PSL XIII - Week Seven

Even though Darker got lucky, Senju could have still won that game if he made a different play at a certain point.  The flinching of P2 due to Kings Rock Cloyster was definitely terrible, and of course there are a bunch of morons who decided to make hax items legal and there will be a few who decide to abuse it, but I digress.

When Cloyster was at +2 attack and speed, and was facing a Weavile (at 10% health), Darker switched out his Cloyster to Skarmory.  This meant that his Cloyster didn't have Ice Shard.  Now you can say that he was bluffing about hiding Ice Shard, but it doesn't make sense to make a bluff when you are way ahead and lost nothing by revealing it.  Later on in the game, when it was neutral boosted Cloyster (at less than 10% health) vs Garchomp, instead of staying in with Garchomp and killing the Cloyster with EQ, he switched out his Garchomp to P2, which ultimately resulted in P2 dying to Cloyster.

I'm not saying that the hax didn't matter at all, but there was a way to avoid it and part of Pokemon is learning why you lost or finding a way to win despite the shitty luck you face.  That's why I'm the best of all time.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

12 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Even though Darker got lucky, Senju could have still won that game if he made a different play at a certain point.  The flinching of P2 due to Kings Rock Cloyster was definitely terrible, and of course there are a bunch of morons who decided to make hax items legal and there will be a few who decide to abuse it, but I digress.

When Cloyster was at +2 attack and speed, and was facing a Weavile (at 10% health), Darker switched out his Cloyster to Skarmory.  This meant that his Cloyster didn't have Ice Shard.  Now you can say that he was bluffing about hiding Ice Shard, but it doesn't make sense to make a bluff when you are way ahead and lost nothing by revealing it.  Later on in the game, when it was neutral boosted Cloyster (at less than 10% health) vs Garchomp, instead of staying in with Garchomp and killing the Cloyster with EQ, he switched out his Garchomp to P2, which ultimately resulted in P2 dying to Cloyster.

I'm not saying that the hax didn't matter at all, but there was a way to avoid it and part of Pokemon is learning why you lost or finding a way to win despite the shitty luck you face.  That's why I'm the best of all time.

image0.png

39 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

@Rache haxx item are legit, right why not unban 1hko moves? also with the game script randoms for sure will hit all the times

Edited by DarylDixon
5 hours ago, NikhilR said:

I didnt watch the match but this was definetelly a choke.

Besides that, I do not believe kingsrock to be banworthy. you're trading ease of setup (from sash/white herb) or damage (from a boosting item) for a change to flinch your way through some hard walls. getting a flinch that wins you the game is not hax, its the reason you chose to run one item over another. It worsens your matchups against offense but gives you a better chance against stall / heavy balance.

the one time where I would call the kingsrock flinches bs hax is if it triggered on iceshard, now that one is tilting af.

Edited by iJulian

Senju didn't even complain about the haxx tho ... Or did I miss anything ?

It's fair game, crit on JJ carried, flinch on Senju mattered but ultimately the Rotoms were way better this week there's nothing to complain about we just take the L

Also Nik is right, there were ways around hax in most of the games, or at least ways to win despite hax. Same goes for me and Mkns btw

1 hour ago, TohnR said:

Senju didn't even complain about the haxx tho ... Or did I miss anything ?

It's fair game, crit on JJ carried, flinch on Senju mattered but ultimately the Rotoms were way better this week there's nothing to complain about we just take the L

Also Nik is right, there were ways around hax in most of the games, or at least ways to win despite hax. Same goes for me and Mkns btw

No, Senju just was a little "angry" for that item, but he dont said nothing about RNG. He just said "gg" and talk a bit about the item, but nothing bad or wrong. 

Edited by NagaX
8 hours ago, NikhilR said:

This meant that his Cloyster didn't have Ice Shard.  Now you can say that he was bluffing about hiding Ice Shard, but it doesn't make sense to make a bluff when you are way ahead and lost nothing by revealing it.  Later on in the game, when it was neutral boosted Cloyster (at less than 10% health) vs Garchomp, instead of staying in with Garchomp and killing the Cloyster with EQ, he switched out his Garchomp to P2, which ultimately resulted in P2 dying to Cloyster.

Yea he wasn't carrying shard. He's linked it in the past with hp ground and I'm aware you can change sets from week to week, but the play ^^ kinda verifies that.

#pokemmoscoutingleague

Overall though I just don't like hax items. With a king's rock, you're trading it being slightly harder to set up (but you still can with the right matchup/memento/screens support) with winning matchups you had 0 chance winning prior, whether it be a slower revenge killer, a phazer, or a hazer that you flinch to death with icicle spear or a faster scarf mon or a priority move that isn't espeed where you could just tap ice shard over and over and win that way. Difference between this and critting is that it adds an effect that wasn't there before and can turn a 0% win even with a crit into a possibility by flinch spamming. 

tldr king's rock didn't 100% affect the outcome, but might be something to maybe look into banning again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.