About the spectator system

SuperGeralt

Question

Dear management,I m a player who was played pokemmo for two years.This Halloween event bothers me a lot.Makes me feel bad.Due this spectator system,bothers me and my team.Our team spent lots of money to find out how to defeat the pumpkin king easily.But due this spectator system,strangers can directly STEAL our research results.Whats more,some network anchor

even watch us live.Led to our building being quickly leakded out.This behavior  greatly dampens our enthusiam and we feel that our privacy has been violated.This is the case this year,as is the event last year.My team and I have been troubled by this for two years.Therefore,we strongly recommend adding a setting to the spectator system.For example: only friends in the game can watch the game or plays have the right to refuse or allow others to watch the game.

Cheers

IGN:ZireaelCiri

引用

VHisc

• 版主
  • staff.png.5516c2c02b1068fef62760f207ade7

Maybe u don't know what happpened,  let me tell u. Because im a Chinese, i konw sth about that. XD

In both 2019 and 2020, there were always some people doing noting, but just stand beside the pumpking king, using the spectator system to OB how others fight against the pumpking king. When they saw someone was able to beat the king, they will immediately copy his method. Maybe up tp now, it just OK. But after that they will video this method and upload it to Bilibili (a web like Youtube)  in order to attract fans and get income.

What make we became more anrgy was when we told them: Please indicate the author in ur vidio. They will insist that, the team it is his original. When we give evidence to prove that he plagiarized, he even incited his fans to abuse the originator online.  :(

This kind of things had happend twice in China. Actually i dont want it happen again, so im very agree to this suggest.  XD

Edited by SuperGeralt

20 minutes ago, Darker said:

i don‘t  want to copy , OK?  you  want copy  not  everyone

The events were made to enjoy, Coping a team is not A CRIME and It can't be called as privacy abusing.

Spectators watch battles to learn new things, to do it better and better in future. 

16 minutes ago, Darker said:

If we have the power to refuse watching  dray’s rain team  will not be stole

F

4 minutes ago, Darker said:

pvp requires technology and lots of practice but pve does not, and some use copy these to earn fame and profit now

What is the problem with it?

4 minutes ago, Darker said:

pvp requires technology and lots of practice but pve does not, and some use copy these to earn fame and profit now

Edited by FighterChamp
4分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

The events were made to enjoy, Coping a team is not A CRIME and It can't be called as privacy abusing.

Spectators watch battles to learn new things, to do it better and better in future. 

F

Spectators watch battles to learn new things, to do it better and better in future.  This is what everyone hopes for, but now things have deviated, if not stopped, it will only get worse

1 minute ago, Darker said:

problem is  RMT ,

RMT gives ez ban.

1 minute ago, Darker said:

copy team and  sell it to earn  money

Ok they see the team and made the new pokemons themselves with their OWN MONEY. Still i see no problem. But If things run this same , after some time you guys will demand to ban non friends ditto farmer, why? Coz They are farming ditto with your strategy and are making money. Nobody own the strategy of beating pumpkin is free for all like air.

14分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

RMT gives ez ban.

Ok they see the team and made the new pokemons themselves with their OWN MONEY. Still i see no problem. But If things run this same , after some time you guys will demand to ban non friends ditto farmer, why? Coz They are farming ditto with your strategy and are making money. Nobody own the strategy of beating pumpkin is free for all like air.

some of  them  don‘t  just  beating pimpkin  ,ok?   how to  ban them  you  say this ez   but  it difficult 

copy team  and  sell orthers to  earn   USD,understand?

them even not need to made  pokemons

just tell you the  skills can  and send the video can enrn usd !

Maybe u don't know what happpened,  let me tell u. Because im a Chinese, i konw sth about that. XD

In both 2019 and 2020, there were always some people doing noting, but just stand beside the pumpking king, using the spectator system to OB how others fight against the pumpking king. When they saw someone was able to beat the king, they will immediately copy his method. Maybe up tp now, it just OK. But after that they will video this method and upload it to Bilibili (a web like Youtube)  in order to attract fans and get income.

