About the spectator system

SuperGeralt

Question

Dear management,I m a player who was played pokemmo for two years.This Halloween event bothers me a lot.Makes me feel bad.Due this spectator system,bothers me and my team.Our team spent lots of money to find out how to defeat the pumpkin king easily.But due this spectator system,strangers can directly STEAL our research results.Whats more,some network anchor

even watch us live.Led to our building being quickly leakded out.This behavior  greatly dampens our enthusiam and we feel that our privacy has been violated.This is the case this year,as is the event last year.My team and I have been troubled by this for two years.Therefore,we strongly recommend adding a setting to the spectator system.For example: only friends in the game can watch the game or plays have the right to refuse or allow others to watch the game.

Cheers

IGN:ZireaelCiri

引用

VHisc

• 版主
  • staff.png.5516c2c02b1068fef62760f207ade7

Maybe u don't know what happpened,  let me tell u. Because im a Chinese, i konw sth about that. XD

In both 2019 and 2020, there were always some people doing noting, but just stand beside the pumpking king, using the spectator system to OB how others fight against the pumpking king. When they saw someone was able to beat the king, they will immediately copy his method. Maybe up tp now, it just OK. But after that they will video this method and upload it to Bilibili (a web like Youtube)  in order to attract fans and get income.

What make we became more anrgy was when we told them: Please indicate the author in ur vidio. They will insist that, the team it is his original. When we give evidence to prove that he plagiarized, he even incited his fans to abuse the originator online.  :(

This kind of things had happend twice in China. Actually i dont want it happen again, so im very agree to this suggest.  XD

Edited by SuperGeralt

1 minute ago, Riesz said:

Guess what, CN community do not share for free, they rent their team instead. RENT

My friend helped me for free (normal pumpking), I do appreciate that :)

no, in most of the time, it's free. But i think you should have a look what i said. It's true happened.

3 minutes ago, Riesz said:

Guess what, CN community do not share for free, they rent their team instead. RENT

I also charged many people for renting my team, sharing each steps. But think about it, spending millions for a team or just spend 100k for a team + strategy, which is better :D

2 minutes ago, VHisc said:

no, in most of the time, it's free. But i think you should have a look what i said. It's true happened.

if you mean Bilibili, I think this is out of our devs' controls since this is done by players.

I doubt we can control the screen recorder :/

2 minutes ago, FighterChamp said:

I also charged many people for renting my team, sharing each steps. But think about it, spending millions for a team or just spend 100k for a team + strategy, which is better :D

I pointed it out is due to people would copy and paste, learn and then rent out which may cause this rage from original (?) player.

I myself playing MMO since 2015 and Pumpking has been around for years, this has not been problem to other communities, why only CN would do this?

this is what we should think the reason some people wants this feature

43分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

Why you need this to be implemented.

First Of All The required pokes to defeat the pumpkin(each year) hit too high value during the event, you know why?? Because People SHARE Their teams to others. 

From 30th October - 1st Nov torkoal + yawn + lvl 100 pokemon value were nearly 1m or even more because all the listed torkoals with yawn sold instantly when some people shared their strategy of torkoal. And after torkoal yawn turned useless then chandelure value hit high because people shared the effectiveness of chandelier vs pumpkin.

People will always share their halloween effective team to their friends for free. That's how the system will work and people will also share the steps to beat the pumpkin(except some ppl) .

And Some people also help others to beat the pumpkin in the normal mode, implementing this suggestion will make it hard.

This suggestion will not save your MONEY but can make many people lose their chance to get the event only vanity from the help of their friend.

You mean Halloween is supposed to be about sharing teams with other people? WHY? Isn't it natural that we should give and get what we deserve? I just want to share it with my friends and my partners, not with everyone. Shouldn't that be allowed?

49分钟前,Riesz 说:

LAMFO We do share our team to friends,what we talking about it those others,did I make it clear?

44分钟前,Riesz 说:

I also help my friend to defeat for free and I prefer to do it. That is my right. I can share my idea with my friend, because of our friendship.

But I also hope that I have the same right to refuse some strange players, 

43分钟前,Riesz 说:

if you mean Bilibili, I think this is out of our devs' controls since this is done by players.

I doubt we can control the screen recorder :/

I pointed it out is due to people would copy and paste, learn and then rent out which may cause this rage from original (?) player.

I myself playing MMO since 2015 and Pumpking has been around for years, this has not been problem to other communities, why only CN would do this?

this is what we should think the reason some people wants this feature

u can see what Vhsic say.Maybe you can understand why we're doing this

7分钟前,Riesz 说:

Do I know you?

Did you share your team with me for pumpking?

:)

smart one, boi

Ya i dont know u,thats why we are asking for privacy,so those people we dont know cant watch the battle. U see thats the point do i konw about those others?

Edited by ChrisGgg
8分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

I don't wanna argue anymore , Ik Staffs will remove our Quotes just hear one thing : YOU CAN NOT KEEP YOUR TEAM SECRET, SOMEBODY WILL SURELY SHARE IT TO EVERYONE WITHOUT CARING.

You can share a picture with your friend, and your friend may share it with others. In your opinion, everyone will know then. But if someone wants to peep at your chat history to get the picture, he is wrong.

