Bug Type Playthrough

Doing a bug only run on my alt, wanted some feedback on my teams. 

Unova: Volcarona, Leavanny, Scolipede, Crustle & Galvantula 

Hoenn: Dustox, Beautiful, Masquerin, Armaldo, Ninjask, Illumise 

Kanto: Parasect, Scizor, Venomoth, Butterfree, Pinsir

Sinnoh: Kricketune, Heracross, Mothim, Vespiquen, Yanmega & Skorupi (evolution isn't bug)

You can't obtain a Volcarona before Unova's Elite Four due to its evolution level (59), it's going to be stuck as a weak Larvesta. If you want another native species instead, Escavalier is a pretty interesting pick, not being weak to flying or rock like the rest. If you want a 6th, you also missed Accelgor and Durant, although Durant can't be found in the wild until the end of your journey.

If you want a 6th for Kanto, Scyther (as-is), Beedrill, Ledian, and Ariados are available to catch.

In Sinnoh, you've got a lot of options. Kricketune and Skorupi aren't very strong, I'd probably recommend swapping one of them for Scizor. You've also got Scyther, Wormadam, Beautifly, and Dustox to pick from if you don't want to use it twice. If you pick Dustox or Beautifly, you can avoid overlap with Hoenn if you use Volbeat there.

Edited by Rache
Remembered that Sinnoh has more bugs

Unovan Bugs are the best , having Volcarona, Accelgor, Escavalier,  Crustle,Scolipede, Leavanny, Galvantula  and even Durant.

In Hoenn, The Nincada family and Armaldo are the best bug options while Sinnoh has only a few good bug types, like yanmega or vespiqueen (drapion doesn't count)

Kanto has Scyther (which can evolve further into Scizor) and Pinsir. Butterfree is also an interesting choice, having access to the ability compound eyes, and the move Sleep Powder, and you can also teach it Quiver dance