About the spectator system

SuperGeralt

Question

Dear management,I m a player who was played pokemmo for two years.This Halloween event bothers me a lot.Makes me feel bad.Due this spectator system,bothers me and my team.Our team spent lots of money to find out how to defeat the pumpkin king easily.But due this spectator system,strangers can directly STEAL our research results.Whats more,some network anchor

even watch us live.Led to our building being quickly leakded out.This behavior  greatly dampens our enthusiam and we feel that our privacy has been violated.This is the case this year,as is the event last year.My team and I have been troubled by this for two years.Therefore,we strongly recommend adding a setting to the spectator system.For example: only friends in the game can watch the game or plays have the right to refuse or allow others to watch the game.

Cheers

IGN:ZireaelCiri

引用

VHisc

• 版主
  • staff.png.5516c2c02b1068fef62760f207ade7

Maybe u don't know what happpened,  let me tell u. Because im a Chinese, i konw sth about that. XD

In both 2019 and 2020, there were always some people doing noting, but just stand beside the pumpking king, using the spectator system to OB how others fight against the pumpking king. When they saw someone was able to beat the king, they will immediately copy his method. Maybe up tp now, it just OK. But after that they will video this method and upload it to Bilibili (a web like Youtube)  in order to attract fans and get income.

What make we became more anrgy was when we told them: Please indicate the author in ur vidio. They will insist that, the team it is his original. When we give evidence to prove that he plagiarized, he even incited his fans to abuse the originator online.  :(

This kind of things had happend twice in China. Actually i dont want it happen again, so im very agree to this suggest.  XD

Edited by SuperGeralt

7分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

^ Read that

You cannot 100% without a doubt prove anybody "stole" your research. Pumpking has existed for several years. The typing has not changed since it was first introduced. This means that way back in the day someone could have already found an effective strategy and adapted it to the changes over time.

i  can prove it  because there are more and more people stealing team these year, and some people even chat with you  to taunt you, I encountered such a thing, and there are screenshots of the chat

1分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

Have You Guys NEVER Watched any Vetren player To learn new things when you were new....

Yes, but I think veterans can also have the right to refuse my watching. I do not recommend turning it off, I just want to set a setting that allows you to choose whether to be watched.

3 hours ago, Darker said:

Some people watch and talk about you in private,say“I stole your team,xdxdxdxdxd”,It's too hateful,and you can't report him,he stole your team then post it on the website,If it weren't, we wouldn't feel the invasion of privacy。

Just block them ez

6分钟前,Atomic 说:

Just block them ez

But there is a online streamer watch my friend during his live stream. My friend rejected him, but he asked his fans to find my friends and watch.

I think my friend cannot give up lots of battle with pumpking because he spend money to buy special candy.

Edited by lucifersaber

This isn't really about privacy, this suggestion is just an attempt to gain an advantage over those who struggles to fight the Pumpking to get more money off the event. You don't want your team to be "leaked" because you fear you won't be making as much money as you should. You believe it is unfair but what really is unfair here is trying to privatize spectating mode so that only a small group of players can benefit from it.

Edited by LeZenor
2小时前,LeZenor 说:

This isn't really about privacy, this suggestion is just an attempt to gain an advantage over those who struggles to fight the Pumpking to get more money off the event. You don't want your team to be "leaked" because you fear you won't be making as much money as you should. You believe it is unfair but what really is unfair here is trying to privatize spectating mode so that only a small group of players can benefit from it.

Why can't this be called privacy? Our research is easily available to others and even been posted online as a means of making money. Do you think it's right?
You say we're only suggesting this because we want to make more money. Yes, you can think so. So let me ask you, isn't it true that you're not doing Halloween to make money, but Halloween is fun and attractive to you? Is it wrong that we spend more to get more?

The Halloween event has been around longer than most of the players here who are claiming that they did their own "research" to come up with a 100% "original" team. Isn't it weird how they claim to have created their own 100% original team in 2019 and 2020, when the pumpking has been in pokmmo since 2018 and even 2016 and earlier? I can guarantee that the "original team" you are trying so hard to protect was at least 50% copied from some other player who farmed the event 1 year earlier.

Even if we add this feature, everyone will come to the same exact conclusion regarding the best team to farm the event with - there are only so many possible configurations to win. Even if this suggestion is added, you will still see nearly every player using the same exact strategy, because there are only certain weaknesses, which people will all see & then learn to exploit. Not everyone is so greedy that they need to be paranoid about who is watching them.

As @Riesz already pointed out, why is this only a problem since the CN community joined, and not for all the prior years? The entire rest of the world uses youtube but this wasn't a problem for 5+ years (perhaps because everyone realizes information will be spread regardless)? Why do we suddenly need a feature just to protect a specific website (BilliBilli) from spreading information?

6 hours ago, Riesz said:

if you mean Bilibili, I think this is out of our devs' controls since this is done by players.

I doubt we can control the screen recorder :/

I pointed it out is due to people would copy and paste, learn and then rent out which may cause this rage from original (?) player.

