[PBS] PokeMMO Battle Series - Season 1 General Thread

Insert Cool Logo

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/Eq6hq9Ccvw

Welcome to the PokeMMO Battle Series. The officially unofficial draft league of PokeMMO. Draft leagues are tournaments where people manage their own Pokémon team. Which mons are on these teams depends on the 'draft', you as a manager of a team have a large degree of control on which Pokémon will end up in your team. Draft leagues limit the amount of 'meta' Pokémon we can use, therefore draft leagues are places where you see a lot of unfamiliar Pokémon and strategies shine! You do not have to be a strong competitive player to have fun with a draft league. Winning is nice, but draft leagues are also an excellent way to break free of metagames that have become stale for you. So without further ado, here is how it will work:

We will (hopefully) have two separate draft leagues going on simultaneously. The PBS Singles and Doubles divisions. The maximum amount of teams in a single division will be 16. If by some miracle we have more signups than that, we will look into other possibilities. Here are the most important things you need to know:

- The draft will be done in a snake-pattern, the order of this will be determined randomly.

- Every team has to draft exactly 10 Pokémon. At the time of the draft a team can only have a max of 3 OU and 3 UU Pokémon. (For Doubles it's a free for all draft).

- Every team has 1 manager and this manager has the possibility of playing with a co-manager.

- Co-managers are allowed to play instead of the Manager. Managers and their Cos are allowed to discuss matches together.

- Every team will face each other once in a Round Robin style tournament. After that the standings will determine who will proceed to the Preliminaries.

A much more detailed overview of the rules can be found here. You're free to PM/DM me anywhere if you have questions related to the competition (if your question can be answered by reading the rules I'll tell you to read the rules :p). I'll get a Discord server running soon too. Again I'd like to say, don't shy away from competing if you don't do that often. The more the merrier C:

Sooooo, yeah. All there is left to do is slowly gather donations and if you are competing you might want to start thinking about your draft strategy. The prizes I'm aiming for in the first season are 10m for first, 4m for second, 2m for third and 1m for fourth, for both the Doubles and Singles Series. If we reach a higher amount that's nice, if not oh well.

Donation Count Singles: 6.15m / 17m + 1 mandarin, 1 casteliacone, 1 LAVA COOKIE

Donation Count Doubles 6.9m / 17m + 1 mandarin, 1 casteliacone, 1 LAVA COOKIE

Donations can be mailed to IGN: ThinkNicer (specify if you want your donation to go towards Singles or Doubles)

Donators:

Zigh - 3.85m
imabetheverybest - 2.700.001 + 2 mandarin, 2 casteliacone, 2 LAVA COOKIE

SweetForU - 2m

ThinkNicer - 2m
OrangeManiac - 1m

Pouf - 1m

PoseidonWrath - 300k

CaptnBaklava - 200k

Standings Week 2:

Singles:

9ac95bf30080871b8c3bfb0c445b88a7.png

Doubles:

7a0bcf27ce7fd789af1bf4731b62c73b.png

Edited by ThinkNicer

Singles Series Teams:

Team Arte (Artemiseta & DoubleJ):

conkeldurr.pngskarmory.pngchandelure.pngkrookodile.pngroserade.pngstaraptor.pngabomasnow.pnggardevoir.pnggalvantula.pngsamurott.png

Vermilion Villains (Lotus & Axoa):

garchomp.pnggengar.pngchansey.pngbisharp.pnggigalith.pngvaporeon.pnggolbat.pngeelektross.pnghitmonlee.pngaccelgor.png

Luke :( (iMat & no Luke) - Previously: Enchanteur & yosoyarca 0-5:

reuniclus.pngmilotic.pngdarmanitan.pngbronzong.pngalakazam.pngforretress.pnghitmonchan.pngdugtrio.pngabsol.pnghaunter.png

High Five Woopers (Poufilou & Revz):

rotom-wash.pngferrothorn.pnghaxorus.pngmamoswine.pngmedicham.pngzoroark.pngslowking.pngdrapion.pngvanilluxe.pngaltaria.png

Team Quiler (DarkQuiler & LokiiD):

scizor.pngdragonite.pnggastrodon.pnggligar.pngdruddigon.pngtyphlosion.pngsableye.pngsceptile.pngbastiodon.pnglilligant.png

