Team building advice

My team consists of Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Gliscor, Gengar, Lucario, and used to be Garchomp. Since Garchomp is now not usable (very upset) I need a new 6th that works well with my team. Who should I add? I'm trying Salamence, but I hate the damage he takes to rocks. What do you think?

1 hour ago, JakeB said:

I would use gyarados but that weakness to rocks is what kills me

Does your gliscor have defog? If you're worried about rocks that could help. Maybe starmie is another option, either the bulky or life orb set. Good check to fighting-types, though it's not a super reliable switch in. It can also spin.

Another option i can think of is jellicent, which also gives you a water immunity. I feel like you need something against water-type moves, as right now you only have ferrothorn for them

Edited by Cheesehunk
23 minutes ago, Cheesehunk said:

Does your gliscor have defog? If you're worried about rocks that could help. Maybe starmie is another option, either the bulky or life orb set. Good check to fighting-types, though it's not a super reliable switch in. It can also spin.

Another option i can think of is jellicent, which also gives you a water immunity. I feel like you need something against water-type moves, as right now you only have ferrothorn for them

Yeah I have Defog Gliscor. Volcorona and dragons are what I struggle with most. Sometimes Mienshao. Garchomp helped with all of them. :( wonder what else I could use to counter waters. Starmie would be good vs Volcorona and water types, but would get rocked by wash rotoms volt switch

Edited by JakeB
28 minutes ago, Cheesehunk said:

What moveset for Starmie? That might be helpful. Right now I use Gliscor as a defog defensive pivot. Maybe I should use another defensive tank and a Starmie?

1 minute ago, JakeB said:

What moveset for Starmie? That might be helpful. Right now I use Gliscor as a defog defensive pivot. Maybe I should use another defensive tank and a Starmie?

Offensive starmie would be something like surf/psyshock/ice beam/rapid spin, recover or another coverage move. For bulky starmie you could use scald/psychic/recover/rapid spin. Depends on whether you want a more offensive or defensive team.

Now that you mention it, your team does have a bit of a volcarona weakness. Honestly, that thing can be pretty hard to answer once it sets up if you don't use one of the blob sisters, but good answers to it otherwise are the flying dragons i.e. salamence/dragonite/gyarados. They are weak to stealth rock but none of your team is right now so I don't think it would be too big of a deal.