Close it, chiefs o;

1 minute ago, MGRazor said:

Yeah the PC GUI looks outdated for my taste, I love the Android GUI more IMO

And P.S. It does not involve downloading a modded APK at all, but it does involve rooting your phone to access a hidden APK that PokeMMO uses as a base, the APK that you download from PokeMMO's website is just used to install PokeMMO xD

Lol 

Well you where alright i don't think too many people would root his phone just for that haha

5 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

Yeah the PC GUI looks outdated for my taste, I love the Android GUI more IMO

And P.S. It does not involve downloading a modded APK at all, but it does involve rooting your phone to access a hidden APK that PokeMMO uses as a base after you install it; the APK that you download from PokeMMO's website is just used to install PokeMMO xD

I think i'm gonna try with that, it's just like replacing files right?

4 minutes ago, budadeth said:

Lol 

Well you where alright i don't think too many people would root his phone just for that haha

Exactly, this is for only those willing to die for their country errrr I mean for the more patient/advanced people who are willing to do this for custom Android GUIs no matter the cost xD

1 minute ago, budadeth said:

I think i'm gonna try with that, it's just like replacing files right?

It's simply just replacing the theme folders with your GUI mod folders, that's all, maybe even replacing the default folder too, now that we know the Android GUI relies on it for stuff lol

Edited by Guest

Just keep in mind some file manager apps are not made to access root files, I use this file manager called "FX" alongside the Root plugin for it that I downloaded alongside it in order to be able to edit the files v:

OK so a couple of things:

• The xmas update forced me to install a separate update outside of the normal update to replace the modded GUI with the default one. I don't know if it does this all of the time or not, but I was using a GUI from July 2018 as a test, so it might be because the game detected that I was missing important components or something. Either that, or the game tends to update everything on each update and I might end up having to re-apply the modded GUI each time (hopefully not lol)
  • I found out that you cannot update the base.apk with your modded GUI on your phone alone, it still restricts me saying that it's read-only (unless I make it rewritable via ADB commands, IDK yet lol). I have to copy-paste the base.apk onto another location on my phone, then transfer it to my PC to mod the theme folders, then transfer it back to my phone, and then copy-paste onto #/data/app/eu.pokemmo.client-1 again (or some other number besides 1, I could have sworn it changed to 2 on me once lol) and replace the unmodded base.apk. It's clearly a hassle but hey, it works xD

OK now here are some screens of it working on my phone, you can tell by the battery indicator showing my low battery because I didn't charge it well xD (I used the battle UI pic that @budadeth provided and just modded the current Android theme by replacing the default UI with his)

Battle UI:

Spoiler

9po7aYV.png

tJuZltM.png

epxpcNE.png

tKQlPT7.png

Some of the bubbles are missing, but I did notice that his Battle UI res pic didn't have bubbles around the Pokemon, Bag and Run icons like the original one did (then again the Fight icon didn't have a bubble in his and it still showed up, so IDK lol)

Edited by Guest
NVM, it's just a selection bubble that moves to the other icons when they are selected, derp lol
On 12/24/2020 at 5:57 PM, MGRazor said:

OK so a couple of things:

• The xmas update forced me to install a separate update outside of the normal update to replace the modded GUI with the default one. I don't know if it does this all of the time or not, but I was using a GUI from July 2018 as a test, so it might be because the game detected that I was missing important components or something. Either that, or the game tends to update everything on each update and I might end up having to re-apply the modded GUI each time (hopefully not lol)
  • I found out that you cannot update the base.apk with your modded GUI on your phone alone, it still restricts me saying that it's read-only (unless I make it rewritable via ADB commands, IDK yet lol). I have to copy-paste the base.apk onto another location on my phone, then transfer it to my PC to mod the theme folders, then transfer it back to my phone, and then copy-paste onto #/data/app/eu.pokemmo.client-1 again (or some other number besides 1, I could have sworn it changed to 2 on me once lol) and replace the unmodded base.apk. It's clearly a hassle but hey, it works xD

OK now here are some screens of it working on my phone, you can tell by the battery indicator showing my low battery because I didn't charge it well xD (I used the battle UI pic that @budadeth provided and just modded the current Android theme by replacing the default UI with his)

Battle UI:

Hide contents

9po7aYV.png

tJuZltM.png

epxpcNE.png

tKQlPT7.png

Some of the bubbles are missing, but I did notice that his Battle UI res pic didn't have bubbles around the Pokemon, Bag and Run icons like the original one did (then again the Fight icon didn't have a bubble in his and it still showed up, so IDK lol)

haahah yess i erase the bubble and let just the one that choose, i been running out of time, i just edited a few things for example the background of pokemon info, and a few others squares of the GUI... maybe after new year i can work in it a little more to make a propper theme