Porygoners (QuinnW & Incognition):

infernape.pngmandibuzz.pngporygon-z.pngjellicent.pngflygon.pngsigilyph.pngnidoqueen.pnghitmontop.pngwhimsicott.pngmanectric.png

Super Taco Bros. (badbaarsito & AkaruKokuyo) - Previously PoseidonWrath & Kriliin 0-5:

mienshao.pngcloyster.pngporygon2.pngrhyperior.pngspiritomb.pngblaziken.pnggallade.pngrotom.pngelectrode.pngalomomola.png

Team Geschmacksverkalkung (CaptnBaklava & RexB):

tyranitar.pngstarmie.pngexcadrill.pngrotom-heat.pngumbreon.pngyanmega.pngsteelix.pngsmeargle.pnghariyama.pngpikachu.png

Wombo Combo (kiwikidd & Pablobacas):

togekiss.pngbreloom.pngjolteon.pngempoleon.pngdusclops.pngscrafty.pngclefable.pngaerodactyl.pngquagsire.pngcinccino.png

Pacos Fighter (NagaHex & RDL):

salamence.pnggyarados.pngrotom-mow.pngheracross.pngsnorlax.pngarcanine.pngrhydon.pngtoxicroak.pngespeon.pngnidoking.png

Super Shell Smash Bros. (SweetForU & CHUCKunso):

lucario.pnggliscor.pngswampert.pngmetagross.pngblastoise.pngvenomoth.pngfroslass.pngludicolo.pngmusharna.pngkangaskhan.png

War of Pacific (MendeeZ & Huargensy):

volcarona.pngblissey.pngcofagrigus.pngweavile.pngdonphan.pngmantine.pngmachamp.pngmagneton.pngtangrowth.pngpiloswine.png

Yuno & Yuki (GasaiYunoSan & Sebat):

pelipper.pngkingdra.pngkabutops.pngazumarill.pngseismitoad.pngvenusaur.pngbronzor.pngdusknoir.pngmiltank.pngarcheops.png

SIhAx (Stelian & Lunarck):

hippowdon.pnghydreigon.pngmagnezone.pngcrobat.pnglanturn.pngslowbro.pngmismagius.pngstoutland.pngroselia.pnghonchkrow.png

Doubles Series Teams:

Zigh:

porygon2.pngconkeldurr.pngrotom-mow.pngdragonite.pnggliscor.pngescavalier.pngslowbro.pngdusknoir.pngzoroark.pngmunchlax.png

Long Distance Luvdiscs (PinkWings & ThinkNicer):

togekiss.pngferrothorn.pngvolcarona.pngbisharp.pngkangaskhan.pngswampert.pngvanilluxe.pngstarmie.pngheracross.pngmanectric.png

Team Quiler (DarkQuiler & LokiiD):

blastoise.pnghydreigon.pngamoonguss.pngscizor.pngmagmar.pngjolteon.pngkrookodile.pngmandibuzz.pngmachamp.pngtoxicroak.png

Team Geschmacksverkalkung (CaptnBaklava & RexB):

gengar.pngarcanine.pngpelipper.pngelectivire.pngmilotic.pngdurant.pngazumarill.pngspiritomb.pngludicolo.pngshiftry.png

Yuno & Yuki (GasaiYunoSan & Sebat):

hitmontop.pngclefable.pngtangrowth.pngmienshao.pngalakazam.pngdarmanitan.pngcofagrigus.pngdusclops.pngvaporeon.pngrhydon.png

Pacos Fighter (NagaHex & RDL):

metagross.pngwhimsicott.pngabomasnow.pngsnorlax.pnggastrodon.pnggothitelle.pngtyphlosion.pngraichu.pngmismagius.pngyanmega.png

Super Taco Bros. (Badbaarsito & AkaruKokuyo):

reuniclus.pngkingdra.pnggyarados.pngrotom-heat.pngaerodactyl.pngchansey.pnglucario.pngrampardos.pngporygon-z.pnghippowdon.png

Wolfe's Lycanrocks (iJulian vs YettoDie):

tyranitar.pngexcadrill.pngstaraptor.pngbronzong.pnginfernape.pngslowking.pngeelektross.pngfroslass.pngserperior.pngsamurott.png