What make we became more anrgy was when we told them: Please indicate the author in ur vidio. They will insist that, the team it is his original. When we give evidence to prove that he plagiarized, he even incited his fans to abuse the originator online.  :(

This kind of things had happend twice in China. Actually i dont want it happen again, so im very agree to this suggest.  XD

Edited by Darker
4分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

I read that painful story. -_- 

Only one question: why you guys haven't posted it first in bilibili to make money? If you got experience on 2019, then just post the pumpkin battle video on bilibili first. 

because i  don’t   want  to  make  money,scolded by thousands

16 minutes ago, Darker said:

some of  them  don‘t  just  beating pimpkin  ,ok?   how to  ban them  you  say this ez   but  it difficult 

Making videos about PokeMMO and earning revenue through those videos is not RMT. RMT is a player-to-player trade which involves trading game assets for real money.

1 hour ago, Darker said:

If we have the power to refuse watching  dray’s rain team  will not be stole

.....no because there's no way in hell matchmaking and tournaments would disallow spectators. But where was the outrage when every Chinese player ran that team? Was dray even mad about it? No, he didn't care because he's been around long enough to know that this is a game, a massive multiplayer online (that's what MMO stands for, fun fact) game. If you want privacy you can go play Pokemon on an emulator and hack something like pumpking into it. In an MMO, information and experiences are always going to be shared. If people watch me and learn, I'm happy I get to help someone overcome the nightmare that is pumpking. If they claim my team was theirs, that's kinda sad but whatever, they're that kind of person and no one likes that kind of person. Not my problem.

Tell me one of your strategies that was "stolen" and I can promise you I can show you a post/video/guide from before you ever played this game that uses a similar team or strategy. What happens if I accuse you of stealing the idea then? Anyway, that's irrelevant. 

More importantly, an MMO (massive multiplayer online in case you forgot) involves people interacting with each other and learning from each other. If someone copied you, you should be proud of yourself! Your research helped others! I don't get how you don't see all the arguments made about how selfish it is that your entire post is profit motivated and money and credit are the only arguments you've been using. I haven't seen a single solid argument from people supporting this, just anger, name-calling and one story for context (which isn't an argument). Remember, it's a game, you're supposed to be having fun and helping each other out. Relax c: 

Addressing the other complaint about "I spent 15m making pokemon whole the other person only spent 3m D:"

Dude, pokemon aren't untradable. And you can sell literally anything you breed for profit unless you're bad at breeding, and if you're bad at breeding, git gud. So that's not a legit argument either. 

(Also, think about it: if pokemon were real and battles actually happened, and if you were battling a giant thing like pumpking out in the open, how would you stop others from watching? Can't think of a single way that doesn't sound absolutely ridiculous or break immersion? Thought so)

Edited by TheFrenchiestFry
10 hours ago, ChrisGgg said:

OMG are u some kind of SJW???? Thats funny tho.Is there any problem with the team we created for my friends?Isn't it normal for people I don't know that I don't want them to use my team?

Also, I just wanted to say this made me burst out laughing in the middle of the night and wake everyone up, and I'm so happy it wasn't deleted :') Hecking classic. Thank u for this. :')

1 hour ago, Darker said:

damn, i thought roy roger news covering headlines, tournaments and update reportage was for the community
didn't know he was siphoning money from views unsubbed

2 hours ago, Darker said:

Considering you have no actual knowledge of how staff investigates RMT it's better that you not speak on difficulty.

This isn't a valid argument to have spectating removed from the Halloween event either. Players try to RMT regardless of whether or not there is a seasonal event going on. Those players get banned when they are caught. Once they are banned, nothing comes from the assets that they gained because they are locked away. You are seriously grasping at straws here.

9小时前,TheFrenchiestFry 说:

Tell me one of your strategies that was "stolen" and I can promise you I can show you a post/video/guide from before you ever played this game that uses a similar team or strategy.

As we all know, the official added cookies to pumping in 2019. But at the beginning, these cookies were ineffective. Our team found this bug and reported it. Can you give me a link to a post proving that someone discovered and submitted this bug earlier than us?

9小时前,TheFrenchiestFry 说:

Remember, it's a game, you're supposed to be having fun and helping each other out. Relax c: 

I also want to have fun and relax, but if someone watch and copy your team, then he didn't thank you, but mocked you and said that you spent so much time researching the team, I can get it for free and easily, you are a fool. You know, there are low-quality people all over the world. If you are proud of these words, I have nothing to say. Most of the players who play this game are Pokémon fans, and some people can earn Real Money because of MMO. This is not only limited to Chinese players, players in many other countries have also been blocked because of RMT. Someone watch other's team bulding of pumpking and sell them for real money. whether this behavior is RMT, and how will the staff find him.

