New update

FOR DEVS

I just wanna voice out, its just that i really cant just keep quiet as a player who spent weeks tryna study how E4 works, the teams, the movesets, items, strats on how to beat E4. Seeing how shedinja was nerfed, it kinda pissed me off tbh lol. Ofc, its not just because my guide and other players' guide are pretty much broken. Its just that shedinja was already nerfed with the Baton Pass before, and its not like the shedinja (postnerf) was a 100% success rate on E4 at all. I understand you did it to prevent players from "abusing" e4 to make money. Guess what? Most players prefer to Gym Rerun instead of E4 rerun. The reason? Its the difficulty of E4. Despite the teams made, there isnt any foolproof plan. There wasnt really any need to "balance" anything AT ALL. Nerfing shedinja's ability was basically the devs/SGMs saying "Either you pay more or we'll nerf it". "Oh, this guy's having it easy. Let's nerf it!"  Seriously? Its basically making fun of the players who worked hard  lol. I know, you can beat e4 without shedinja at all. But instead of making the game more convenient for players, you're just basically playing players a run for their effort. If this is just the result hardwork and dedication, whats the purpose of playing in the first place?

This isnt the first time. I know in the past, a lot of players complained bc of Nerfs. And the purpose of those changes was to make players GRIND MORE. Play more. Buy more RP and stuff. Seriously. Don't you at least care for players? Or do you care more about Profit and the game MORE than the players? 

Devs arent helping at all. 

You can say whatever you want, this is just me ranting about the new update. Just a player who pretty much spent a lot of time only to see it wasted and ruined in one single update. No wonder a lot of the older players quit.

Well, i love PokeMMo. But this update just fked me up. PEACE!

Edited by MoohSenseii

It's not fair to accuse them of caring more about money or that they don't care about the game at all. In fact I'm pretty sure they care about the game a lot else why would it still be up? Yeah, nerfing Shedinja sucks and it might seem like they're doing it to spite players but I'm sure they're doing it because they want to keep the integrity of the game intact.

I'm not sure who or where it was said but they did mention that they didn't want players to only use one team to breeze through the E4. And let's be honest here, using a Shedinja team was just better than the rest. It would make players feel like they need to make a Shedinja team or else they would be inefficient, I'm sure they want team variety when doing the E4.

And you're not the first or last to feel like their work on making an E4 team was a waste. I've spent months trying to record all the teams the E4 use and realized that it was all useless when they changed the teams in an update. You either stop and quit or move on and start over, it's what I did.

2 hours ago, Archiver said:

I'm not sure who or where it was said but they did mention that they didn't want players to only use one team to breeze through the E4. And let's be honest here, using a Shedinja team was just better than the rest. It would make players feel like they need to make a Shedinja team or else they would be inefficient, I'm sure they want team variety when doing the E4.

This is the main reason for the change.

It's okay for something to be good, but it's not okay for something to be so good that you put yourself at a huge disadvantage when you don't use it. We'd like players to be able to use a variety of teams without feeling like they're wasting their time/money. The monetary reward from a Shedinja run was also inappropriate for the low amount of skill/time/items it required compared to a more standard team. Winning without cheesing it is hard, but it's supposed to be hard.

As for addressing the problem, because Shedinja's strength came from a unique gimmick, it can't be handled in the same way as other big threats. Invulnerability is also something that predictable AI will always struggle with even after it learns how to use all of its moves. At first, we trialed just introducing more Rocky Helmets, super-effective moves, and status moves to the teams. These changes lowered the quality of the builds, they had no business being there outside of potentially stopping a Shedinja sweep, and it still wasn't enough to be effective so we needed to take it further.

When faced with the options of adding a bulky rock/steel/ghost type with a Rocky Helmet to every single team (which would just get trapped or have its item tricked away) or nerfing the ability causing the issue, it was clear which was the more reasonable option. When you have to balance the game around a single species to such a degree, there's clearly a problem, and it's likely not with the builds.

I have been rematching E4 before baton pass was nerfed

The baton pass nerf affected my team, I had to start all over and redesign my team

rocky helmet didnt affect me, not once did i use shedninja

reason y i keep rematching is cuz i enjoy the challenge and the different line ups, and also trains us how to react under different situations.

To succeed in rematching the E4, there is no 1 strat now, we have to come up with strats so that not everyone can put together a gimmick team and succeed.

Untitled.png.682453af97ee87e2b30d5868c516164e.png