Overworld Abilities

Hello everyone how's it going? 

I would like to know whether every overworld ability is implemented in this game from the OG pokemon games, and if not, which make the cut? 

I did a little digging into the forum and found some info like you always have to have the pokemon on the top of your party in order to make use of their ability effect even if some didn't require in the main games (e.g. magma armor). 

Also I couldn't find any guide/post listing all of these overworld abilities which are in the game. So i was wondering if anyone knew the whole lot...

thanks and cheers to y'all.pooh

Hello @tukhor,

There is currently no guide or official list that contains all the implemented abilities in PokeMMO. However, every Pokémon in PokeMMO have 1-2 abilities they can choose from (can be changed with the Ability Pill item obtained from the daycares). You can check this information either via the Pokédex or the Global Trade Link by opening a Pokémon's summary page (if you don't have the Pokémon registered in your Pokédex). 

Another important fact to remember is that hidden abilities are not available for players here - only the NPCs. 

I hope that somehow answered your question. Feel free to contact me with more questions. Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, tukhor said:

I would like to know whether every overworld ability is implemented in this game from the OG pokemon games, and if not, which make the cut? 

I'd say most of the overworld abilities are implemented, but there is at least one notable miss. These are a few I can tell you about:

· Magma Armor/Flame Body (Nerfed): Not as much, but they still speed up hatching times by 25%.

· Synchronize (Nerfed): If I recall correctly, here in PokeMMO it only triggers 15% of the time.

· Compound Eyes (Does Not Work): I believe devs thought this was too good for farming item.

· Intimidate/Swarm/Arena Trap/etc. (Nerfed): They are nerfed (various percentages, see link in comment below).

· Pickup (Nerfed): it works in a somewhat similar way. It picks up like 5% of the time, but the items you pick up vary from the original games. Also, it only triggers for the 1st mon in your party, so a full party of 6 pickup pokemons would do same as just 1, unlike in official games.

You can tell if an ability is 'on' when you see the icon in the upper left side of the screen (desktop).Overworld.jpg.e63266a496b17816b9af4a16bceb2fea.jpg

I might have missed some abilities, hopefully someone else can help us have the full picture.

37 minutes ago, Sethsen said:

However, every Pokémon in PokeMMO have 1-2 abilities they can choose from (can be changed with the Ability Pill item obtained from the daycares). You can check this information either via the Pokédex or the Global Trade Link by opening a Pokémon's summary page (if you don't have the Pokémon registered in your Pokédex). 

I don't think you understood their question.

--------------------------

Edit: I edited based on Sethsen's comment below.

Edited by Rittz
13 minutes ago, Rittz said:

I'd say most of the overworld abilities are implemented, but there is at least one notable miss. These are a few I can tell you about:

Thanks for providing this!

@tukhor, you can also find more information about these abilities and their Out of Battle ("overworld") function in the changelog from 20/08/2015:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/56249-changelog-20082015/

I hope this was a proper answer.