Add RU?

DiosSlurpuff

Question

I don't know if this was suggested before, I suppose it was, but if so, it had to be a long time ago ... Anyway, Rarely Used is a tier that lies between UU and NU, as I suppose everyone knows. And I think the tier should be given a chance. By this I mean that the current NU dex would become RU and the current UT could be NU, just to test ... Which would allow to carry out official tournaments with the current UT dex, and have a little more variety not only in tournaments and ranked, but also in team tournaments. Even if this will make that NU have a long and uncomfortable dex for players, it can be solved by adding PU, although I think that is out of this suggestion.

4 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

Why would you like RU added except for that reason that you want it? 

I think it would be interesting to add a tier like RU in order to expand the metagame even more, and would give more variety to official tournaments including TT's. I know that there are other priorities and that with the last big update, the meta is somewhat unbalanced, obviously that is a priority, but that is already a matter for another section of the forum.

45 minutes ago, EricRasp said:

Like, how is it going to improve the competitive scene? If you could explain the logic behind your suggestion I think it would be more convincing

As for how the competitive scene would improve ... I thought I said in the post, it would give more variety. (If this tier is implemented, I think that the changes would not occur in RU, but in NU ... Although promoting UT would achieve the same result, but I doubt that will happen).

Since the entire point of these tiers is to make unusable pokemon viable.

like people are tired of skarm and blissey in every match, so they invented a ruleset where they are banned, and you have to fall back on blastoise and marowak.
then another ruleset where even those are banned, and you have to fall back on golduck and rapidash.

despite these new rulesets, there are still a ton of pokemon that do not get played despite being legal in the lowest tier, like simisear and seviper (?)

anyways, seviper is bound to be someone's favorite pokemon, and the health of the competitive scene is widely acknowledged as 'every pokemon being competitively viable, in one format or another'.

so if you want to see simisear playtime you just add more formats where it doesn't get smoked by the competition.

That's pretty much the argument for RU.

The question then is, are there enough pokemon in NU to warrant splitting the tier again?

creating RU basically implies making a new tier below NU where you ban all the viable pokemon that are currently above 4% usage in NU.

(and then you swap around the tier naming conventions).

Now, if you make a new tier below NU while having banned the top 4%, what do the leftovers look like? Is it a lot of pokemon or not?

On 10/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Eggplant said:

The question then is, are there enough pokemon in NU to warrant splitting the tier again?

creating RU basically implies making a new tier below NU where you ban all the viable pokemon that are currently above 4% usage in NU.

RU is between UU and NU, so I think that if RU is implemented, the tier known in MMO as NU, it would move all the Pokemon in its tier to RU, and the current Untier (UT) would move its dex to NU ... Yes Do you think that in that case the NU dex would be saturated, it would be solved with PU