PSL XIII - Week four

3 minutes ago, Quinn010 said:

i mean its allowed if i read the rules correctly so why woulnd i say it

Man nobody said you're coaching, gotta get over that. It's just an unsportmanslike behavior, literally everyone knows it. 

E: Or would you like it if I called out one of the unrevealed sets of one of your team members when nobody knows it? Please 

Edited by LeJovi
3 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

I got so many 2nd place finishes idk why you showed me this, it’s one of many my guy... you not special 

the ss is just an argument to call u son, something that u manager dont know, but dont care is not special for me neither, my shiny gyarados yes *-*

I've never really liked the revealing sets rule. From a spectators point of view it ruins the fun a bit since the rule is kind of vague it drastically reduces the amount you can say during the battle and since the hosts can only punish players who are participating in psl there are many ways around it.

I really wish we could presume that everyone in psl has at least some degree of competency and is able to deduce common sense information by themself. But unfortunately every season we see plenty of evidence that's simply not the case

I don't think Quinn is understanding the meaning of coaching.

Coaching is, by definition, and as pointed out, any call that helps the player's decision making, and believe it or not, itemrevealing, setrevealing or naturerevealing all fall within that category, and aren't allowed, no matter in where they are revealed.

With this in mind, pming the extra info instead of posting it publicly is even worse, and if anyone decides to do so, they are putting themselves and the respective player at risk with appropriate punishments. 

Now, ofc, it is incredibly hard to confirm coaching, but please keep in mind that, if we happen to find out, it won't be pretty.

To answer @redbluegreen, I believe there are some levels of info reveal. And although rules are indeed quite vague and those levels are subjective, we probably wouldnt punish any call in normal chat stating: "Grass Knot infernape ez haha" because thats common and, as you said, the player should play assuming those kind of common variables in mind. However, that was not what happened. Revealing with confidence a nature that is not the most common can affect the outcome of the match and is not to be "assumed" beforehand.

Either way,  won't get into this convo again because I'd just be repeating myself. Thank you all. *flees*

Edited by pachima
2 hours ago, pachima said:

I don't think Quinn is understanding the meaning of coaching

i mean i do, but youre explaining coaching in the rules so i mean if you expect people to follow common knowledge just say dont coach. if you explain what coaching dont explain it half this let me think any other forms of coaching is allowed cuz thats what the rules said (basically what i mean) you said what form of coaching you dont wanna see so i avoided. and then you say its common knowledge the other forms are aslo not allowed like i cant guess i assume if you say what form you dont wanna see the other forms are allowed.my. english is bad but i hope you understand 

Edited by Quinn010
dont ever write rules again its just poop
2 hours ago, Quinn010 said:

i mean i do, but youre explaining coaching in the rules so i mean if you expect people to follow common knowledge just say dont coach. if you explain what coaching dont explain it half this let me think any other forms of coaching is allowed cuz thats what the rules said (basically what i mean) you said what form of coaching you dont wanna see so i avoided. and then you say its common knowledge the other forms are aslo not allowed like i cant guess i assume if you say what form you dont wanna see the other forms are allowed.my. english is bad but i hope you understand 

meh rip forums lol. Need a master's degree to post a gif these days. 

Edited by LeJovi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.