What defines a "good" team/guild?

Bryce

Joined a random team that was advertising in Channel chat with another friend I started this game with.

There's some nice guys but there's always <5 people on at any given time and when I'm on late at night in the EST timezone there's almost never anybody online.

I just wanted to ask how this sort of activity level compares to other teams. I don't have a concept for how "big" this game is, so I don't know if this is standard or if this is a pretty quiet/inactive team.

Teams are maxed out at 150 members. Most teams are constantly trying to fill their ranks with active members. In my experience, usually a good indicator of activity is expressed through the amount of interaction going on in the in-game team chat, and the activity of a team discord. Oftentimes there will be 'hot' times, where many players are logged on, like EST evenings or afternoons, and relative 'dead' times, where less players are logged in and socializing. However, this is somewhat solved by having a good mix of timezones in members!

I know this answer is relatively roundabout, but I hope my answer has helped in some way~

Always having a bunch of friendly people to play and enjoy game together. They can be there for you and you can be here for them. 

Most active teams have 10-15 players online at any times. It doesn't really matter if it's less, all that matters is you hang out with people you like. That is most important.

If you see players in this thread not even answering your question and just come to say their team is good, then it's probably a good sign that their team isn't really good :D

Edited by Poufilou

From my experience, Just join a team that ends up making your life enjoyable playing MMO. 
the true purpose of teams is to bring the community together while making more friends/Improving. 

You might run into some really terrible teams, or you might find just the right one right off the bat. 
Some recommendations if you plan to change teams would be Foxy - Meow - OpTc - Bsdo - Lem - Mr are all "Hybrid" teams, Sole focus be Shiny hunting or PvP but Family-based as well. 
Language based teams i would suggest Fall - NoyP or Past.

Some teams are more active then others, keeping in mind of work & school, You might see a increase of activity with events or you might be on a team that's got a focused time zone to yours. (Can also check their last log-in date via member list)
Best of luck, I shall put this here too -