Team Tournament October 2020 ( Saturday 31st)

8c14c87363be24f715dacd0697cc2a46.png

Have you ever played the best game ever, "Legend of the Gnome Gemulets"?

Spoiler

ea995f0a881477bad74793c7b282edad.png

It's not the same cause I had to cut it, but I didnt put enchanteur into poster, so I improvised to include him <3 

Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament of October 2020

These are monthly competitive tournaments where teams can test their skill against each other.
Players battle as teams (3 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds

[SIÂ] - Sic Itur Ad Astra

will be given the opportunity to defend their title from September 2020 They have earned a registration slot.

3 players from each team

The top spot will be an OU Match

The middle spot will be an UU Match

Below, there will be LC Match

Spoiler
October: OU UU LC Silph. co
November: OU NU DUBS Unova
December: OU DUBS LC Sinnoh

Details:
16 Teams | 6v6 | Tournament Mode Duels |
Date & Time:
Saturday, 31st October 8pm UTC - 6pm EDT - 12pm CEST   Time Zone Converter

Saturday, 31st October.   UTC (0) - 8pm; EDT (UTC-4) - 4pm, CET - 9pm

Thursday, 29th  October UTC (0) - 8pm; EDT (UTC-4) - 4pm, CET - 9pm  Time Zone Converter

Registration Rules:

-Only players who have registered are allowed to play.
-Entry must include all information below, players have ONE HOUR to register through this thread after the registration phase begins.
   + Teams that will fail to do so, will be moved to the last spot on the reserves list. 
   + 
Editing players in is allowed, up to one hour before tournament, if they were not registered to play for another team.
   + Adding/changing player before tournament is possible by in-game/forum notification to host. Please inform the host of the change.

-Entry must be made by a member of the team.

-Entry must include team tag. Entries without at least team tag that are later edited, will be not taken into consideration even for reserves 

-Entry that was originally including one team, but then edited to another one, will not be counted at all. If a player who made an entry would change teams, he can't use his spot for a new team.

-Team must have at least 3 players ready to fight. Failing to meet this requirement, will result in disqualification.

Example of valid entry (edited no longer than one hour later)

[GM]

[GM] - GameMasters

[GM]

Team Name: GameMasters
Team Tag: GM
Registered Players: SecretDjinn TheChampionMike Munya
Team Captain: Munya

Template if you wish to copy:

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)
If I notice your team is an alt team, when creating the bracket and reserves list I will put that team on the last spot of reserves.

Team Players Gap: 20

Silph.Co, ch4 - starting on ch 4, we will move half matches to ch3

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Bag Item/
List of Clauses and what they mean.

Prize:

The winning team will receive:
1000 RP for each 3 winners

Guaranteed spot in next month's Team Tournament

Player sprites on next month's tournament poster
Entry into the PokeMMO Hall of Fame 

Points for the Team of The Year:

Champion: 10
2nd Place 7
Semifinal 4
Round 2 2

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

• Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

• Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

• Teams must have 3 players for each round. If team is registered, but fails to have 3 players, 1st reserve team takes their place in bracket. 

• Match that takes more than an hour to complete, might result in GM calling the result if the match is not showing any sign of it ending soon

Banned OU Pokemon

Garchomp

Banned Little Cup Pokemon

Gligar

Meditite

Misdreavus

Murkrow

Scraggy

Scyther

Sneasel

Tangela

Yanma

Banned Items

None

Banned Moves

Dragon Rage (LC)

Sonic Boom (LC)

Banned Abilities

Arena Trap (LC)

