Sweet Scent Ocarina

concernedcitizen

Question

Ocarinas are a great reward for donation, they free up slots for better moves and allow us to have our best setup ready to go should we stumble upon Cynthia in a random Undella Town cottage. One ocarina that has been highly requested is the sweet scent ocarina. It would free up precious party space for stronger pokemon or eggs during those lengthy shiny hatching hunts.

In order to make the ocarina Fair™ it should still require leppa berries to use.

sweet1.png.13c40d26abe345bd3f47fffb183a0414.png

Sorry, I'm not a graphics artist.

One leppa berry adds two charges with six charges max, just like a normal sweet scent 'mon. It should share charges with the sweet scent move and come with 0/6 charges when bought or traded to prevent exploitation. Visiting a pokemon center should reset the charges to 6/6 like it would a regular 'mon.

For 1,000 RP and the above specifications, it should be a balanced alternative to lugging around a sweet scent mon or wasting a move slot.

sweet2.png.f72ccfb500e17937a66a01cbe45dc8b9.png

The incense burner should have no impact on how sweet scent is used or the leppa berry economy other than freeing up move and party slots, just like ocarinas.

Hopefully the most requested move ocarina can one day be realized and sweet scent hunters will rejoice for the added convenience!

10 answers to this question

Very well thought out. Though not a lot of appeal of buying it if it works the same as a SS pokemon user with 6 uses max (reloading with 3 leppas every now and then)

Instead if it could automatically recharge itself by taking leppas from bag, or have no limit on leppa berry holding capacity. That would make it much more viable and worth the 1k RP spend.

46 minutes ago, Akshit said:

Very well thought out. Though not a lot of appeal of buying it if it works the same as a SS pokemon user with 6 uses max (reloading with 3 leppas every now and then)

Instead if it could automatically recharge itself by taking leppas from bag, or have no limit on leppa berry holding capacity. That would make it much more viable and worth the 1k RP spend.

Haha, I was just using your EV training guide and now I see you've replied to my post, I feel honored XD

Yeah, I figure this is just a general Idea of how to do a sweet scent ocarina without making leppa berries and sweet scent pokemon obsolete. They definitely could automatically refill or hold a large number of berries, but I didn't suggest it because that might be viewed as a little too powerful. The draw to this item is being able to have sweet scent with you no matter what pokemon are in your party, and the price doesn't have to be 1000 RP; It could be 200 like every other ocarina.

I love ocarinas, I recently traded mine to an alt while I clear story on that character and I can't tell you how many times I have to go back to PC on my main and get my flight or surf mon out just to travel, it's frustrating. The same is true for sweet scent. I was hired to do some EV training/leveling but at least two slots in my party have to be taken for traveling and sweet scent while I'm trying to train six pokemon for the client. That's a lot of extra trips, especially in the long run.

I figure donation is a voluntary way to support the game and something as useful as this should sell without offering a significant advantage over the current mechanics. It's an extra party/move slot you can fill with something you want rather than an obligatory sweet scent. It's not having to worry about having to go back to the PC and swap out mons just to sweet scent.

1000 RP, 200 RP, non-existent, at the end of the day the devs will do whatever they see fit.

2 hours ago, Akshit said:

But automatic recharge is an issue if you want to heal at PC for example. Same for unlimited capacity, how would it work when healing at PC ? Give only 6 uses ? It seems too complex to do. 

But I get your idea ; what about something like pressing the SS button again when you're out of use pops up a message asking you if you want to replenish uses by using 3 leppas? That way you can still choose not to and heal at PC, and also keep the limit to avoid complex coding. 

4 hours ago, concernedcitizen said:

For 1,000 RP and the above specifications, it should be a balanced alternative to lugging around a sweet scent mon or wasting a move slot.

I agree that a sweet scent ocarina would be nice but if she needs leppas I think it would be an ocarina like any other so I think the price should be 200rps

i love the ocarinas! they are great convenience item for players who want to support the game with donations!

whether it be sweet scent, dig, teleport etc. move ocarinas are always a great idea imo! also the idea that adding ocarinas to the shop will break the economy is rediculous... if some players no long using berries or ropes is gonna break the game then there is something far worse wrong with the game.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:10 PM, concernedcitizen said:

Ocarinas are a great reward for donation, they free up slots for better moves and allow us to have our best setup ready to go should we stumble upon Cynthia in a random Undella Town cottage. One ocarina that has been highly requested is the sweet scent ocarina. It would free up precious party space for stronger pokemon or eggs during those lengthy shiny hatching hunts.

In order to make the ocarina Fair™ it should still require leppa berries to use.

sweet1.png.13c40d26abe345bd3f47fffb183a0414.png

Sorry, I'm not a graphics artist.

One leppa berry adds two charges with six charges max, just like a normal sweet scent 'mon. It should share charges with the sweet scent move and come with 0/6 charges when bought or traded to prevent exploitation. Visiting a pokemon center should reset the charges to 6/6 like it would a regular 'mon.

sweet2.png.f72ccfb500e17937a66a01cbe45dc8b9.png

The incense burner should have no impact on how sweet scent is used or the leppa berry economy other than freeing up move and party slots, just like ocarinas.

Hopefully the most requested move ocarina can one day be realized and sweet scent hunters will rejoice for the added convenience!

Nice Idea, but i Think an orcarinas shall be useable as often you can. No player wants a PP consumable Orcarina. 

But if you want to implement one, then you can reach its max PP very high, for a good use. e.g. 200 PP. 

But think, that this Item shouldnt take more PP for every extra Sweet Scent Pokemon in your Team.

Or you can use PP Max how often you want to use to a fixed LImit. But if so, then this Orcarina shall be cheap. 

Because no one wants to pay extra money after Buying an Orcarina. 

All in  all, pls build in a PP unconsumable Sweet Scent Orcarina.  

56 minutes ago, Empoleon1994 said:

Nice Idea, but i Think an orcarinas shall be useable as often you can. No player wants a PP consumable Orcarina. 

But if you want to implement one, then you can reach its max PP very high, for a good use. e.g. 200 PP. 

But think, that this Item shouldnt take more PP for every extra Sweet Scent Pokemon in your Team.

Or you can use PP Max how often you want to use to a fixed LImit. But if so, then this Orcarina shall be cheap. 

Because no one wants to pay extra money after Buying an Orcarina. 

All in  all, pls build in a PP unconsumable Sweet Scent Orcarina.  

yeah let's break the shiny economy sounds like a great idea to me

On 11/30/2020 at 4:55 PM, Poufilou said:

But automatic recharge is an issue if you want to heal at PC for example. Same for unlimited capacity, how would it work when healing at PC ? Give only 6 uses ? It seems too complex to do. 

But I get your idea ; what about something like pressing the SS button again when you're out of use pops up a message asking you if you want to replenish uses by using 3 leppas? That way you can still choose not to and heal at PC, and also keep the limit to avoid complex coding. 

I think it should auto-recharge itself every time it's out of uses and you use it, indicating you want it to recharge. So it wouldn't restore itself if you use it and it goes from 5PP (1 use) to 0PP, but when you use it at 0 it'd go back up to 30 (6 uses).