Oh yes seems like a really busy thing to edit the GUI on android with the christmas update and that... maybe better do it after the event goes off, anyways i was watching your screens in christmas eve and i was like; damn! he did all that work just to make it run! incredible 

Edited by budadeth
6 minutes ago, budadeth said:

haahah yess i erase the bubble and let just the one that choose, i been running out of time, i just edited a few things for example the background of pokemon info, and a few others squares of the GUI... maybe after new year i can work in it a little more to make a propper theme

Oh yes seems like a really busy thing to edit the GUI on android with the christmas update and that... maybe better do it after the event goes off, anyways i was watching your screens in christmas eve and i was like; damn! he did all that work just to make it run! incredible 

That's alright, yeah maybe it's just the Xmas event being a hassle, we'll see xD

It seems like every update I get will revert my GUI back to default, it seems to download a 62-65MB update on top of the regular intended update whenever it detects any change in the base.apk or something. I don't know how to prevent this yet; it's kinda annoying, but considering how little and far apart the game gets updated during the course of a year, I don't feel like it's unbearable for me, anyways, I can just make this a habit of mine or something whenever and update comes by xD

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, MGRazor said:

It seems like every update I get will revert my GUI back to default, it seems to download a 62-65MB update on top of the regular intended update whenever it detects any change in the base.apk or something. I don't know how to prevent this yet; it's kinda annoying, but considering how little and far apart the game gets updated during the course of a year, I don't feel like it's unbearable for me, anyways, I can just make this a habit of mine or something whenever and update comes by xD

Yes with every update it overwrite the default theme, at least PC that happens, hey do you have any tutorial or app for rooting? 

1 hour ago, budadeth said:

Yes with every update it overwrite the default theme, at least PC that happens, hey do you have any tutorial or app for rooting? 

Every phone is different, so no. Usually if you are not using those one-click rooting apps like Kingo Root, the main steps would be unlocking the bootloader, flashing something like TWRP recovery, and then installing your root software of choice. I recommend rooting your phone with this root software called Magisk, it's a systemless root meaning it does not modify your phone's system files, it has extra goodies like a built-in module-installer and root-hider (MagiskHide), and if you set it up correctly, it can bypass Google's Safetynet security check, meaning you can even potentially still use banking apps and play PUBG or something.

However, one of my phones requires an engineering firmware of my phone that has root access and that matches my phone's binary version, and if I had that, the only way to root that phone would be by forcing SuperSU on it (which I don't like because it messes with my phone's files and then I won't be able to use banking apps and stuff on it). My Samsung phone has a security-locked bootloader and I cannot OEM unlock it, so without an engineering firmware with my binary number, I cannot root my Samsung phone, and Samsung rarely leaks those engineering firmwares.

That's why I can't provide you with a rooting guide, every phone is different. What I can provide you with is a guide to force GUI mods on rooted phones, which is easy for me, but I am waiting a while to post that in case I get banned for this, I'll post it as its own separate tutorial thread sometime in January (if I don't get banned by the time I post it lol).

Edited by Guest
Then again if you read my previous comments, I think I already leaked how to do that, so for now, try to make out how to do it from what I posted before in this thread, derp v:
1 hour ago, MGRazor said:

Every phone is different, so no. Usually if you are not using those one-click rooting apps like Kingo Root, the main steps would be unlocking the bootloader, flashing something like TWRP recovery, and then installing your root software of choice. I recommend rooting your phone with this root software called Magisk, it's a systemless root meaning it does not modify your phone's system files, it has extra goodies like a built-in module-installer and root-hider (MagiskHide), and if you set it up correctly, it can bypass Google's Safetynet security check, meaning you can even potentially still use banking apps and play PUBG or something.

However, one of my phones requires an engineering firmware of my phone that has root access and that matches my phone's binary version, and if I had that, the only way to root that phone would be by forcing SuperSU on it (which I don't like because it messes with my phone's files and then I won't be able to use banking apps and stuff on it). My Samsung phone has a security-locked bootloader and I cannot OEM unlock it, so without an engineering firmware with my binary number, I cannot root my Samsung phone, and Samsung rarely leaks those engineering firmwares.

That's why I can't provide you with a rooting guide, every phone is different. What I can provide you with is a guide to force GUI mods on rooted phones, which is easy for me, but I am waiting a while to post that in case I get banned for this, I'll post it as its own separate tutorial thread sometime in January (if I don't get banned by the time I post it lol).

