English orientation?

6 minutes ago, ChrisTheDestroyeR said:

Hopefully I get the mod position so I can try to fix these issues I'll start 

by accommodating the right lanuguage where it needs to be

Report them using in game functions. Also CMs have very little power and you most certainly will not really have any say in development of mechanics.

You can also turn off other chat languages, if they are still visible. Make sure you are looking at the language tags that come up. If you see anything other than EN coming up you have other languages turned on. The Chinese part of the community is very active and chat tends to move very fast for their language.

Also, word of advice, you won't get any say in development of the game. At all. There are only two staff members below Admin who have had any say in development and they are Darkshade and Rache. Rache designed the teams for the gym leaders and E4. Darkshade does the sprite art and also gives input on mechanics. It would be wise of you to remove that thought from your mind entirely. It's great that you want to help the community, but going in thinking you will be granted magical access to the development of the game to make changes you want is not going to help you at all. The CM level of staff sees the most turnover for any level for varying reasons including some just not working out.

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheDestroyeR said:

Lol well I mean the game is in ENGLISH 

LOL, no it's not. The client also has Chinese and Spanish translations along with other supported language. If I recall, the client is capable of detecting rom language so even if someone only speaks Chinese, if they have an English rom then their client will be in English.

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheDestroyeR said:

it asks what language you prefer when you boot the dang thing.

Not that hard

You say it's not hard, but it's even easier to just click through everything without changing defaults.

Closing this thread now as your queries regarding the chat languages has been answered and it's starting to go offtopic, if you see the language channels being used incorrectly, you can report to any member of staff online via the ingame support request function.

• Lin locked this topic