5 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

Most of the players who play this game are Pokémon fans, and some people can earn Real Money because of MMO. This is not only limited to Chinese players, players in many other countries have also been blocked because of RMT. Someone watch other's team bulding of pumpking and sell them for real money. whether this behavior is RMT, and how will the staff find him.

It can't be called RMT

Read it. 

10 hours ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

Making videos about PokeMMO and earning revenue through those videos is not RMT. RMT is a player-to-player trade which involves trading game assets for real money.

7 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

also want to have fun and relax, but if someone watch and copy your team, then he didn't thank you, but mocked you and said that you spent so much time researching the team, I can get it for free and easily, you are a fool. You know, there are low-quality people all over the world. If you are proud of these words, I have nothing to say

Read the post properly he also said this 

10 hours ago, TheFrenchiestFry said:

If they claim my team was theirs, that's kinda sad but whatever, they're that kind of person and no one likes that kind of person. Not my problem.

12 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

As we all know, the official added cookies to pumping in 2019. But at the beginning, these cookies were ineffective. Our team found this bug and reported it. Can you give me a link to a post proving that someone discovered and submitted this bug earlier than us?

We are not here to Debate on community we are in a game we are one community lol.

This suggestion's only goal is to make money between some limited people no matter what community they do belong.

Edited by FighterChamp

Yes... literally EVERYONE who used cookies realized it didn't work. I can name 3 friends (4 including myself) who reported it on day 1. Cookies are crucial on hard mode and fun fact, I wrote the guide on defeating pumpking. You don't see me getting butthurt about people using my or my friend's strategies cause guess what? We work together on shit and like helping the community. What does this have to do with the post anyway? Like, what? Is this supposed to be an argument? Why are you even saying something like "us vs you"? This is a game we all play, it's one community. 

but if someone watch and copy your team, then he didn't thank you, but mocked you and said that you spent so much time researching the team, I can get it for free and easily, you are a fool.

Sigh, I wish you'd read:

10 hours ago, TheFrenchiestFry said:

If they claim my team was theirs, that's kinda sad but whatever, they're that kind of person and no one likes that kind of person.

Not my problem to cry about inconsequential shit like that. It doesn't affect me at the end of the day, I'm still having fun playing pokemon and making my own strategies against pumpking and winning. I'm also having fun helping others beat it. What shitty people do isn't worth my time or energy. If you don't want your shit shared, go play an emulator, there's no other players there :)

Most of the players who play this game are Pokémon fans, and some people can earn Real Money because of MMO. This is not only limited to Chinese players, players in many other countries have also been blocked because of RMT.

Ok once again, for the twentieth time in this thread: RMT IS DEALT WITH BY STAFF AND PUNISHED. IT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. (I hope caps makes it easier to read) If you're not RMT-ing, you have nothing to worry about. If you are, all this complaining is kinda sus. 

Someone watch other's team bulding of pumpking and sell them for real money. whether this behavior is RMT, and how will the staff find him.

Wanna know what makes this harder? The fact that everyone can watch your matches and copy your strategy anyway, and give it out for free. And if you're dumb enough to pay for strategies that are widely available on YouTube or forums for FREE, then you're your own problem, the spectating system being limited would enable this behavior more. So your argument here actually advocates against the suggestion. Because enabling private battles against NPCs would only allow this type of behavior to go on unchecked. 

P.S. earning money from video/streaming sites for content creation is not RMT. However, selling strategies is. And allowing anyone and everyone to spectate battles actually works against people's ability to hide their teams and give their information out on a pay-to-know basis, which this suggestion would work to enable. Why is this an issue? I still don't see why this suggestion is so strongly argued for without a single solid argument for it. 

8分钟前,TheFrenchiestFry 说:

Sigh, I wish you'd read:

I am sorry about I didn't read it. That is a good view!

23分钟前,TheFrenchiestFry 说:

If you don't want your shit shared, go play an emulator, there's no other players there :)

In fact, I am very willing to share my thoughts with my friends. And we also share many configuration of pokemon in the PVP section on the Chinese forum. I just don't want those shit people to get my team through the ez way of watching the game. 

