Farming for Heart Scales Statistics

Hello all! I have been a long time, on and off player but I decided to post these statistics that I got from farming Luvdisc in Ever Grande City of Hoenn for Heart Scales. In this post, I will be telling you HOW, WHERE and the DATA of farming for Heart Scales.

1. HOW

First, You will need to get a Super Rod from this house located in Mossdeep City in the Hoenn Region.

image.thumb.png.80b95ab58e36dc7f4d2fc7db406c0274.png

Second, you will want to find a Pokemon with the Ability: Frisk. This ability allows the Pokemon to check a foe's held item. For myself, I just went to the Sky Pillar and caught the Banette below. I then taught the Banette the TM: Thief. The TM: Thief allows the Pokemon to steal whatever item the wild Pokemon has.

You will want to have the Pokemon with the Ability: Frisk as well as teaching that Pokemon the TM: Thief (if applicable) so that it will be able to 1) detect if the Pokemon has an item and 2) steal that item.

Third, After encountering the Luvdisc with a Heart Scale detected by Ability: Frisk, you will then use TM: Thief to steal the Heart Scale and then Run Away from the Battle. Take the Heart Scale from your Pokemon and then repeat the process in farming!

image.png.3cd572d926cb9df8487f0060f449a07d.png

2. WHERE

Next, you will need to travel to Ever Grande CityNote: This is before you enter Victory Road. Upon arrival, you will see this layout below. I have placed where the water meets the land near the Pokecenter in the City. 

image.png.df149bc36e59ef6068c8feb97a48312c.png

3. Data

Now, I have scoured the internet for data on the percentage of Heart Scales that you would encounter and most of them said 50%. After testing it by using my Super Rod at the above locations, I decided to make a Google Sheets of the data. I like seeing the numbers in play, so below, I will show you the numbers I got from my personal attempts. 

image.png.926ba3022baf6c6bf24788fd0a8c3b25.png

image.png.4bb8383d274cc4a0087551496b99c263.png

image.png.5f52a1b60c0f626a4eb7d24d5afce40d.png

image.png.addaf5320a69610f34cbc4784e9bd550.png

Note: For the Spot #, refer to the image under "2. WHERE"

4. Conclusion

The Takeaways

So in 199 attempts, I got a total of 23 Heart Scales. This gives me a percentage of 11.56% chance of getting a Heart Scale in relation to ALL ENCOUNTERS.

In the 199 attempts, I totaled 138 Luvdisc. Taking the 23 Heart Scales and dividing this total by the total number of Luvdisc encountered, I got a 16.67% chance of getting a Heart Scale from a Luvdisc encounter.

Looking back at the data, I know it might be cringe at the number of attempts so I will address these appropriately.

Q: Why only 199 attempts and not 200 attempts?

A: Honestly, after 199 attempts of farming for Heart Scales you get pretty delirious and tired. I did not notice the number, otherwise I would have did one more for the crisp 200.

Q: Why does Spot 5 have only 29 attempts and not 50+ like the other Spots?

A: So, it was a mishap when I went to the Pokecenter to heal my Pokemon. I accidentally switched from Spot 5 to Spot 4, so I just continued my data starting anew from Spot 4.

Q: Why does Spot 1 have 61 attempts and the others have 50/51?

A: As you can see, I had the highest percentage from Spot 1, so when I saw that I was getting significantly more from this spot, I obviously had to indulge in the numbers and farm as much as I could until I was satisfied.

For those of you who would like to see the complete Data that I logged myself, you can click here to access the link.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!

Edit 1: To include info on what to do after battling Luvdisc.

Edited by Cotanger
To include info on what to do after battling Luvdisc.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...