Dank Void (OrangeManiac & imabetheverybest):

chandelure.pnghariyama.pnggarchomp.pngcrobat.pngtorkoal.pnglilligant.pngbeheeyem.pngtogetic.pngmarowak.pngsawsbuck.png

Luke XD (iMat & Luke):

rotom-wash.pngsalamence.pngmamoswine.pnggigalith.pngbreloom.pngjellicent.pngmedicham.pngrhyperior.pngmagnezone.pngmr-mime.png

Edited by ThinkNicer
1 minute ago, YourAngst said:

hi,hellow ,howdy i would like to sign up but i have a very important question can i be a manager,co- manager and player at the same time? If not how many ppl do i need for my team?

Hello, signups will be opened in 2 to 3 weeks. Also to clarify (co)managers = players. You are a 'manager' of a Pokémon team, so the Pokémon are the 'players' you draft as (co)managers.

So every team can have 1-2 players, playing the team. Every team will have 10 Pokémon, these you will have to draft. Does that answer your question?

17 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

There are 41 OUs, we can have max 3 OUs each, 16x3=48. Since we can have max 3 UUs each, my suggestion is that we can convert an OU pick to a UU one, means a player can have 1 OU and 5 UUs if he desires.

Good point. But UU only has 42 mons as well so that wouldn't really work. Then the max size of a division should be 14 and then it"d mostly work fine. Converting slots is not the way I think, because I could potentially pick 6 UUs and my draft could be stronger than someone that picks 3 OUs and 3UUs, if you have multiple people that go with the more UU strategy, the pool of UU mons would shrink really fast.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 6:29 PM, ThinkNicer said:

Singles Series Teams:

Artemiseta & Co:

conkeldurr.pngskarmory.pngchandelure.pngkrookodile.pngroserade.pngstaraptor.pngabomasnow.pnggardevoir.pnggalvantula.pngsamurott.png

Vermilion Villains (Lotus & Co):

garchomp.pnggengar.pngchansey.pngbisharp.pnggigalith.pngvaporeon.pnggolbat.pngeelektross.pnghitmonlee.pngaccelgor.png

Enchanteur & Co:

reuniclus.pngmilotic.pngdarmanitan.pngbronzong.pngalakazam.pngforretress.pnghitmonchan.pngdugtrio.pngabsol.pnghaunter.png

High Five Woopers (Poufilou & Co):

rotom-wash.pngferrothorn.pnghaxorus.pngmamoswine.pngmedicham.pngzoroark.pngslowking.pngdrapion.pngvanilluxe.pngaltaria.png

DarkQuiler & Co:

scizor.pngdragonite.pnggastrodon.pnggligar.pngdruddigon.pngtyphlosion.pngsableye.pngsceptile.pngbastiodon.pnglilligant.png

QuinnW & Co:

infernape.pngmandibuzz.pngporygon-z.pngjellicent.pngflygon.pngsigilyph.pngnidoqueen.pnghitmontop.pngwhimsicott.pngmanectric.png

PoseidonWrath & Co:

mienshao.pngcloyster.pngporygon2.pngrhyperior.pngspiritomb.pngblaziken.pnggallade.pngrotom.pngfroslass.pngalomomola.png

CaptnBaklava & Co:

tyranitar.pngstarmie.pngexcadrill.pngrotom-heat.pngumbreon.pngyanmega.pngsteelix.pngsmeargle.pnghariyama.pngpikachu.png

Wombo Combo (kiwikidd & Co):

togekiss.pngbreloom.pngjolteon.pngempoleon.pngdusclops.pngscrafty.pngclefable.pngaerodactyl.pngquagsire.pngcinccino.png

NagaHex & Co:

salamence.pnggyarados.pngrotom-mow.pngheracross.pngsnorlax.pngarcanine.pngrhydon.pngtoxicroak.pngespeon.pngnidoking.png

SweetForU & Co:

lucario.pnggliscor.pngswampert.pngmetagross.pngblastoise.pngvenomoth.pngelectrode.pngludicolo.pngmusharna.pngkangaskhan.png

MendeeZ & Co:

volcarona.pngblissey.pngcofagrigus.pngweavile.pngdonphan.pngmantine.pngmachamp.pngmagneton.pngtangrowth.pngpiloswine.png

Great to not be here. No wonder why i was 14th now xD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.