Is This New Update a Joke?

NickLetts

Oh how terrible. Surely it's not like changing Pokeballs is something that's been requested more than just that one instance.

Snark aside. It's not like your suggestion is inherently bad or unworthy just because it didn't get in this patch. There are things that would need to be worked out with the UI to make adding a timer feasible. Not to mention that if you are able to hatch multiple eggs at once, each with their own timer, it could make the screen feel cluttered. Hovering is kind of hard to do on mobile, so there is a design consideration there as well. It's not like they can't, because it's definitely possible. It's more that if they want to then they need to design the UI side of it. If you are wondering why you didn't get a response from the devs, the vast majority of suggestions don't get a response from the dev team. This is nothing against you at all. It's entirely possible they could be designing how to handle an egg timer. Don't be mad at them for looking at low hanging fruit and picking that off first.

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, NickLetts said:

So, some bullsh-t with 7 votes gets coded in, but not something actually useful that many more people voted on, even when the higher-voted thread was started way later too??? Even moreso, if people weren't prepared with a correct ball to capture or breed their Pokemon with, screw 'em...that's how the game is (or was now smh).

And besides that joke, Hydreigon loses Draco Meteor? c'mon, guys. Jesus Christ. Stop ruining the game by changing Pokemon that naturally can learn sh-t.

For those who want to HEAR my thoughts on this BS, here's a crispy 1-min MP3 of me telling my friend about this update:

Click here (especially staff)

c1.png

c2.png

Hydreigon loses Draco Meteor? The reason is simple: In Gen 8, Nasty Plot has been added to Hydreigon's Movepool. In order, all moves that are added to movepool of existing pokemons of gen 5, and exists in MMO, being added. To prevent that combo Nasty Plot + Draco Meteor, combined with High Sp. Atk of Hydreigon,  complety broken the Metagaming(that is already rotten), is decided to remove the move. If nothing has been maded,probablly he will be banned to Ubers.

Edited by caioxlive13
On 11/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, NickLetts said:

So, some bullsh-t with 7 votes gets coded in, but not something actually useful that many more people voted on, even when the higher-voted thread was started way later too??? Even moreso, if people weren't prepared with a correct ball to capture or breed their Pokemon with, screw 'em...that's how the game is (or was now smh).

And besides that joke, Hydreigon loses Draco Meteor? c'mon, guys. Jesus Christ. Stop ruining the game by changing Pokemon that naturally can learn sh-t.

For those who want to HEAR my thoughts on this BS, here's a crispy 1-min MP3 of me telling my friend about this update:

c1.png

c2.png

@Kyu bruh, that's unfair , i want a like from pls

Relax, when staff starts to make more simple changes, is to concentrate in one Bigger Update. Example:

2019 Christmas didn't have a event
January 2020: Sinnoh oficially released in-game

Some little changelogs, one year ago: Normal.
Some time later: Randoms Implement.

Because staff work on Bigger Updates, they need to fix some bugs and only add Quick-fire mechanics, like Pokéball changes, to gain some time to devs working on one bigger Updates. The 2021 Christmas and 2021 Halloween, didn1't have too much changes, comparing to 2020 Edition of same Events. He changed things, but the basic of event it's the same. So, we can assume that, if 2022 Lunar New Year follow the same example, then it's almost certain that some big update are coming.

Is evident that staff are priorizing Quick-fire changes. Example: The suggestion for MM, i didn't receive a official answer until today. However , i alert to one bug in Future Sight in Discord(When i didn't have a forum account iirc), and they fixed in subsequent changelog.

Edited by caioxlive13
  • 1 year later...
17 hours ago, drewq said:

Here's a crispy 1-minute MP3 of my thoughts on this thread

You just don't get it, man (especially staff). I swear to God, I'm gonna have a seizure.

A crispy 1min6s .wav response: https://voca.ro/1kSr8lrLQpVc

This sh!tty editor just refuses to let me hyperlink my voice message on mobile (and even PC now). I'm over it.

Edited by NickLetts
On 11/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, NickLetts said:

AAAAAAAND welcome to my world.

