Close it, chiefs o;

Welp, it's been a fun experiment while it lasted, the Android client can now be chosen on PC thanks to the latest update! It's time to retire this thread.

Merry XMas and peace!

6 minutes ago, budadeth said:

thanks im gonna try edit that theme for android at least for my own use till themes get official support for android devices, good luck playing sinnoh, a friend beat it with that issue

Have fun 0; Also damn, your friend's a god damn trooper xD

30 minutes ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

i wonder if i can get elements from this android theme into pc themes like how i think the battle ui is really cool

Good question, guess there's only one way to find out, experimentation (or asking devs but that's boring xD)

Edited by Guest

OK so new discovery, the UI scaling option does not work with this GUI for whatever reason, I can change it anywhere from 1.0x all the way to 2.0x and it will change nothing, gonna put this in as a new bulletin point on my OG post, IDK about this with other people xD

Another discovery, you can hold left-click on someone instead of using the Nearby Players option if you want to target someone (I didn't know this was a thing on Android at all until a friend of mine told me, derrrrrp :v). The character box thing pops up on random weird places on my screen though, IDK about y'all lol

18 hours ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

tried some stuff working on it i mostly just want how big the ui and icons becomes but on pc

i think thats all coded on the .xml but its surely would lot of work if you dont know about coding... like me... 

21 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Good question, guess there's only one way to find out, experimentation (or asking devs but that's boring xD)

actually you gived me a lot with this one thanks again for ripping the android GUI... now i have battles on full screen and also, the entire GUI of Android looks kind of better, or at least more modern. this is a really unique way to make your pc game looks and im going to take advantage of that as much as i can! thanks again! 

Hmm now here's some food for thought, what if someone mods the GUI (making sure no files go missing and that the entire folder look untouched on the surface, of course xD) and then replaces the original android folder on the APK with the modded theme before installing PokeMMO via that APK? (after testing it all out on PC and finishing it, of course xD) Do you think we could make a modded GUI work on Android like this? I could see there being a problem with like PokeMMO updates potentially resetting/screwing up the GUI but like still, experimentation can work wonders smh

Edited by Guest
Scrap this, I replaced the current GUI with the GUI from July 2018 to test, it gives me an installation error saying that the APK was corrupt. I think in order for this to work, it would have to involve using Android Studio, which would maybe risk a ban
8 hours ago, MGRazor said:

Hmm now here's some food for thought, what if someone mods the GUI (making sure no files go missing and that the entire folder look untouched on the surface, of course xD) and then replaces the original android folder on the APK with the modded theme before installing PokeMMO via that APK? (after testing it all out on PC and finishing it, of course xD) Do you think we could make a modded GUI work on Android like this? I could see there being a problem with like PokeMMO updates potentially resetting/screwing up the GUI but like still, experimentation can work wonders smh

hopefully some kindve mix can be made

23 hours ago, MGRazor said:

yes cause thats the verification of client/app, for android it surely could work but as for now not officially implemented, better wait because its not work the risk to mod the actual apk

this is the suggestion for addind theme support on android devices, i already give it some exposure on my youtube channel but seems not much people care about this lol (even if the vid got like 100 views i think no one came to vote that suggestion)

im now trying to mod that Android GUI for PC, as it looks way modern and cool than the base theme scheme working on PC clients, and with that, eventually if android get support for themes, i will already have my own B-) (unless they make it work in other way XD)

i will show you the results later

1 hour ago, budadeth said:

yes cause thats the verification of client/app, for android it surely could work but as for now not officially implemented, better wait because its not work the risk to mod the actual apk

this is the suggestion for addind theme support on android devices, i already give it some exposure on my youtube channel but seems not much people care about this lol (even if the vid got like 100 views i think no one came to vote that suggestion)

im now trying to mod that Android GUI for PC, as it looks way modern and cool than the base theme scheme working on PC clients, and with that, eventually if android get support for themes, i will already have my own B-) (unless they make it work in other way XD)

i will show you the results later

looking forward to seeing what u can do

1 hour ago, JaredNattyDaddyTKL said:

check out the post i made and what mods i was able to do to the android theme so far on pc maybe you have suggestions or can help

