Shiny Hunting Help

I have been trying to shiny hunt a Zorua for so long, and I was wondering if anybody had some tips on how to make it as easy as possible. As far as I know, getting a Shiny Zorua might be the hardest thing to do in Pokemmo for a number of reasons. Firstly, Zorua can only be found in hordes in a single area, and even then, it's not garunteed to appear. Which means even with Sweet Scent, it's not a sure-fire way to get a Zorua. Secondly, Zorua's gender ratio causes most Zoruas caught to be Male, this means that trying to breed a shiny is pretty painful as well. And thirdly, taking the other two points into consideration, money is also a big issue. Whether it be paying for Dittos to make up for a lack of Female Zoruas, paying for Pokeballs, or even paying for Leppa Berries to get more uses out of Sweet scent. So if anyone has any ideas on how to make this a bit less painful, please let me know. Preferably staying in Unova, but honestly, I'm open to anything at this point. Also know that I am a poor boi and I'm not about to pay for Donator Status. Thanks in advance!

The ideal way is to hatch zorua eggs as you may get another shiny during those horde encounters. Unfortunately, it's expensive unless you get lucky and get the shiny in your first few ditto boxes or so.

Although it is quite the grind, try to get/catch at least 1 box of Zoruas (or Zorui or whatever the plural form of it is), whether it is OT or not depends on you. After that, just get ditto boxes (you can catch them or buy them) and keep shiny hunting via egg hatching method. I recommend you to have a good amount of cash on you before you start and have to keep earning to keep up with the constant purchases of dittos/repeat balls and pokeballs (For Zorua eggs). Having donator status would help as there's reduced egg hatcing time along with increased shiny chance. To decrease expenses, you could get a supply of cheap male field mons to breed with the female Zoruas when you get some.

If you're using a shiny charm, you should get a little over 2 boxes for shiny hunting (assuming you are only going for Zorua). As when I have tested it out I was able to make 2 boxes and 20 eggs at the most within one charm. And yes, you want to make eggs and not hatch them during the charm as you only have limited time and whether it is a shiny or not is determined when you get the egg from breeder, not when it hatches. 

Here's a guide about shiny hunting. Hope it helps you more: 

Video link for best ditto catching method: 

Money making guide: 

Best of luck and hope you get that shiny Zorua as soon as possible. : D

Edited by Mxd

I agree Zorua is a really hard target to get - especially from a wild encounter. Thus, I personally (also) recommend the egg method for this shiny hunt. An alternative to @Mxd's really good suggestion is just getting 5 OT Zoruas and then keeping rebreeding those 5 Zoruas until the shiny appears. For each egg, choose a random gender - and when it hatches as a male, use a Ditto. In cases Zorua hatches as a female, use a male field egg group breeder.

If you choose to use Mxdhin's suggestion, go to Unova daycare. You can do between 180-200 eggs per shiny charm there due to the shorter distance between Old Man breeder and the PC.

Best of luck!

As they previously stated just hatch eggs until you get a shiny one. About the gender, don't worry about it since you can breed it with a shiny ditto to make it female (this is way less expensive than always choosing female while breeding).

Another tip is to use donator status and shiny charms while breeding (although constantly buying the last one could be quite expensive).

Huge thanks for all the suggestions! I recently restarted my Pokemmo file and I wanted to challenge myself to try and do this. Still in Unova and hopefully, I can power through the rest of it in order to make it easier. (It also certainly doesn't help that Zoruas only appear in the Daytime, which makes them all the more frustrating) But, I also got a Pickup Payday Meowth, so hopefully money will be a little easier. I think what I'm going to do is try and progress through Unova while also searching for Zoruas on the side. Again, thanks so much for all the help! I really appreciate it!

3 hours ago, TheFrenchiestFry said:

Just a heads up that a shiny zorua will NOT be disguised as a shiny Pokemon, so a non-shiny venipede or whatever could turn out to be a shiny zorua. (I'm sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere in the thread, no one ever taught me how to read)

Yeah, I knew about that going into this whole ordeal. Also, it's fine if you can't read. Lots of people are illiterate!