Close it, chiefs o;

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, JaviKings said:

I have a problem using this theme on pc. When I enter a house / pokemon center or leave it, the screen goes black and I have to go back in to load it, does someone else happen?

That tends to happen on actual Android phones sometimes too, this theme is a literal copy-paste of AndroidMMO—for better or for worse.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, JaviKings said:

I have a problem using this theme on pc. When I enter a house / pokemon center or leave it, the screen goes black and I have to go back in to load it, does someone else happen?

I think that happend when the game loading an area and you open the chat before it loads 

4 hours ago, budadeth said:

Creo que eso sucedió cuando el juego carga un área y se abre el chat antes de que se cargue

I'll do the test and see if that's the case, thanks for the info, I really like this interface on pc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 14:07, MGRazor said:

Eso también suele suceder en teléfonos Android reales a veces, este tema es una copia y pegado literal de AndroidMMO, para bien o para mal.

Could you update the folder link? With the new update the black screen problem was solved ... I would really appreciate it

On 5/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, MGRazor said:

Eso también suele suceder en teléfonos Android reales a veces, este tema es una copia y pegado literal de AndroidMMO, para bien o para mal.

Thank you very much friend. As soon as my pc is repaired I will try it. Greetings.

Edited by JaviKings
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I really like this mod, but I wish my pokemon icons cou be smaller, for example I'm using this with Shuffle icons mod but since modded icons are larger this makes all modded icons pixelated, do you know which xml I should edit to make my party pokemon icons smaller?

9 hours ago, Cosmicplasma said:

Hello, I really like this mod, but I wish my pokemon icons cou be smaller, for example I'm using this with Shuffle icons mod but since modded icons are larger this makes all modded icons pixelated, do you know which xml I should edit to make my party pokemon icons smaller?

I'm not really experienced with editing XML files, I am more of a basic copy-paster/renamer guy, have you tried out the small version of the Shuffle Icons mod? It should be the second pair of download links in here.

I have looked at this GUI's files several times. The way it was created- unless it's redone from scratch it unfortunately will never function 100% correctly. It's just not possible to copy a third of the android game into the PC version and have it work out of the box without editing more of the files.

This GUI can be recreated, from scratch, and all the assets would need to be redefined and the code reworked.

It will only continue to age out and have more and more missing buttons/ features as time moves on.

It appears it hasn't been updated since May? Why are you bumping this? @MGRazor

11 hours ago, nurver9 said:

I have looked at this GUI's files several times. The way it was created- unless it's redone from scratch it unfortunately will never function 100% correctly. It's just not possible to copy a third of the android game into the PC version and have it work out of the box without editing more of the files.

This GUI can be recreated, from scratch, and all the assets would need to be redefined and the code reworked.

It will only continue to age out and have more and more missing buttons/ features as time moves on.

It appears it hasn't been updated since May? Why are you bumping this? @MGRazor

Let's get this out the way first, I have updated the links just now to account for the more recent updates—I have been very busy (and lazy lol) with IRL stuff and just playing my Gameboy more.

To get this out the way, PokeMMO in recent times has been stale outside of Holiday updates. Most of the updates that get released nowadays have been so minor that the GUI itself never needed an update to begin with—and hell, for the people that use this GUI on PC, at least with my experience on Windows, this GUI updates itself as new updates roll through anyways. This is why for the period of May through September (not accounting for the more recent updates that I have missed updating this GUI for until now) I have just been bumping this thread and not updating the GUI, because there was literally nothing new to account for. There has been no need for updating this GUI much except on Holiday updates and the once-in-a-blue-moon major updates, because with minor updates, the GUI doesn't change for the most part, it has always been just bug fixes and such.

As for the missing buttons/features, this whole port has been a 1:1 replica of what people deal with on Android, for better or for worse. Any of the bugs/missing features that plague Android but not PC will show up in this GUI, and any Android-exclusive features (like fullscreen battles, the Pokemon summary screen, etc.) that are not on PC but on Android are on this GUI too. The only difference, as far as I am aware of, would be the lack of the touch-control buttons, and that wasn't really necessary because the majority of people that play this on PC would be using a keyboard/controller.

Keep in mind that I am merely a copy-paster, I have no experience with actually designing a GUI or fixing out its bugs or whatnot. Porting this GUI over to PC by copy-pasting was just a fun little experiment for me that I just wanted to share with people, if anyone with actual experience wants to tweak/polish this GUI or make a custom Android GUI or something, they are free to do so. I already have an idea on another copy-paste mishmash GUI, but I have to test it out on both PC and my rooted Android to see if it will actually work or not before I upload it. Anyone with GUI experience can do way better than what I can ever muster up.