15分钟前,FighterChamp 说:

I don't wanna argue anymore , Ik Staffs will remove our Quotes just hear one thing : YOU CAN NOT KEEP YOUR TEAM SECRET, SOMEBODY WILL SURELY SHARE IT TO EVERYONE WITHOUT CARING.

How can you keep the secret unless you cancel it

5 minutes ago, SuperGeralt said:

Yes,but i m a player too.Those who steal our team can get the reward without any loss, but we spend a lot of time and money on it. Do you think it's fair?

Beating Pumpking isn't a race. You don't gain anything other than bragging rights for beating him first, and quite frankly it's extremely likely you weren't the first to do it. It's just as likely that the strategy you took time to research was one someone else already knew would work and shared with someone else. Word of mouth is something that simply cannot be stopped. Even if they were to overhaul the event so that it became an instanced dungeon, you won't be able to stop someone else from sharing a strategy. Just the simple act of you sharing your strategy with someone almost guarantees that it will be shared with someone else later. There's nothing you can do about that. In fact, in order for someone to fully replicate your strategy they would need their team to be on par with the team you used. This means moves, natures, abilities, held items, and equivalent EV/IV spread. The only part of that list you can 100% guarantee came from the strategy you used is the moves and just having that one piece does not make for automatic success.

As far as monetary investment is concerned. Can you 100% guarantee that each person who you claim to have used your strategy didn't spend anything to ensure they can replicate it? Absolutely not. There is no possible way for you as a player to verify that each person who you claim to have used your strategy didn't have to spend some money and/or time putting it together for themselves. This is the simple fact of life. Very few players are going to have your exact team just sitting in their PC box. If you used a comp team then you should already know that comp players are a minority of players in game, which places the odds of someone just having your team in their PC by happenstance even lower. In the end it balances out.

4分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

Beating Pumpking isn't a race. You don't gain anything other than bragging rights for beating him first, and quite frankly it's extremely likely you weren't the first to do it. It's just as likely that the strategy you took time to research was one someone else already knew would work and shared with someone else. Word of mouth is something that simply cannot be stopped. Even if they were to overhaul the event so that it became an instanced dungeon, you won't be able to stop someone else from sharing a strategy. Just the simple act of you sharing your strategy with someone almost guarantees that it will be shared with someone else later. There's nothing you can do about that. In fact, in order for someone to fully replicate your strategy they would need their team to be on par with the team you used. This means moves, natures, abilities, held items, and equivalent EV/IV spread. The only part of that list you can 100% guarantee came from the strategy you used is the moves and just having that one piece does not make for automatic success.

As far as monetary investment is concerned. Can you 100% guarantee that each person who you claim to have used your strategy didn't spend anything to ensure they can replicate it? Absolutely not. There is no possible way for you as a player to verify that each person who you claim to have used your strategy didn't have to spend some money and/or time putting it together for themselves. This is the simple fact of life. Very few players are going to have your exact team just sitting in their PC box. If you used a comp team then you should already know that comp players are a minority of players in game, which places the odds of someone just having your team in their PC by happenstance even lower. In the end it balances out.

So what does that have to do with people being able to watch us steal our research? We just want to have a little privacy

4分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

I just think my privacy has been violated while being watched, I want to have a right to protect my privacy. So, I think it is necessary to have a setting that can be watched or not.

1 minute ago, SuperGeralt said:

So what does that have to do with people being able to watch us steal our research? We just want to have a little privacy

7 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

It's just as likely that the strategy you took time to research was one someone else already knew would work and shared with someone else.

^ Read that

You cannot 100% without a doubt prove anybody "stole" your research. Pumpking has existed for several years. The typing has not changed since it was first introduced. This means that way back in the day someone could have already found an effective strategy and adapted it to the changes over time.

10分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

It's a privacy issue and how much it costs to copy the team, he spends a little more time looking at it a few times just investing the comp money,we cost 10 hours and 15M ,they just need  buy 3comp  3M and  30min,
but that's not the worst thing. The worst thing is he videotapes your team and puts it on the website

1分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

^ Read that

You cannot 100% without a doubt prove anybody "stole" your research. Pumpking has existed for several years. The typing has not changed since it was first introduced. This means that way back in the day someone could have already found an effective strategy and adapted it to the changes over time.

3分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

^ Read that

You can also look at what Vhisc says. Some people were watching us live. It was like putting our team out there. Last year, even more voyeurs recorded our videos and posted them on the Internet without our permission

2分钟前,XelaKebert 说:

^ Read that

It is not limited to Pumpking, I am not talking about Pumpking. It is just about the spectator system, I don't want to have a stranger spectator.

Just now, SuperGeralt said:

You can also look at what Vhisc says. Some people were watching us live. It was like putting our team out there. Last year, even more voyeurs recorded our videos and posted them on the Internet without our permission

Just know what you used and the moves alone does not guarantee success. You need to understand that.

You also need to understand that Pumpking's typing progression has not changed since 2015. This means that you likely stumbled upon a strategy somebody else already knew about. The only players you seem to have an issue with are players who are new to the game because I can guarantee you that no veteran of the event is doing this.

If someone is recording you battling without your permission, you ask them to stop, and they don't block them. That should stop them from being able to spectate you period unless my memory has failed me here. Last I recall, blocking someone removes you from their view of the overworld. Use the tools you have available.