Suggestion for GYM AND PVP

KN420

Question

7 answers to this question

5 hours ago, KN420 said:

I have a suggestion why not add the rematch battle with the 8th gym leader from kanto, giovanni?

Because it doesn't make sense within the world to have that since Giovanni disappeared after you beat him. How do you explain him suddenly coming back canonically since the Gen 2 games have him holed up in a cave in Johto refusing to return to Team Rocket despite them pleading for his return over the radio.

If, and this is a big if, IF the devs were to add the Johto storyline this kind of rematch would clash with the setup of Johto since Blue takes over after Giovanni retires.

Though the argument can also be made that it would clash anyway since Giovanni is the leader in FireRed, but Blue is the leader in HG/SS. You'd be correct that they would. This would be an instance where it may be sensible to lock Johto away as accessible until after the player has beaten Giovanni as the Viridian gym leader since HG/SS canonically takes place after the events of FR/LG, but that is a discussion for a different time.

8 hours ago, KN420 said:

I don't know if you already have a topic like this, I have a suggestion why not add the rematch battle with the 8th gym leader from kanto, giovanni? the pvp why not leave the team hidden for advances before starting a battle?

I think there are already more than enough gyms to rebattle that one more isn't necessary, and also not very good flavour-wise as pointed out above. And regarding team previews, I think knowing the opposing team beforehand makes for more informed plays, and also makes gameplay more skill based.

Edited by Rittz