Add Gen 6-8 Abilities

Alovo

Question

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

For that they would need to release the gen6-8 regions as well which would take years.

I mean only the abilities. Its not neccesary add the whole region. I think this would be fun. 

PD: You comment every single post in this forum? In every single one i made you're there

56 minutes ago, Alovo said:

I mean only the abilities. Its not neccesary add the whole region. I think this would be fun.

They can't just add 'only the abilities'. You have to understand that Nintendo is a big company that protects its IP vigorously. From my understanding PokeMMO only lasted this long because it's all original code, Nintendo can't do anything about it. That's why the game asks for ROMs and this place doesn't allow providing links for it. It's all about avoiding the DMCA.

The moment they add code that is not theirs is when Nintendo can shut it down. So the only way to add these abilities is to make it so the client can call up the gen 6 -8 ROM (I don't know what the actual file is called for Gen8 but let's just call it a ROM) and ask it to send the abilities data to the client. I assume this is difficult to do.

2 hours ago, Archiver said:

They can't just add 'only the abilities'. You have to understand that Nintendo is a big company that protects its IP vigorously. From my understanding PokeMMO only lasted this long because it's all original code, Nintendo can't do anything about it. That's why the game asks for ROMs and this place doesn't allow providing links for it. It's all about avoiding the DMCA.

The moment they add code that is not theirs is when Nintendo can shut it down. So the only way to add these abilities is to make it so the client can call up the gen 6 -8 ROM (I don't know what the actual file is called for Gen8 but let's just call it a ROM) and ask it to send the abilities data to the client. I assume this is difficult to do.

I see. Well, nevermind. If they can't I can't ask for it. Thank you.