Add a turn timer in addition to the current timer.

ThinkNicer

Question

There is a lot of grieving going on, on the ladder and that's because people can just waste 3 minutes of your time if they want to. The timer is also abused in tournaments, people that extend a match for 3 minutes so teammates have more time to counter and scout for example. Simple fix, add a turn timer of 45 seconds. More than enough time to calc and move and if someone wants to waste your time they only get 45 seconds.

7 answers to this question

Lol, what about no ?

I can only see negatives with this suggestion, people who get a disconnection would automatically lose (and that happens in every of my games, even my PSL ones)

Also, 45 seconds per turn would really make matches longer since you'd be able to stall timer every turn, while currently you only get 10 seconds per turn.

Lastly some very decisive turns take over a minute to make a choice and it'd be dumb to force people to just play fast and not be able to think

We are not playing OU Blitz, just some standard matches bro, 3 minutes is nothing to lose since your matches are going to be 20+ minutes anyway (and HO players don't timestall you'll realize). I also feel like counter teaming in tournaments isn't a thing at all, most people just play same team every round until semis and finals anyway (some even don't change at all when they reach that point tbh) 

5 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

VGC players can make decisions in 45 seconds

If I wanted to play with VGC ruleset I'd just turn on my switch and play there. This is not an argument lol 

Do we have to stop the match after 30 minutes too ? Cause afaik Singles players must end their match within that time frame apparently on console

Still don't see a point besides the fact you got salty for losing a few minutes a few times. What about it ? I'm sure you have over 5k hours on this game, this certainly didn't ruin your experience as a player, and no-one lost tours for being time stalled while they were being counterbuilt ^^ Just bring another team and no risks of that happening, as always

Spoiler

I have nothing against you personally, really, I just don't want this implemented that's strictly all there is. We can stop answering back at each other cause there's no point you won't convince me, I won't convince you. Cheers