Nr. Name of the Team Championships 2nd Place Semifinal 2nd round 1st round Nr of TT attented Won fights Lost fights Total Points:
1 [NORE] NoRematch 3       4 7 32 16 30
2 [LIVE] Little Veterans 1   4 1 2 8 38 22 28
3 [Pâst] - ShadowOfThePast 1 1 1 3 1 7 34 20 27
4 [SIÂ] - Sic Itur Ad Astra 2     2 3 7 27 18 24
5 [HDLM] SonsOfTheDeath     4   4 8 25 23 16
6 [RØSE] - GuardianoftRose   2   1 1 4 20 13 16
7 [LØRÐ] TheLordsOfTheHax 1     3 3 7 18 23 16
8 [ZËRØ] - Elitewarriors   2   1 2 5 14 10 16
9 [läva] läva   1   4 4 9 19 29 15
10 [VVVV] - Veni Vidi Vici Vixi     3 1 3 7 23 19 14
11 [RMW] - Red Mark Warrior 1     2 2 5 16 14 14
12 [VGC] VermilionGoldenChampions.   1 1 1   3 17 10 13
13 [LËM] SimplyLëmonade   1 1   3 5 15 16 11
14 [BSDO] Bushido   1   1 3 5 10 17 9
15 [RE] Aogiri RE     1 2 1 4 15 9 8
16 [BR] Team Brasil     2   2 4 12 15 8
17 [AW] Asgard Warriors   1     3 4 11 10 7
18 [xGDx] GodOfDeath     1 1 1 3 10 8 6
19 [SÊVÍ] SEVII Champions       3 3 6 6 19 6
20 [DgTs] DangoTerasu       2 7 9 11 22 4
21 [ÁvE] - Aventerrør       2 2 4 5 12 4
22 [Kult] Team Kult       1 2 3 5 7 2
23 [DârK] DarkEnergy       1 3 4 5 10 2
24 [HAX] Haxonites       1   1 3 3 2
25 [STAL] Laboratorio Stall       1   1 3 3 2
26 [LYLE] KingCheerios       1 3 4 3 9 2
27 [SLP] Sleepwalkers       1   1 2 4 2
28 [ÄURA] Pokemon Aura         2 2 2 4 0
29 [OpTc] Optic         2 2 2 4 0
30 [ARMA] Artema         1 1 1 2 0
31 [TWST] Strategie         2 2 1 5 0
32 [ENIX] Phoenix Team         1 1 1 2 0
33 [NöyP] LåLïgäFílípínâ         1 1 0 3 0
44 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Finishing poster cause drawing torches is just uuhhh

Check the Timezone converter, because TT time is adjusted for the current European time. 

Thank you for your art. It makes my Headline videos more artistic.

Just now, DemonBone said:

Is the Team Tournament at 8pm or 10 pm UTC? Forum post says 10pm but when I click time converter it shows the time for 8pm.

Fixed to match timezone, put the wrong one in.

For other players in case of any confusion, you can always put your city into timezone converter and check local time- it will not show location to other players

28 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's probably best to skip LC in the tier rotation then.

LC tournaments are being hosted now, and are not cancelled. Tiers are announced in advance and some teams prepare for them, often counting on specific players.

Ofc you can make argument that teams should prepare for all tiers, but in reality its not always the case and by changing tier few days before tournament, we might risk players losing their time if they planned to take part in tt.

Would the LC tournaments be cancelled, i would change the tier, but for now i will not. Players can prepare now and take part in tournaments ingame, making them suddenly follow different set of rules during one specific tournament is bad in my opinion. 

Im all open for arguments, but I seriously dont think that changing tier is good idea

10 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

LC tournaments are being hosted now, and are not cancelled. Tiers are announced in advance and some teams prepare for them, often counting on specific players.

Ofc you can make argument that teams should prepare for all tiers, but in reality its not always the case and by changing tier few days before tournament, we might risk players losing their time if they planned to take part in tt.

Would the LC tournaments be cancelled, i would change the tier, but for now i will not. Players can prepare now and take part in tournaments ingame, making them suddenly follow different set of rules during one specific tournament is bad in my opinion. 

Im all open for arguments, but I seriously dont think that changing tier is good idea

It's just that Arena Trap is officially banned in LC, but a bug is preventing the enforcement of the ban in game. Team Tournaments are the rare official events where it would be possible to enforce the Arena Trap ban. I understand that this would require more work for staff (having to check LC games), so I'm not going to push the issue further since ultimately it's really up to you guys. Just saying that the extra work would be really appreciated xD

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

It's just that Arena Trap is officially banned in LC, but a bug is preventing the enforcement of the ban in game. Team Tournaments are the rare official events where it would be possible to enforce the Arena Trap ban. I understand that this would require more work for staff (having to check LC games), so I'm not going to push the issue further since ultimately it's really up to you guys. Just saying that the extra work would be really appreciated xD

It's not really about us checking if someone uses arena trap, even players can report it to ref of the match. Even if I would have to run TT solo (not a case but just for an example), Im sure players would just let me know if the opponent had forbidden pokemon.

I'm coming more about the consistency with other tournaments current tournaments. 

However, with Arena Trap being banned in LC to provide best possible matchup environment, and considering it was decision made with Tier Council, I will honour that. 

After discussing it further, I think we can go with Arena Trap being Not Allowed during this TT

3 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

It's not really about us checking if someone uses arena trap, even players can report it to ref of the match. Even if I would have to run TT solo (not a case but just for an example), Im sure players would just let me know if the opponent had forbidden pokemon.

I'm coming more about the consistency with other tournaments current tournaments. 

However, with Arena Trap being banned in LC to provide best possible matchup environment, and considering it was decision made with Tier Council, I will honour that. 

After discussing it further, I think we can go with Arena Trap being Not Allowed during this TT

Thank you !

13 minutes ago, LeJovi said:

Just to confirm, signups are in 8 hr 45 minutes from this post? 

9hr 30 minutes. To avoid confusion, I will post here one hour before registration but you can always use time zone converter in a thread to add your city (not visible to players) to see what time it is in your place.