall design, as the PC base still 80% the same as in 2012 and between that and 2018-19 there was a huge advance in technology, i hope this could not just be a motivation for the devs to make themes a feature un Android devices but also a step to modernize the old GUI itself for PC users

Merry Christmas friend, i would be working on this, and can't say you thank enough for having it ripped from Android, i tried back in the day but couldnt and totally forget about it, and now it's all what i needed!

 

PD: yes better don't take false steps modding for android, even if could be cool i think there even would be legal problems for sharing a modded apk... Or even use it, lets hope the best for modding pokemmo in this 2021

Yeah the PC GUI looks outdated for my taste, I love the Android GUI more IMO

 

And P.S. It does not involve downloading a modded APK at all, but it does involve rooting your phone to access a hidden APK that PokeMMO uses as a base after you install it; the APK that you download from PokeMMO's website is just used to install PokeMMO xD

Edited by MGRazor
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.