Potential new player, how is this game?

The answer to everything would be yes. I do not know why many responded with huge texts, or being impractical.
But you will have to experience it for yourself. And regarding updates: the game is updated very often, but lately they are due to bugs, graphics errors, and some details. Good luck.

La respuesta a todo seria un si. No se por que muchos te respondieron con enormes textos, o siendo poco practicos.
Pero tendras que experimentarlo por ti mismo. Y respecto a las actualizaciones: el juego se actualiza muy seguido, pero ultimamente son por bugs, errores de graficos, y algunos detalles. Buena suerte.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:24 AM, Bryce said:

Can somebody explain to me what "altrunning" is and why people do it?

U can find main methods of grinding pokeyens in guide.

Alt running is one of the method if u do not like Gym/NPC cooldown or E4 matches or berries (waiting time as well), or u don't even bother to create strategy/team to beat them

On 12/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, Bryce said:

Unfortunately I'm on PC and my phone is iOS so I don't have the luxuries of an Android.

That being said, I did install this and got the ROMs up and running, currently starting in the Hoenn region. Haven't played Pokemon in a LONG time so it's taken a bit of figuring out as far as what Pokemon I want on which routes and stuff...

hey all good... that was just my personal opinion on pc gaming XD if u enjoy the classic pokemon games you'll enjoy this. that said if u ever get an android i def recommend putting it on ur phone... it has been hell on my social life tho XD

I read and understand that this game has some added difficulty, but holy crap...

My rival opens with a counter to whatever Pokemon I place first, and switches to counters anytime I do. Gym trainers have Pokemon with moves that aren't stab and built to counter (Ice Punch on Machop in the 2nd gym...). Like I thought maybe they would just increase the levels or something, but holy hell.

3 hours ago, Bryce said:

I read and understand that this game has some added difficulty, but holy crap...

My rival opens with a counter to whatever Pokemon I place first, and switches to counters anytime I do. Gym trainers have Pokemon with moves that aren't stab and built to counter (Ice Punch on Machop in the 2nd gym...). Like I thought maybe they would just increase the levels or something, but holy hell.

Welcome to PokeMMO!

Hope you enjoy your stay!

5 hours ago, Bryce said:

ya wait til you get to the later gyms where they have perfect counters for every weakness..... like the electric gym that took out my entire team with everything but an electric move with one pokemon.... or the one i'm on now where lucario uses everything but fighting moves in a fighting gym....

tip... buy carbos on trade market and boost your pokemon speeds.. it'll help avoid the switch and counters more, letting you do the counters instead

Edited by KallenSkye