35分钟前,TheFrenchiestFry 说:

Not my problem to cry about inconsequential shit like that. It doesn't affect me at the end of the day, I'm still having fun playing pokemon and making my own strategies against pumpking and winning. I'm also having fun helping others beat it.

But for me, they will affect my good mood for the day. And we don't have any way to fight back this behavior. Because if you say that he is a copyist, he will not care and even be proud of it. If you choose to scold back, he can report you and you will be banned or even not allowed to play games for a period of time. So we can only avoid this ridicule(locked him). That is too bad.

10 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

In fact, I am very willing to share my thoughts with my friends. And we also share many configuration of pokemon in the PVP section on the Chinese forum. I just don't want those shit people to get my team through the ez way of watching the game. 

I don't see the difference. Unless what you care about is credit and "fame". Which you shouldn't be taking anyway cause I can promise you there are 0 strategies to defeat pumpking that are original (unless you're using a choice specs sunflora, oh wait, I already did that). If people spectate you and learn, be happy that you're officially a player that's good enough for people to learn from. Be happy that you're leading the way to help people. It's a good feeling and you can only feel good if you stop worrying so much about inconsequential things like credit or fame or pokeyen :) I promise it's worth it. Let it all go.

But for me, they will affect my good mood for the day. And we don't have any way to fight back this behavior.

That's a you problem.

Because if you say that he is a copyist, he will not care and even be proud of it.

That's his problem. Just trust that karma will bite him in the butt or just that he won't get anywhere in life constantly doing stuff like that. Not your problem.

13 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

If you choose to scold back, he can report you and you will be banned or even not allowed to play games for a period of time.

Also a you problem. Let it go, dude. Life's so much happier and more fun when you care about the good things. More people will respect you and like you if you do too, in case fame is still all you care about. Remember: everything you do in pokemon is stale and something that's been done thousands of times before. Let it go, be a good person, and people will defend you and give you credit without you being there. This whole post is people getting mad about inconsequential things in a pokemon game that don't even matter in the grand scheme of the game let alone anything else. I hope you realize that one day and figure out how to be happy, Cause trust me, with this attitude, monopolizing pumpking strats won't make you happy either.

This whole thing reminds me of kindergarten.

Me and my friends were playing with toy cars and this one kid kept staring at us and copying us. We told the teacher he was annoying us and she told him to play in a different area of the classroom. Looking back at it now that I'm older it was such a dumb thing to do. The kid kid literally just saw me and my friends having fun and wanted to join in and we basically told him to stop. I mean, I was a kid so I didn't know any better.

This is pretty much the same thing. But what's sad is that these people telling others to not join in on the fun aren't kids, at least I assumed so. We're all playing a pixel game about animals beating up other animals and it's like 30 years old, I assumed everyone playing here are at least in their early twenties or late teens. But I guess I was wrong, there are some people that are just petty kids trying to tell others not to have fun. Just sad.

37分钟前,Archiver 说:

Me and my friends were playing with toy cars and this one kid kept staring at us and copying us. We told the teacher he was annoying us and she told him to play in a different area of the classroom. Looking back at it now that I'm older it was such a dumb thing to do. The kid kid literally just saw me and my friends having fun and wanted to join in and we basically told him to stop. I mean, I was a kid so I didn't know any better.

This is pretty much the same thing. But what's sad is that these people telling others to not join in on the fun aren't kids, at least I assumed so. We're all playing a pixel game about animals beating up other animals and it's like 30 years old, I assumed everyone playing here are at least in their early twenties or late teens. But I guess I was wrong, there are some people that are just petty kids trying to tell others not to have fun. Just sad.

Yeah, I am happy to play with my friends except for someone who mocks you

19 minutes ago, lucifersaber said:

Yeah, I am happy to play with my friends except for someone who mocks you

If you let someone on the internet's bad attitude get to you, then you need to work on yourself. Remember they're a stranger behind a screen playing a POKEMON GAME. And that they're probably sad/angry because nothing good happens in their lives so they just angrily take it out on their computer to feel good about themselves. Either laugh of those people or realize it doesn't actually affect you if you don't let it, and move on. Your attitude is what dictates things, friend, not other people. 

1 hour ago, Archiver said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^