PSL XIII - Week Five

16 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Just wanna add to what you said that the match was only 5turns in so it could have been easily replayed moves by moves following the battle logs or even the replay that got posted.

That's the difference between Madara vs Haazuu and Chuck vs Arce matches.

Yeah, I agree. That's not a good example of a player. What's the point of joining PSL if you just run from a fight? XD 

Edited by Supermann
22 minutes ago, LeZenor said:

We've been fair with all of our opponents so far and I'm sure Madara would've allowed a rematch If the situations were reversed. This is the essence of unsportsmanship and I'm really disappointed to see how low people are willing to go to secure a mere "victory". The same people who've denied the rematch were boasting not even a week ago about how great they were for doing the complete opposite. Regardless of how ironic the situation is, it's still pitiful to rely on a win like that. You would expect better from an event gathering the supposedly best players of the community.

There's no "people" here. It was me who was "boasting about how great I am" for accepting a rematch in the past against Gary and afaik I made it pretty clear that I don't agree with this Haazuu vs Madara decision. But does it matter what I think? The hosts set their rules (dumb ones, but at least they stick to them), Empoleons didn't exactly make a big deal out of it either, I mean this is the first response I see from your team just 24 hours later of the match happening, Aerun was the person worried the most about this whole thing and he's not even in your team, and ultimately the decision came down to Haazuu and Jovi. Lastly, if you expect anything good out of PokeMMO then oh boy do I have some news for you. 

39 minutes ago, LifeStyleNORE said:

There's no "people" here. It was me who was "boasting about how great I am" for accepting a rematch in the past against Gary and afaik I made it pretty clear that I don't agree with this Haazuu vs Madara decision. But does it matter what I think? The hosts set their rules (dumb ones, but at least they stick to them), Empoleons didn't exactly make a big deal out of it either, I mean this is the first response I see from your team just 24 hours later of the match happening, Aerun was the person worried the most about this whole thing and he's not even in your team, and ultimately the decision came down to Haazuu and Jovi. Lastly, if you expect anything good out of PokeMMO then oh boy do I have some news for you. 

Out of curiosity (We are well aware that rules need polishing and are far from perfect). But how would you word your rulings regarding similar circumstances without setting exploitable precedents?

PS: Anyone is welcomed to answer this.

35 minutes ago, pachima said:

Out of curiosity (We are well aware that rules need polishing and are far from perfect). But how would you word your rulings regarding similar circumstances without setting exploitable precedents?

PS: Anyone is welcomed to answer this.

Imo, the only way to deal with such cases would be offering the players the option to link their respective team to the host or a neutral party prior to the match starting. In the event of a early disconnection, it would be easy to replay the beginning of duel turn by turn. Ofc this should not be mandatory, but it would be a nice way for players with bad connection to protect themselves from these unfortunate situations.

8 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Imo, the only way to deal with such cases would be offering the players the option to link their respective team to the host or a neutral party prior to the match starting. In the event of a early disconnection, it would be easy to replay the beginning of duel turn by turn. Ofc this should not be mandatory, but it would be a nice way for players with bad connection to protect themselves from these unfortunate situations.

That's what we kinda have with the 3-turn rule. Is 3 turns too little? Maybe. Could it be increased? Maybe. But people were granted the option to complain  before the event started and they didn't. Either way, no matter what number is chosen, it should be fixed and unchanged for the rest of the season once it starts. 

Edit: Let me elaborate, even the 3 turn is somewhat abusable, although on a low magnitude. The higher that number the more abusable such a system becomes. 

Let's assume I get frozen in the first X turns, or I get high rolled in the same X turns, or crit, or whatever. I can simply disconnect and replay the first X turns for an higher chance of success. 

And as some smart member pointed out. Pokemmo isn't the place to expect good sportsmanship at all.

Tldr; The higher the X number is, the more abusable such system becomes.

Edited by pachima
2 minutes ago, pachima said:

That's what we kinda have with the 3-turn rule. Is 3 turns too little? Maybe. Could it be increased? Maybe. But people were granted the option to complain  before the event started and they didn't. Either way, no matter what number is chosen, it should be fixed and unchanged for the rest of the season once it starts. 

The amount of turns does not really matter, it's an arbitrary number. The core issue is that players can change the mons on their team before the rematch, so you really need to get the team linked prior to the duel to make sure there is no cheating.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

The amount of turns does not really matter, it's an arbitrary number. The core issue is that players can change the mons on their team before the rematch, so you really need to get the team linked prior to the duel to make sure there is no cheating.

I edited :)

4 minutes ago, pachima said:

I edited :)

When I'm talking about a replay turn by turn, if there is a freeze on turn 10, in order for the replay to be valid, there needs to be a freeze on turn 10 too. There should not be any abuse possible.

Just now, gbwead said:

When I'm talking about a replay turn by turn, if there is a freeze on turn 10, in order for the replay to be valid, there needs to be a freeze on turn 10 too. There should not be any abuse possible.

This is just unrealistic af. We statistically cannot control at a legit extent stuff like rolls and every other stuff in a decent span of time.

13 minutes ago, gbwead said:

But the amount of turns do matter because the more turns, the more RNG can happen that can be very tedious (to say the least) to replay. I myself think 5 turns is a good number but with an additional rule.

'Any RNG that happens during the game will only be replayed if the chance of it happening is 30% or higher.'

This way we dont have to replay random, crits, freezes but can still give weight to moves like Rock Slide and Discharge. Anyway thats my idea on it. Too late for this circumstance though.

1 minute ago, ThinkNicer said:

But the amount of turns do matter because the more turns, the more RNG can happen that can be very tedious (to say the least) to replay. I myself think 5 turns is a good number but with an additional rule.

'Any RNG that happens during the game will only be replayed if the chance of it happening is 30% or higher.'

This way we dont have to replay random, crits, freezes but can still give weight to moves like Rock Slide and Discharge. Anyway thats my idea on it. Too late for this circumstance though.

If there is 30 turns of players switching non stop without hitting each other at all, there is really nothing that should prevent the two players from rematching. RNG and cheating are the two main factors why rematches are not mandatory. 

If teams are linked before the match, there is no cheating possible. If players barely hit each other during the entire match, there is hardly any RNG involved then. If those 2 criteria are met, there is no reason why a rematch would not be enforced. 

38 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If there is 30 turns of players switching non stop without hitting each other at all, there is really nothing that should prevent the two players from rematching. RNG and cheating are the two main factors why rematches are not mandatory. 

If teams are linked before the match, there is no cheating possible. If players barely hit each other during the entire match, there is hardly any RNG involved then. If those 2 criteria are met, there is no reason why a rematch would not be enforced. 

Yes but maybe you should propose some realistic scenarios in stead.

28 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

what about damage rolls

If something would OHKO 30% of the time it could be replayed, sure. But yeah its rather tedious. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.