[GUI Improvement] Allows multiple items usage/remove "used item" system message

Eldaust

Question

Either allows us to use multiple items at the same time (i.e. Use 12 Lemonades) or remove the system messages that say "POTION WAS USED" as they stack very fast with no way to remove them. Just a slight quality of life improvement and not a big deal.

For those who are wondering why I want this; Potions are the most cost effective way to heal in the game as of 10/08/2020 and is useful for PvE Dungeons like Christmas or E4 runs. So I usually run around with a stack of 900x or so.

Spoiler

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Eldaust said:

Either allows us to use multiple items at the same time (i.e. Use 12 Lemonades) or remove the system messages that say "POTION WAS USED" as they stack very fast with no way to remove them. Just a slight quality of life improvement and not a big deal.

I agree with this premise on the surface. It would be nice to be able to fully restore PP from Leppa by applying the number needed to do so in one go, but at a deeper level, this is an issue entirely of your own making. I will explain it below.

7 hours ago, Eldaust said:

For those who are wondering why I want this; Potions are the most cost effective way to heal in the game as of 10/08/2020

You are using more potions to heal the same amount of HP that you could heal using less of the higher tiered potions. Using your stack of 900 as the baseline I calculated that you are restoring 18,000 HP over time with those potions, but it takes longer to do so. You can heal the same amount using 1/3 the number of Potions by using a Super Potion. You heal 3x as much HP per use for the same price of 900 Potions. Sure you get a 1/3 of what you get for regular Potions, but it's a matter of speed. The Super Potions appear to give the best value per use relative to cost. Sure if you want to spend a bit more you can get Hyper Potions and use 6x less Potions to heal the same HP, but you are spending 30k more in doing so. 

Potion: 20 HP / 200 -> 18,000 HP / 180,000 (900)
Super Potion: 60 HP / 600 -> 18,000 HP / 180,000 (300)
Hyper Potion: 120 -> 1400 -> 18,000 HP / 210,000 (150)

What I'm saying is that, while your idea is a fairly decent idea, part of this is entirely based on how you play the game. Because you choose to use the cheapest potions, you are slowing down the rate of healing which is making this process more tedious than it should be.

On 10/8/2020 at 8:37 PM, XelaKebert said:

Potion: 20 HP / 200 -> 18,000 HP / 180,000 (900)
Super Potion: 60 HP / 600 -> 18,000 HP / 180,000 (300)
Hyper Potion: 120 -> 1400 -> 18,000 HP / 210,000 (150)

I haven't bother to check the value in potions in years. I didn't realize they changed it. Back in the day, Potions were cheaper then Super Potions. Regardless, the issue still happens with Super Potions. Just not as much. And the baseline is to reduce screen clutter and tediousness.

Edited by Eldaust
10 hours ago, Eldaust said:

I haven't bother to check the value in potions in years. I didn't realize they changed it. Back in the day, Potions were cheaper then Super Potions. Regardless, the issue still happens with Super Potions. Just not as much. And the baseline is to reduce screen clutter and tediousness.

Back in the day? Potions have always been cheaper than Super Potions. What you've missed from my point is that part of this is entirely of your own making.

You are using an item that only heals 20HP at a time as opposed to an item that heals 3x as much and will need 1/3rd of what you would normally pack for Potions as a baseline minimum. It wouldn't cost you a penny more than what you are already spending on Potions but you would get more distance from one Super Potion vs a Potion.

As I said, the idea itself is nice and would definitely be a nice QOL improvement, but you have made it more of an issue than it really is by using the most inefficient means of healing in the field. Potions may be cheap, but they are by far the most inefficient healing method once you have access to Super Potions.

13 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Back in the day? Potions have always been cheaper than Super Potions. What you've missed from my point is that part of this is entirely of your own making.

You are using an item that only heals 20HP at a time as opposed to an item that heals 3x as much and will need 1/3rd of what you would normally pack for Potions as a baseline minimum. It wouldn't cost you a penny more than what you are already spending on Potions but you would get more distance from one Super Potion vs a Potion.

As I said, the idea itself is nice and would definitely be a nice QOL improvement, but you have made it more of an issue than it really is by using the most inefficient means of healing in the field. Potions may be cheap, but they are by far the most inefficient healing method once you have access to Super Potions.

Even since they cost the same, I would still use Potions over Super Potions to avoid over healing. Gives you more precision healing; especially for Sturdy-mons.

Edited by Eldaust
6 hours ago, Eldaust said:

Even since they cost the same, I would still use Potions over Super Potions to avoid over healing. Gives you more precision healing; especially for Sturdy-mons.

Then you've made this a much larger issue on your own doing. Overhealing is not an issue at all tbh. You don't need precise healing in order to be efficient. If you want to save time there are more efficient means of doing so. If you are outside you can use fly to go back to a PC and heal, which would honestly be more efficient than healing 20HP at a time. As far as Sturdy-mons are concerned, if you are referring to Pokemon with the Sturdy ability using Super Potions is much more efficient since Sturdy will only activate if they are taken from full HP to 1 HP in a single hit. In situations like that it is more beneficial to "overheal" as healing 20HP at a time and needing to use several, even with a stack of 900, you run the risk of running out before it is fully healed. Honestly, even having the potions assigned to a hotkey would reduce the steps from open bag -> go to medicine pocket -> select potion -> select target -> use potion to press hotkey -> select target -> use potion. By assigning a hotkey you reduce the needed steps by 40%.

The idea is nice, and it would be nice to see, but in the meantime there are much more efficient means of healing and reducing what you term to be screen clutter. If you are choosing to not use those means then you are literally making the issue bigger.

3 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Then you've made this a much larger issue on your own doing. Overhealing is not an issue at all tbh. You don't need precise healing in order to be efficient. If you want to save time there are more efficient means of doing so. If you are outside you can use fly to go back to a PC and heal, which would honestly be more efficient than healing 20HP at a time. As far as Sturdy-mons are concerned, if you are referring to Pokemon with the Sturdy ability using Super Potions is much more efficient since Sturdy will only activate if they are taken from full HP to 1 HP in a single hit. In situations like that it is more beneficial to "overheal" as healing 20HP at a time and needing to use several, even with a stack of 900, you run the risk of running out before it is fully healed. Honestly, even having the potions assigned to a hotkey would reduce the steps from open bag -> go to medicine pocket -> select potion -> select target -> use potion to press hotkey -> select target -> use potion. By assigning a hotkey you reduce the needed steps by 40%.

The idea is nice, and it would be nice to see, but in the meantime there are much more efficient means of healing and reducing what you term to be screen clutter. If you are choosing to not use those means then you are literally making the issue bigger.

Does it truly really matter what I want it for? Considering what I want it for is not really 100% of the point of the topic.

Edited by Eldaust