Android/Pc Client Revamped Mod - Client Customization - PokeMMO

I ain't really no GUI modder, just some curious scrub that digs through files and stuff who knows pretty much nothing about modding or art; so I'm probably not gonna be of any good help for you outside of updating the Android GUI folder here when new menus get added to the game and messes up the GUI or something. But I guess I can suggest something or two v;

Edited by Guest
If you're gonna mention this thread, make sure to provide a link to here, in case people want to find this thread lol
15 hours ago, MGRazor said:

owo

what you think, i just made a simple templates, i need more working with the other textures of this theme, and also, have to work aside in the "default" theme customization as well to match what could be in this "android" theme

hey i dunno if you are aware of this but

in terms of "themes" modding this could be the biggest thing since... the official "how to edit GUI" 8 years ago lol

1 hour ago, budadeth said:

what you think, i just made a simple templates, i need more working with the other textures of this theme, and also, have to work aside in the "default" theme customization as well to match what could be in this "android" theme

hey i dunno if you are aware of this but

in terms of "themes" modding this could be the biggest thing since... the official "how to edit GUI" 8 years ago lol

Maybe, I don't know. It's up to the playerbase to determine if this is just a one-hit wonder or something big, I just posted this thing to just let it be out there for the hell of it xD.

Though to let you in on a little something, what I learned to do could be even bigger than this...

I finally found a way to make custom Android GUIs work on actual Android phones \o/

Edited by Guest
Albeit it is kinda a bit too far-off for most people to wanna do, I'm gonna wait a while to post how to make custom GUIs work on Android just to be on the safe side and if I don't post it after a month or so, then it's too risky for y'all lol
25 minutes ago, MGRazor said:

Maybe, I don't know. It's up to the playerbase to determine if this is just a one-hit wonder or something big, I just posted this thing to just let it be out there for the hell of it xD.

Though to let you in on a little something, what I learned to do could be even bigger than this...

I finally found a way to make custom Android GUIs work on actual Android phones \o/

I mean it's not what the people actually care because mostly wouldnt want to play as an Android devices because the limitations and changes, but the Android theme it's way beyond ahead the base one of PC, just look a few textures in /res, the common one in PC are tiny square like 5x5 pixels that make the entire HUD, and the Android one the textures are way bigger, can be more detailed, way more, and don't even think about how far ahead it's in terms of the overall design, as the PC base still 80% the same as in 2012 and between that and 2018-19 there was a huge advance in technology, i hope this could not just be a motivation for the devs to make themes a feature un Android devices but also a step to modernize the old GUI itself for PC users

Merry Christmas friend, i would be working on this, and can't say you thank enough for having it ripped from Android, i tried back in the day but couldnt and totally forget about it, and now it's all what i needed!

PD: yes better don't take false steps modding for android, even if could be cool i think there even would be legal problems for sharing a modded apk... Or even use it, lets hope the best for modding pokemmo in this 2021

9 minutes ago, budadeth said:

I mean it's not what the people actually care because mostly wouldnt want to play as an Android devices because the limitations and changes, but the Android theme it's way beyond ahead the base one of PC, just look a few textures in /res, the common one in PC are tiny square like 5x5 pixels that make the entire HUD, and the Android one the textures are way bigger, can be more detailed, way more, and don't even think about how far ahead it's in terms of the overall design, as the PC base still 80% the same as in 2012 and between that and 2018-19 there was a huge advance in technology, i hope this could not just be a motivation for the devs to make themes a feature un Android devices but also a step to modernize the old GUI itself for PC users

Merry Christmas friend, i would be working on this, and can't say you thank enough for having it ripped from Android, i tried back in the day but couldnt and totally forget about it, and now it's all what i needed!

PD: yes better don't take false steps modding for android, even if could be cool i think there even would be legal problems for sharing a modded apk... Or even use it, lets hope the best for modding pokemmo in this 2021

Yeah the PC GUI looks outdated for my taste, I love the Android GUI more IMO

And P.S. It does not involve downloading a modded APK at all, but it does involve rooting your phone to access a hidden APK that PokeMMO uses as a base after you install it; the APK that you download from PokeMMO's website is just used to install PokeMMO xD

Edited by Guest