I don't like being repetitive but here something must be done: they SAY they make changes following the latest og gens, however they obviously choose what to change arbitrarely and without considering the meta and the reasons why some changes may have been done by Gfreaks.

My example: Gengar does not have Levitate, Outrage still does 90 and not 120, no Fairy type to balance the Dragon and Steel types dominating since the dawn of this game in OU and below, no draco meteor on hydreigon... the list keeps growing day by day.

Join the ranks! Unite to the protest!

Give Levitate back to Gengar

12 hours ago, lallo17 said:

I don't like being repetitive but here something must be done: they SAY they make changes following the latest og gens, however they obviously choose what to change arbitrarely and without considering the meta and the reasons why some changes may have been done by Gfreaks.

My example: Gengar does not have Levitate, Outrage still does 90 and not 120, no Fairy type to balance the Dragon and Steel types dominating since the dawn of this game in OU and below, no draco meteor on hydreigon... the list keeps growing day by day.

Krusty Krab is unfair

14 hours ago, lallo17 said:

lol so basically Gengar doesn't have levitate because in later gens it lost it so it could be more balanced (and it showed in MMO from dominating OU to being just another ghost type there), outrage does 90 and not 120 PRECISELY because fairy isn't in the game so dragmag teams don't crush everything else, steel types don't "dominate" OU at all, maybe Scizor but that's it, the rest of them have similar usages, no draco meteor on hydreigon because there's no fairy so dragmag teams can't bombard you with it + specs, switch out, do it again 7 more times. So, basically, you're complaining about balancing stuff... that was done to balance the stuff you're complaining about (and it clearly worked). I'm suprised you didn't also whine about baton pass, now that we're at it.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:30 AM, caioxlive13 said:

Relax, when staff starts to make more simple changes, is to concentrate in one Bigger Update. Example:

2019 Christmas didn't have a event
January 2020: Sinnoh oficially released in-game

Some little changelogs, one year ago: Normal.
Some time later: Randoms Implement.

Because staff work on Bigger Updates, they need to fix some bugs and only add Quick-fire mechanics, like Pokéball changes, to gain some time to devs working on one bigger Updates. The 2021 Christmas and 2021 Halloween, didn1't have too much changes, comparing to 2020 Edition of same Events. He changed things, but the basic of event it's the same. So, we can assume that, if 2022 Lunar New Year follow the same example, then it's almost certain that some big update are coming.

Is evident that staff are priorizing Quick-fire changes. Example: The suggestion for MM, i didn't receive a official answer until today. However , i alert to one bug in Future Sight in Discord(When i didn't have a forum account iirc), and they fixed in subsequent changelog.

Predicted that something on 2022 would happen and I was right. We got a great update coming on the year: 10th Anniversary, Introducing Alphas and Hidden Abilitys.

Not only that, the Announcement Confirming Johto to Spring 2023

7 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Predicted that something on 2022 would happen and I was right. We got a great update coming on the year: 10th Anniversary, Introducing Alphas and Hidden Abilitys.

Not only that, the Announcement Confirming Johto to Spring 2023

There it is

Outta nowhere 

He does it again

10 hours ago, Doctor said:

So, basically, you're complaining about balancing stuff... that was done to balance the stuff you're complaining about

Gengar was only swapped with Garchomp in terms of usage and "dominating" the meta with even the same usage stats. So nothing is accomplished here.

And they even had to nerf chomp removing sword dance to achieve the same usage Gengar had...

Other than that if they brag so much of wanting to be in line with newer gens, fairy type has to be introduced in order to balance it all and allow a more "latest gen" meta to come to life, otherwise they are just choosing who gets nerfed and who doesn't while keep using the same "stick to latest games" excuse.

My point is only that if they nerfed Gengar "because latest gens", and not for balancing because has been clearly stated many times that Gengar "will regain Levitate only when will gain it back in main series" (doesn't sound like a "we nerfed because balance" thing to me) they should implement it all or wait to nerf things instead of what they did and still do.

Cloud nine was nerfed without any excuse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.