Legendaries encounters

So I want to start catching the legendary of each region, but the mechanics aren't clear for me.

I've read in some old posts that for example rayquaza appears in the sky pillar just walking, but I've been at it for like an hour and couldn't find it. Maybe it's very rare, or I was just looking in the wrong floor. Also I recall that in some changelog when you fight the legendary, it's a 3 vs 3 battle, I want to know how this work too. Thanks in advance!

if some1 has caught the legendary in the region you wont find it.It can be hard to know as some people have shown to sit hidden with a legendary for a long time.

I forgot but i think its 5 or 10 minutes you gotta move or legendary will leave your party if you hide for being afk.

The message that it was sent back in the wild , was caught or is now in the hands of another player can only be shown to players in that specific region.

story legendary giratina is 3v1 round 1 then 3v3 round 2.Story legendary zekrom is 1v1 until you catch it.

The other optional legendaries is 1v1.

I found mewtwo in the last room were he normally was in the original game with my bike.

I found keldeo with my bike a few months ago on the water.

I found rayquaza on the first floor when you enter the building with my bike.

I found arceus while doing a story run in this area https://gyazo.com/e8e232a70a96cacbbd0242d465bdbbed

I tried to find arceus as soon as i saw it was sent back in the wild.I spent 100 max repel with a level 100 illuminate pokemon that had +10% encounter.

I did not find it.So its rare and can take over 100+ max repels.If you plan to start looking i suggest be patient and do it as soon as u see message its back in the wild.

Edited by MightyBoxer