I myself playing MMO since 2015 and Pumpking has been around for years, this has not been problem to other communities, why only CN would do this?

this is what we should think the reason some people wants this feature

Word of mouth spreads even faster than you may think. Someone can share their entire team to 1 "friend" who can share to another "friend" and then another, and so on, and so on. Each "friend" may be trusted entirely, but the information reaches more and more players exponentially as it spreads from player to player. The entire pokemmo player-base is connected in this way. Asking someone not to share information is rarely effective. Therefore, even if this suggestion IS added, it wouldn't work. What's the point of creating more work for the developers?

Secret team builds won't be effectively kept secret, when the developer's goals are to bring together the community in times of festivities and events such as Halloween and Christmas.

We should really all just be happy we get to participate and come together as a community, instead of worrying about what other players are making money and who is not. It seems too greedy to bicker over.

Spoiler

Note: I do not play PvP or even use my own Pokemon for events such as Halloween. I have absolutely nothing to benefit from this comment other than to point out how silly it sounds.

15 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

btw can we take a moment how many chinese players spammed screens uu and they dind make it

Yeah... don't remember seeing CN complain when they stole dray's rain team or the UU screens team and spammed both 24/7. 

This isn't really about privacy, it's a game lol... people just always want an advantage over others

Lastly, the Torkoal strat has been around for years, so stop pretending that you invented it. 

Edited by LifeStyleNORE
8 hours ago, mentalsoft said:

I support this suggestion. I think that the players who oppose this suggestion are rubbish, they will only rely on the spectator function to copy other people’s gameplay. If you don’t know how to play, you can research on your own. If you don’t want to do your own research, don’t play. The gameplay developed by time and money is not worthy of being acquired by players who have not paid any labor.

Like taking time to watch other players isnt research lul.

If we achieve this privacy for pve, it is illogical when for pvp in tournaments everything can be visualized.
what do we do? privacy also in pvp? none of this makes sense, the community was always like that, there was never privacy for pvp or for official tournaments, you want privacy for something pve that helps the whole community, instead of getting angry because they can copy your pvp team.
When they started using the team UU screen, many Chinese players also copied the team, right? this is KARMA

A couple points to yield here. There is a legitimate argument that can be made for toggling spectating for your battles, but there are still issues with the idea.

1) The option can only work in PvE battles. There isn't a good way to reconcile the differences in PvP as some players prefer spectators while others don't. This is why PvP challenge dialog allows the option of making the match private when you send the request. The other player has to agree to this kind of match. Official tournaments are not likely to ever disallow spectators in any means so you are really asking for a means of blocking spectators in PvE.

2) Complaining about others "stealing" your team is quite honestly an illegitimate argument. As I've pointed out. The Pumpking existed well before there was an established Chinese community. Not once in the past 5 years has anyone every complained about their team and strategy being "stolen". This is honestly because the majority players don't care. The outcome of a PvE event that everyone has access to doesn't affect them in the least. Someone replicating your team has absolutely no effect on you in any manner. It is just as likely that someone used a strategy that had high success years ago that they adapted to the current changes. It is also just as likely that the means of reliably beating Pumpking without inducing sleep were already known prior to anyone in the Chinese community "discovered" them. It's the nature of the beast. Think of any team build. If you think it's original then it's probably already been thought of and used in the past. PokeMMO has been around for 8 years now. The odds of you coming up with a wholly original team are slim at best and non-existent at worst. This is the nature of the beast for any kind of strategy game. Pokemon as a franchise has existed for almost 30 years. Games that have been around that long are likely to have almost every viable strategy known in some manner. You are not going to have a wholly original strategy unless you make a brand new strategy game. 

If spectatorship is hidden for future pumpking battles then I will personally share a step by step guide of the team needed to beat the pumpking and the battle turns. I will contact every friend I know and get it translated so the world can see and profit off of it.

Imma do this just out of spite. Events like these are made for the entire community to enjoy and make loads of money at the same time. Instead of being greedy, just enjoy the events along with your friends, make loads of money together and move on.

Smh

2小时前,LifeStyleNORE 说:

Yeah... don't remember seeing CN complain when they stole dray's rain team or the UU screens team and spammed both 24/7. 

This isn't really about privacy, it's a game lol... people just always want an advantage over others

Lastly, the Torkoal strat has been around for years, so stop pretending that you invented it. 

If we have the power to refuse watching  dray’s rain team  will not be stole

9小时前,VHisc 说:

Maybe u don't know what happpened,  let me tell u. Because im a Chinese, i konw sth about that. XD

In both 2019 and 2020, there were always some people doing noting, but just stand beside the pumpking king, using the spectator system to OB how others fight against the pumpking king. When they saw someone was able to beat the king, they will immediately copy his method. Maybe up tp now, it just OK. But after that they will video this method and upload it to Bilibili (a web like Youtube)  in order to attract fans and get income.

What make we became more anrgy was when we told them: Please indicate the author in ur vidio. They will insist that, the team it is his original. When we give evidence to prove that he plagiarized, he even incited his fans to abuse the originator online.  :(

This kind of things had happend twice in China. Actually i dont want it happen again, so im very agree to this suggest.  XD

pvp requires technology and lots of practice but pve does not, and some use copy these to earn fame and profit now