Jump to content

SYSTEMIC OR HUMAN ERROR? Halloween 2020 (30/10/2020)


Recommended Posts

SYSTEMIC OR HUMAN ERROR? Halloween 2020 (30/10/2020)

Fiquei muito triste com o seu post sobre o evento Halloween 2020. Em seu post você disse exatamente assim: "Pumpking will remain for a few days to take any leftover candy."
Isso levou muitos jogadores a guardarem seus doces especiais, acreditando que conseguiriamos lutar com o Pumpking por mais alguns dias após o evento. E agora o que faço com todos doces especiais que tenho em estoque? Por favor, sugiro liberar o pumpking para podermos batalhar por alguns dias. Obrigado. 
Sou brasileiro, desculpa se escrevi errado. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very sad about your post about the Halloween 2020 event. In your post you said exactly like this: "Pumpking will remain for a few days to take any leftover candy." This led many players to save their special sweets, believing that we would be able to fight Pumpking for a few more days after the event. And now what do I do with all the special sweets I have in stock? Please, I suggest releasing the pumpking so that we can battle for a few days. Thanks. I'm Brazilian, sorry if I wrote it wrong.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

It has been always like this, people told you guys even so and were disregarded as people who wanna try to lower special candies price. Own fault, devs even announced it that you won't be able. So no it won't happen

Sou jogador novato, e não gostei da informação equivocada do staf. 

I am a novice player, and I did not like the misinformation of the staf.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Quakkz said:

It has been always like this, people told you guys even so and were disregarded as people who wanna try to lower special candies price. Own fault, devs even announced it that you won't be able. So no it won't happen

 

4 hours ago, noomuch said:

there was no misinformation, only lack of information given i guess?

While I agree information was given a few hours before the event ended, it would have been super easy for the mods to include these indications in the announcement to avoid being so confusing.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Rittz said:

While I agree information was given a few hours before the event ended, it would have been super easy for the mods to include these indications in the announcement to avoid being so confusing.

Honestly should have been fully quantified in the changelog. Just saying candies without qualifying which one is a bit confusing.

 

That said, they could have also set it up such that Pumpking will accept Special Candies for normal Goodie Bags at a rate of 1 Special = 5 Goodie Bag since that is what you get for beating him on Normal anyway.

Link to post
7 hours ago, Kamowanthere said:

espere pelo próximo evento de halloween

I already sold and lost more than 500k, apart from the possibility of having made more than 1.2k of profit only with the special sweets. "Yellows".

4 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Honestly should have been fully quantified in the changelog. Just saying candies without qualifying which one is a bit confusing.

 

That said, they could have also set it up such that Pumpking will accept Special Candies for normal Goodie Bags at a rate of 1 Special = 5 Goodie Bag since that is what you get for beating him on Normal anyway.

I already sold and lost more than 500k, apart from the possibility of having made more than 1.2k of profit only with the special sweets. "Yellows".

Link to post
4 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

 

That said, they could have also set it up such that Pumpking will accept Special Candies for normal Goodie Bags at a rate of 1 Special = 5 Goodie Bag since that is what you get for beating him on Normal anyway.

this defeats the purpose of battling the pumpking and would make the main objective of the halloween events based on finding locations of the children instead

Link to post
2 hours ago, noomuch said:

this defeats the purpose of battling the pumpking and would make the main objective of the halloween events based on finding locations of the children instead

Ok, exactly how does it defeat the objective to have that functionality AFTER the event ends and the Pumpking can no longer be challenged? During the event the Special Candies can be treated exactly how they would normally be treated by triggering the battle. It should be noted that players who have already beaten Pumpking on Normal Mode are really standing to take a loss on that exchange because the Hard Mode reward is an upgraded Goodie Bag. So then it comes down to wasting your special candies on the Pumpking to try and get the Hard Mode reward or hold them and get a bunch of regular goodie bags at the end. This has nothing to do with the normal flow of the event itself, but more to do with allowing the players to have another use for them after the Pumpking is done battling.

 

That said, at worst it's a healing item if you are in a pinch and need to heal some HP. Though this isn't much of a concern for players sitting on millions already because they are likely to have already stocked up on their healing items. That's more for average players who don't bank up a ton of cash.

