Problem with my Jynx

Hi everyone,

First of all, i apologise if i'm not in the right section, i was looking for a "bug section" but i don't see any post in the "bug report".

i'm not sure it's a bug but it's definitely weird. For the past few days, i've noticed a speed change with my Jynx. Before, when he was faster than the opponent, he attacked first. These days, it's random. Last week, he systematically played last during the first round, then he first if he was the fastest ; now he only attacks last. Have you noticed anything ? 

I wanted to run quick tests to understand. He has 154 speed. Last week, during in 2v2 battle, there were him (lvl 48, 154 speed) and my Farfetch'd (lvl 45 or something, 111 speed) versus two Clefairy lvl 39. First round Farfetch'd attacked first, then the two Clefairy, then Jynx. Second round : Jynx attacked first. 

It has been impossible to play with Jynx for a while, i've reach council 4, he gets one shot. So he'll never be able to play again, he is useless. So i've run a test an hour ago. 

- Jynx lvl 48, 154 spd VS Graveler 45 : Graveler attacks first. From Pokepedia, max IV / EV, lvl 50 he has 95 spd.

- Jynx VS Tentacool lvl 35 : Jynx attacks first.

- Jynx VS a hord of Psyduck, lvl 31 to 40 : they all attacked first. 

What happened guys ? :(

Thanks for your help !

A few possibilities:

• You're using a Lagging Tail held item
  • The enemy is using a Quick Claw held item
  • You're using decreased priority moves
  • The enemy is using increased priority moves
Edited by kuplion

I feel so dumb right now.

I always check that, and for once that thing didn't cross my mind. I used "avalanche", and it has a -4 priority. I didn't think about that at all, since the damage were pretty low and the move only seemed an upgrade of powder snow. 

I feel like i'm a new at the game haha

Sorry for bothering you, this move on my Jynx is awful and needs to be replace at once ! Next time i'll read carefully every new move i don't know about !

There is never a harm in asking, glad you've found out what was wrong with the help with players.

This wasn't a bug but just to add to the thread, in case you will find any bug in the future, don't hesitate to contact us there https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/11-bug-report/

That's being said I hope you will enjoy your time here!

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

A few possibilities:

• You're using a Lagging Tail held item
  • The enemy is using a Quick Claw held item
  • You're using decreased priority moves
  • The enemy is using increased priority moves

dont think psyducks holds a quick claw, , it can be more they are using some priority moves

1 minute ago, DarylDixon said:

dont think psyducks holds a quick claw, , it can be more they are using some priority moves

It should have been obvious I was just listing the possible modifiers to turn order. :P

3 hours ago, ilBibi said:

I feel so dumb right now.

I always check that, and for once that thing didn't cross my mind. I used "avalanche", and it has a -4 priority. I didn't think about that at all, since the damage were pretty low and the move only seemed an upgrade of powder snow. 

I feel like i'm a new at the game haha

Sorry for bothering you, this move on my Jynx is awful and needs to be replace at once ! Next time i'll read carefully every new move i don't know about !

asking doesnt hurt anyone. atleast everyone is more aware of this now

Yes i know but i mean, come on, how does someone not think of priorities in that case ? I felt dumb because i always pay attention to this, and here that didn't even come to my mind. Avalanche is a move i didn't know about, seems like an upgrade of the previous ice move, i read the power was 60 and i stopped reading there ; but mainly, the fact that a Jynx is very squishy and has an ice move which makes him attack last was so illogical for me. For a tank, yes of course, but for Jynx. 

But thanks for the help guys ! I will pay attention to E-VE-RY-THING from now on, and laser beam has already replaced avalanche :D