How do you effectively counter a set-up Skarmory?

Thank you for those who responded to my previous question on teambuilding around Gorebyss.

as I have recently tested in online matches, I have a seemingly glaring weakness on Skarmory. I have tried multiple fire-types like Volcarona (and the like) but cannot simply get past the steel-bird wall. Any suggestions on how I could kill it quick/avoid it efficiently? Not necessarily requiring a specific pokemon, but a strategy to lure out/counter Skarmory with my current team:

Tyranitar (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Crunch  
- Superpower  
- Pursuit  
- Stone Edge  

Volcarona (Volcarona) (F) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Naive Nature  
IVs: 17 Atk  
- Psychic  
- Bug Buzz  
- Heat Wave  
- Quiver Dance  

Ferrothorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 51 Def / 207 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
IVs: 30 HP / 9 Def / 4 SpA / 16 SpD / 17 Spe  
- Power Whip  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect  

Salamence (Salamence) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Defog  
- Roost  
- Flamethrower  
- Draco Meteor  

Skarmory (Skarmory) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- Spikes  
- Defog  
- Roost  

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 3 Def / 1 SpA / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
IVs: 27 HP / 18 Def / 14 SpA / 8 SpD / 29 Spe  
- Earthquake  
- Iron Head  
- Rapid Spin  
- Rock Slide  

Reading this thread was painful, magnezone is your best counter, but u will still struggle against shed hull. however assuming you dont want to change your team too much i guess id recommend the following to begin with.

Its probably worth putting roost on volcarona if you are going to be using it as a switch in for skarm, gives a bit more longevity.

I dont think you need scarf excadrill when you have tyranitar, sd set will be better. also gives another option against skarm with +2 rock slide doing some ouchy

you could drop defog on your skarm for ww/taunt, as you have defog on mence, and give it some speed investment to beat other skarms and ww/taunt before them. 

Your team has several problems and if you fix some balancing issues in it you will probably improve matchups overall.

- you have 3 hazard removers on your team. You really only need 1. Bold Salamence is an excellent counter to Skarmory and Ferro in most cases. Some teams can work with 2 Defog users but

- you have spikes and stealth rocks on your team. Teams that rely on hazard stacking are generally not good with defog, let alone 2 defog users. Either drop the defogs or don't use spikes.

- having taunt on your team will help to break through walls. Skarmory is usually an excellent taunt user.

- your team is very weak to magnezone as it simply deletes half your team and there is not much you can do against it

12 hours ago, noomuch said:

if you use a magnezone it will make your team more tolerable against skarmory/scizor

14 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

Your team has several problems and if you fix some balancing issues in it you will probably improve matchups overall.

- you have 3 hazard removers on your team. You really only need 1. Bold Salamence is an excellent counter to Skarmory and Ferro in most cases. Some teams can work with 2 Defog users but

- you have spikes and stealth rocks on your team. Teams that rely on hazard stacking are generally not good with defog, let alone 2 defog users. Either drop the defogs or don't use spikes.

- having taunt on your team will help to break through walls. Skarmory is usually an excellent taunt user.

- your team is very weak to magnezone as it simply deletes half your team and there is not much you can do against it

15 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

Reading this thread was painful, magnezone is your best counter, but u will still struggle against shed hull. however assuming you dont want to change your team too much i guess id recommend the following to begin with.

Its probably worth putting roost on volcarona if you are going to be using it as a switch in for skarm, gives a bit more longevity.

I dont think you need scarf excadrill when you have tyranitar, sd set will be better. also gives another option against skarm with +2 rock slide doing some ouchy

you could drop defog on your skarm for ww/taunt, as you have defog on mence, and give it some speed investment to beat other skarms and ww/taunt before them. 

If I were to replace Excadrill, who would be my best bet as a replacement? Thank you very much for your responses, btw, really appreciate it.