1 hour ago, MGRazor said:

Most of the updates that get released nowadays have been so minor that the GUI itself never needed an update to begin with—and hell, for the people that use this GUI on PC,

This is a completely false statement.

Don't be so naïve to assume you know the content of each update without checking it, there is tons of stuff that gets changed without even being listed on the changelog.

I highly doubt you are diff checking each file.

As for the missing buttons/features, this whole port has been a 1:1 replica of what people deal with on Android, for better or for worse. Any of the bugs/missing features that plague Android but not PC will show up in this GUI

I don't think you understand how GUIs and widgets work in this game.

Your Android4PC port doesn't function properly because you can't just copy/paste half of the core data into the base game without modifying assets and code. 

GUIs are much more than just "skins".

and any Android-exclusive features (like fullscreen battles, the Pokemon summary screen, etc.) that are not on PC but on Android are on this GUI too.

All this effect is the emulator scale being blown out. These areas can be properly recreated for the desktop version.

Porting this GUI over to PC by copy-pasting was just a fun little experiment for me that I just wanted to share with people, if anyone with actual experience wants to tweak/polish this GUI or make a custom Android GUI or something

While I agree this was neat to see, and I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts- but it's done completely incorrectly, no offense.

End-users put way too much faith into content creators, they assume we know the best and aren't delivering a broken product out of the box.

I highly suggest learning how to code TWL before distributing more broken kit-bash GUIs.

2 hours ago, nurver9 said:

This is a completely false statement.

Don't be so naïve to assume you know the content of each update without checking it, there is tons of stuff that gets changed without even being listed on the changelog.

I highly doubt you are diff checking each file.

I don't think you understand how GUIs and widgets work in this game.

Your Android4PC port doesn't function properly because you can't just copy/paste half of the core data into the base game without modifying assets and code. 

GUIs are much more than just "skins".

All this effect is the emulator scale being blown out. These areas can be properly recreated for the desktop version.

While I agree this was neat to see, and I'm sure everyone appreciates your efforts- but it's done completely incorrectly, no offense.

End-users put way too much faith into content creators, they assume we know the best and aren't delivering a broken product out of the box.

I highly suggest learning how to code TWL before distributing more broken kit-bash GUIs.

I just uploaded this GUI because it worked and I wanted to share it, despite all its weird/broken quirks. If anything, all of this should be considered as a general proof of concept to show that the Android GUI can work on PC and can be modified for custom GUIs for PC/rooted Android phones.

I obviously do not check each individual file for updates (I just play the game first-hand to give myself a rough idea if the GUI needs a re-download), or put in the effort to learn coding or GUI101 or this and that, I obviously know that it requires more than just a copy-paste to optimize this for PC, and any quirks that pop up from this theme being used on PC via copy-paste should come as no surprise.

This was never meant to be a serious port, my time/effort isn't worth learning coding/design just to make an optimized GUI for a free MMO based on a casual/kids game (Rated E for everyone). Other people with experience can easily come up and do this GUI or any GUI far better than a regular copy-paste job like what I did if they find that it's worth their time and effort (or even money, who knows) to do so.

So rather than wasting your time and effort typing out what should have been clearly obvious from the start, accept my copy-paste job for what it is: a fun and casual proof-of-concept experiment from some talentless nutjob.

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

So rather than wasting your time and effort typing out what should have been clearly obvious from the start

I am not wasting my time, only trying to save others time because they assume this GUI functions properly. 

6 minutes ago, nurver9 said:

I am not wasting my time, only trying to save others time because they assume this GUI functions properly. 

Well I have a whole section called "Things to Keep in Mind" with a list of weird quirks and a statement all in Bold lettering and such, if they assumed Disney miracles/perfection and they did not read that section, then that's on them.

8 hours ago, budadeth said:

I just downloaded this yesterday and works just fine

no bugs, no errors

just the same as Android without on screen buttons layout

Works fine no bugs or errors, just the missing modules, buttons, code, etc right? lol

On 10/31/2021 at 1:55 AM, nurver9 said:

Works fine no bugs or errors, just the missing modules, buttons, code, etc right? lol

Thats pretty obvious whitin the limitations of being just a copy-paste

but if you are familliar with android devices you can handle it just well and have some minor tweaks that will give you some good changes, for me its worth trying, as I said at least within the limitations of being just a copy-paste of Android GUI

• 1 month later...

Welp, it's been a fun experiment while it lasted, the Android client can now be chosen on PC thanks to the latest update! It's time to retire this thread.

As for the tutorial on how to make custom Android GUIs work on rooted phones, it's been taken down from forums for whatever reason. So I'll either repost it sooner or later or y'all can just hit me up on my DMs. Merry XMas and peace!

• Guest changed the title to Close it, chiefs o;
  • BrokenBulb locked this topic