I'm stumped

Hello everyone! It's very nice to "meet" you all. I just started playing...and I created this account specifically to ask one question.

I keep getting trade requests where it will say "so-and-so is requesting a trade" and I'll get a little timed window that gives me only several seconds to decide what to do. Here's the problem: I cannot see which pokemon are being offered and which of my pokemon the player is trying to trade for. I can't see any information about the actual trade offer. Just a command to accept or reject a trade in a couple seconds with no information whatsoever.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How am I supposed to see these trades? What am I supposed to click when the dialogue box pops up? How do I get information about (like the IVs of) the pokemon being offered? I graduated college with great grades but this game has legit outsmarted me lol.

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll be thrilled if I can figure out how to actually do a trade. As a side question, can I generally trust other users on here (I'm sure it depends on the user to an extent), such that I could, for instance, trade someone my machoke (that I don't have yet) and trust that that person will return the machamp to me after it evolves? Or will someone say s/he is going to trade back my pokemon and then not give it back?

Thanks again! Happy Saturday!

Hey thanks for the response! So you're saying that until I hit "accept trade"...I can't see what the trade offer is? So after I "accept trade" then, I will be taken to a screen where I will have to option to accept or reject the actual trade? Will I be able to see all the operative information about the pokemon being traded? Like moves and IVs and stuff?

Thanks again for the information. I would not have gotten that.

Just now, occamsrazor said:

Hey thanks for the response! So you're saying that until I hit "accept trade"...I can't see what the trade offer is? So after I "accept trade" then, I will be taken to a screen where I will have to option to accept or reject the actual trade? Will I be able to see all the operative information about the pokemon being traded? Like moves and IVs and stuff?

Thanks again for the information. I would not have gotten that.

Correct!

There will be a window, where you will see money, pokemon and items that player wants to trade, and you will be able to drag things to the windows as well to choose what you want to trade.

Then you will accept, and then you will have to confirm again.