Catching Dittos for Pokeyen Guide

Alright everyone!  Here is my video guide for catching dittos for pokeyen.  I go into detail where, why, and how to catch dittos.  I also cover selling dittos on GTL and add insight to which ball is best for catching dittos.  I try to assume nothing and made this guide to be friendly for the newest of PokeMMO players.  I am aware that there are other dittos guides out there and other strategies. Please see details of video for hyperlinks to each section of guide and for other information.  I will be adding follow up videos in regard to transform affect on catch rate and also the ball debate. If you have any questions or information to add feel free to comment.

• 1 month later...

Hey MoxieMozzie this guide is super helpful and got me into ditto farming! Thanks very much for it.

I do have one piece of criticism; I think your analysis of which ball to use is incorrect. You based it on your experience using a sample size of 200 balls but I don't think that's a reasonable way to decide it. The reason is that 200 isn't a large enough sample to see the effects of your decision.

I found the cost of all relevant balls as well as their catch rates and put them in ratios, you can see it below. According to the chart, PokeBalls are the most efficient on cost per catch ratio, followed by Dusk balls. I think Dusk balls will work better in the long run in terms of time though since they have a significantly higher catch rate so you'll spend less time on each individual ditto. Repeat balls are close too and have an even better catch rate again.1927296632_Screenshotfrom2021-01-1614-41-03.thumb.png.28bc99efc8f5f69e860894b295e15b43.png

I'd like to hear your feedback if you have a reason why Great Balls are still better or if there is something I didn't consider. Thanks again!

Actually I just realised that the catch rates in MMO differ from the base game. Dusk balls are probably still best because they improve time efficiency by catching faster but they're apparently equivalent to great balls in terms of ratio2057922401_Screenshotfrom2021-01-1615-55-50.thumb.png.340e9a043a360eb2e82a667e4745e926.png

Edit: Turns out you can't buy Dusk Balls in MMO for less than 1400 so I'm definitely wrong! Just can't delete my comments, sorry!

Edited by MoxPeanut
correction