Why don't we ban Outrage in PvP and revert the power nerf

8 hours ago, Spaintakula said:

We should also ban sheer cold in PvP and make its accuracy 100%

Can't really see the correlation, care to elaborate? 

Also (please) include into your argument how a banned move in PvP that enables 1-Hit-K.O.s and is, thus, rightfully banned compares to the point I was making. Thanks in advance :-*

15 hours ago, Boojanglez said:

Title. The move isn't used anyway in competitive play, afaik, cuz dragon claw is Superior.

Bans in MMO don't work like that. If the developers would buff Outrage to 120 BP, it would certainly be used over/alongside Dclaw. Definitely making pokemon like Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp broken. 

There is no such thing as 'move' banning in MMO. So you can't flat ban Outrage from PvP. The developers would need to remove it from the movepool from Pokemon that are problematic with Outrage. I'm not sure if it's worth the massive amount of time to ban all the needed Pokemon and then see which ones need Outrage removed. In the end you will end up with a short list of Pokemon that can learn Outrage, so there is no point in buffing it because MMO doesn't use flat bans.

8 minutes ago, ThinkNicer said:

Bans in MMO don't work like that. If the developers would buff Outrage to 120 BP, it would certainly be used over/alongside Dclaw. Definitely making pokemon like Salamence, Dragonite and Garchomp broken. 

There is no such thing as 'move' banning in MMO. So you can't flat ban Outrage from PvP. The developers would need to remove it from the movepool from Pokemon that are problematic with Outrage. I'm not sure if it's worth the massive amount of time to ban all the needed Pokemon and then see which ones need Outrage removed. In the end you will end up with a short list of Pokemon that can learn Outrage, so there is no point in buffing it because MMO doesn't use flat bans.

Thanks for the clear input, the first and only one to do so - much appreciated!

21 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

why we do not close this useless thread

Yeah dude, let's be rude for absolutely no reason. Your contribution to this discussion is useless, my question was brought up in a polite manner and adhered to the forum rules and is thus legit. 
Welp, whatever, kudos to you for being a stellar example of this wonderful community. /close

5 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

@Boojanglez the alternate argument for implementation of a buffed Outrage would be a push to introduce Fairy typing to PokeMMO, which would undoubtedly help our meta. A lot of our overpowered threats are checked by Fairy-typing. Downsides would be attempting to theory mon how strong Fairy-types might be themselves, and if our plethora of Steel and Poison-types and moves are effective at slowing them.

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

@Boojanglez the alternate argument for implementation of a buffed Outrage would be a push to introduce Fairy typing to PokeMMO, which would undoubtedly help our meta. A lot of our overpowered threats are checked by Fairy-typing. Downsides would be attempting to theory mon how strong Fairy-types might be themselves, and if our plethora of Steel and Poison-types and moves are effective at slowing them.

#MakePoisonGreatAgain

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Ah okay, I never played Pokemon games before PokeMMO, besides the handheld games up to the 2nd generation in my earlier years, and just read up on fairy types. I absolutely see your point, thanks for your input.

14 hours ago, Boojanglez said:

Can't really see the correlation, care to elaborate? 

Also (please) include into your argument how a banned move in PvP that enables 1-Hit-K.O.s and is, thus, rightfully banned compares to the point I was making. Thanks in advance :-*

your talking about buffing (90 - 120bp) a move (outrage) and then banning it from pvp.

spanktakula is talking about buffing (30% - 100% accuracy) a move (sheer cold) and then banning it from pvp.

can you see the correlation :*

On 11/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, DaftCoolio said:

your talking about buffing (90 - 120bp) a move (outrage) and then banning it from pvp.

spanktakula is talking about buffing (30% - 100% accuracy) a move (sheer cold) and then banning it from pvp.

can you see the correlation :*

I don't think I will comment on this.

On 11/5/2020 at 2:58 AM, Spaintakula said:

Idk bro, my post got more likes than yours, so that automatically makes you wrong, and me right

A solid ground for a thoughtful discussion.

Edited by Boojanglez
  • 2 months later...

Returning Outrage to normal is a fairy tale. The devs aren't magical pixies that give us a perfectly balanced meta. We're just gamers fiddling around with online sprites. Getting changes like this is like catching a leprechaun. Hoping santa's elves will give you a present. The devs are just fair folk, trying to make a living in the world. One move could shift the meta like mischievous pixies are throwing the tiers out of order. The sprit of the game is like a nymph that'll get angry if you mess with the natural balance.

If only there was a way...

Edited by MirakleB
On 3/11/2020 at 3:57 PM, Boojanglez said:

Title. The move isn't used anyway in competitive play, afaik, cuz dragon claw is Superior.

Agreed, PokéMMO is so boring right now. We should also unban Draco meteor from Hydreigon and give back Swords Dance to Garchomp.

/s (?)

On 2/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, Ultrajesus said:

Agreed, PokéMMO is so boring right now. We should also unban Draco meteor from Hydreigon and give back Swords Dance to Garchomp.

/s (?)

What other hobbies do you have besides necroing threads in absolutely unnecessary fashion?

Edited by Boojanglez
1 hour ago, Boojanglez said:

What other hobbies do you have besides necroing threads in absolutely unnecessary fashion?

Well, since you asked...

These days I've been playing Minecraft with my brother. I have also been playing chess and right now I'm learning to play the piano (or at least some melodies on it).

TL;DR: I have nothing better to do, so...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.