Link to post
8 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Ok, exactly how does it defeat the objective to have that functionality AFTER the event ends and the Pumpking can no longer be challenged? During the event the Special Candies can be treated exactly how they would normally be treated by triggering the battle. It should be noted that players who have already beaten Pumpking on Normal Mode are really standing to take a loss on that exchange because the Hard Mode reward is an upgraded Goodie Bag. So then it comes down to wasting your special candies on the Pumpking to try and get the Hard Mode reward or hold them and get a bunch of regular goodie bags at the end. This has nothing to do with the normal flow of the event itself, but more to do with allowing the players to have another use for them after the Pumpking is done battling.

 

That said, at worst it's a healing item if you are in a pinch and need to heal some HP. Though this isn't much of a concern for players sitting on millions already because they are likely to have already stocked up on their healing items. That's more for average players who don't bank up a ton of cash.

why would they make pumpking a bossfight that requires a special candy to battle which rewards 5 goodie bags

and if you "stock" up on special candies til the event's over just to be able to exchange them for 5 goodie bags this makes the pumpking bossfight irrelevant and not needed
they clearly do not intend to do that considering they have implemented him as a feature after all, if you still say something more about this being an after-event issue you should reevaluate your decisions during the event

Link to post
22 hours ago, noomuch said:

why would they make pumpking a bossfight that requires a special candy to battle which rewards 5 goodie bags

and if you "stock" up on special candies til the event's over just to be able to exchange them for 5 goodie bags this makes the pumpking bossfight irrelevant and not needed
they clearly do not intend to do that considering they have implemented him as a feature after all, if you still say something more about this being an after-event issue you should reevaluate your decisions during the event

Don't get too hung up on the exchange numbers because those can be changed. The reason why 5 Goodie Bags for 1 Special Candy came to mind is because you get that for beating the boss on Normal. The actual exchange rate can be changed.

The other idea is to have a means of converting Special Candy into Spooky Candy once the event ends.

In either case, the exchange rate needs to be balanced in such a manner that fighting the boss is still encouraged, but that you do still get something for those Special Candy you have sitting in your bag once Pumpking is to tired to fight.  It is possible to have both methods. The overall point is to give Special Candy a use once the event actually ends because the only reason it went for 250k on the GTL was because of the mindset that rare = valuable. The unfortunate reality is that the secondary use is an RNG based healing item which places the real value below that of a regular Potion. In an absolute pinch with no alternatives it's great no matter what, but under normal circumstances you risk wasting a 250k item for 20HP. Aside from a perceived boon for cash, is there any real reason to hold onto stacks of Special Candy? Realistically, no there is not; they are made to be used, but nobody is going to willingly use these to heal unless they have absolutely no other options. So why wouldn't you want there to be some use for them after the event ends that sees some kind of reward for turning them in?

Link to post
4 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Don't get too hung up on the exchange numbers because those can be changed. The reason why 5 Goodie Bags for 1 Special Candy came to mind is because you get that for beating the boss on Normal. The actual exchange rate can be changed.

The other idea is to have a means of converting Special Candy into Spooky Candy once the event ends.

In either case, the exchange rate needs to be balanced in such a manner that fighting the boss is still encouraged, but that you do still get something for those Special Candy you have sitting in your bag once Pumpking is to tired to fight.  It is possible to have both methods. The overall point is to give Special Candy a use once the event actually ends because the only reason it went for 250k on the GTL was because of the mindset that rare = valuable. The unfortunate reality is that the secondary use is an RNG based healing item which places the real value below that of a regular Potion. In an absolute pinch with no alternatives it's great no matter what, but under normal circumstances you risk wasting a 250k item for 20HP. Aside from a perceived boon for cash, is there any real reason to hold onto stacks of Special Candy? Realistically, no there is not; they are made to be used, but nobody is going to willingly use these to heal unless they have absolutely no other options. So why wouldn't you want there to be some use for them after the event ends that sees some kind of reward for turning them in?

some people might abuse the exchange rate, since beating the pumpking takes time and luck, they could just opt for spamming this how about adding a limit to the exchangable rate perhaps?

Link to post
2 hours ago, noomuch said:

some people might abuse the exchange rate, since beating the pumpking takes time and luck, they could just opt for spamming this how about adding a limit to the exchangable rate perhaps?

That's why you set the rate such that it's still more profitable to battle the Pumpking. The point isn't to negate the battle. The point is to give the candies an actual outlet after the event ends. This could be either a straight exchange for a reduced payout or by converting them to Spooky Candy. In either case the Special Candy has an outlet such that it no longer rots in your inventory. To be completely honest, allowing items that were made to be exchanged during an event no outlet after the event ends isn't very good design. The only exception being if a player does not have enough Spooky Candy to qualify for an exchange.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.