Yes sorry last time i rooted a phone was in 2014 lol

Yes i already got something to make it work, couldnt get root access but , Made a virtual Machine with root access lel ahhahah 

That should work for overwriting the theme folders, thats my question you know the folder where they are? I get a little confused, already try searching "theme" on the FX file manager but Even after 100k files scanned no "theme" find still

11 minutes ago, budadeth said:

Yes sorry last time i rooted a phone was in 2014 lol

Yes i already got something to make it work, couldnt get root access but , Made a virtual Machine with root access lel ahhahah 

That should work for overwriting the theme folders, thats my question you know the folder where they are? I get a little confused, already try searching "theme" on the FX file manager but Even after 100k files scanned no "theme" find still

A virtual machine on phone? Teach me senpai xD

Anyways, I doubt doing a word search for it in FX file manager would get you anywhere, it is inside another file xD

On the FX menu, go to System (Root) and grant FX root access. Then go to data>app>pokemmo.eu.client-(insert some number here). You will see something called "base.apk". Once you copy paste-it from your phone to your PC (to bypass read-only permissions), and open it up with something like WinRAR or something, go to assets>data>themes and the theme folders should be right there.

Also did you download the Root extension for FX file manager? Make sure you do that first, it's on the Play Store.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

A virtual machine on phone? Teach me senpai xD

Anyways, I doubt doing a word search for it in FX file manager would get you anywhere, it is inside another file xD

On the FX menu, go to System (Root) and grant FX root access. Then go to data>app>pokemmo.eu.client-(insert some number here). You will see something called "base.apk". Once you copy paste-it from your phone to your PC (to bypass read-only permissions), and open it up with something like WinRAR or something, go to assets>data>themes and the theme folders should be right there

Also did you download the Root extension for FX file manager? Make sure you do that first, it's on the Play Store.

Ohh i need the PC hahaha well im almost at home i catch you later

I followed a from an hindu (yes they never miss (almost)) its called "ROOT any Android device in just 1 click without PC no TRWP no Bootloader" 

From the channel About Android

I'm flipping with that i hope i can use for what i need

Ohh i need the PC hahaha well im almost at home i catch you later

I followed a from an hindu (yes they never miss (almost)) its called "ROOT any Android device in just 1 click without PC no TRWP no Bootloader" 

From the channel About Android

I'm flipping with that i hope i can use for what i need

Alright, good luck :p

Edited by Guest

OMG inside the Android apk there is the default theme from PC... Lol ahaha

Yeah lol, the Android GUI gets some of its things from the default GUI, like you discovered a little while ago xD

5 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Yeah lol, the Android GUI gets some of its things from the default GUI, like you discovered a little while ago xD

yes my actual surprise its that the apk have that default theme inside, i mean, its like from 2012 lol i think they surely invest in upgrading all that system ... maybe in 4 or 6 years when the next gen of devices comes out ... lol

im going to make my first try with my theme 

10 minutes ago, budadeth said:

yes my actual surprise its that the apk have that default theme inside, i mean, its like from 2012 lol i think they surely invest in upgrading all that system ... maybe in 4 or 6 years when the next gen of devices comes out ... lol

im going to make my first try with my theme 

Alright good luck, I only have your little battle UI res pic to test with so I'm screwed until I get my hands on a complete GUI mod xD

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

Alright good luck, I only have your little battle UI res pic to test with so I'm screwed until I get my hands on a complete GUI mod xD

let me try i already made it work but, just in time like usual, they updated, soo it screwed my edit lol hahaha

when i see everything goes cool i give you my file to download, you just overwrite the ak

let me try i already made it work but, just in time like usual, they updated, soo it screwed my edit lol hahaha

when i see everything goes cool i give you my file to download, you just overwrite the ak

Alrighty :p

1 hour ago, MGRazor said:

Alrighty :p

sadly i can try it, i dunno why my virtual machine´s pokemmo app dosnt get the roms y-y 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/efadeydpkylzpo6/base.apk/file

check it out for me if you can

i needed to upload my rom and download it from the virtual machine just to make it work lol

well there is the link feel free to try it, check pokemmo dosnt need any update before overwriting haha

**** I forget to change one of the fonts!!! hahaha damn

Screenshot_20201230-003536~2.png

Screenshot_20201230-003547~2.png

Edited by budadeth

sadly i can try it, i dunno why my virtual machine´s pokemmo app dosnt get the roms y-y 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/efadeydpkylzpo6/base.apk/file

check it out for me if you can

i needed to upload my rom and download it from the virtual machine just to make it work lol

well there is the link feel free to try it, check pokemmo dosnt need any update before overwriting haha

**** I forget to change one of the fonts!!! hahaha damn

Screenshot_20201230-003536~2.png

Screenshot_20201230-003547~2.png

Testing it out on my phone, holy hell this looks pretty sweet, a bit too blue on some things but other than that I really like it, start menu looks good too xD

I especially love the fonts, the battle UI and the start menu xD

Some more pics for other people to see:

Spoiler

T3fj10Y.png

Ew5ktVG.png

b2dR9Xs.png

9QzjN0i.png

It kinda gives me the Dark Aether vibes xD

Edited by Guest

Updated the link and the android folder to the latest version, the GUI kinda changed a little after some update so I uploaded a fresh copy of the default Android GUI again, the link is already updated in my OG post xD

Edited by Guest