Same question as last time, but please implement this

Saad4206969

Question

Previously I wrote a post requesting the implementation of a feature that allows us to choose what track plays during PvP battles(the ones that take place via matchmaking, I mean). Since PokeMMO uses assets from the roms that we procure from it, that means it also has access to all the sound files available in the games themselves. The same Unova trainer battle track every two minutes(give or take) gets repetitive and very annoying, and the fact that there are so many amazing songs in the games(Blue's theme from FireRed, Archie/Maxie's themes from Emerald, Cyrus' theme from Platinum and Alder's theme from Black/White, just to name a few) makes the long term fans of the original games like myself want to hear them while playing the game.

And for those of you typing right now saying bullshit like "oH i dOn't CaRe abOUt tHE mUsIC, I jUst wANNa iMProVe mY rANk On pvP" or "i jUsT lIsTeN to MuSIc oN spOtiFY", nobody cares. You never grew up playing these games on the consoles they were released in and you sure as hell don't have any say in this matter. The music in the game means a lot to long time fans who used to play on the gameboy advance after bedtime with the $2 nightlight attachment, listening to all the 16-bit soundtracks that came with it. You wanna spread snarky comments and negativity, do it somewhere else.

11 answers to this question

On 10/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, CaptnBaklava said:

I myself play with out sound, but honestly this seems like a nice idea. I have no clue if its hard to implement tho.

Maybe there is a musik mod for this? Or you can make your own mod and just replace the battle soundfile with an extended one?

I really wish there was, man. A mod to at least change the soundtrack any of the other region battle themes would be nice. I don't have anything against the Unova theme(hell, it was my favourite battle theme once), but going through hours upon hours of battling listening to the same theme over and over again makes me feel almost sick.

On 10/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, Etozuri said:

I like the idea but I'm genuinely curious - What's the point of the devs taking time to implement this feature and potentially delaying actual content when we can already listen to all this music on Youtube.

1)Because for those of us who play on phone, we can't have YouTube and the app running simulatenously

2)I already told you(and everyone else on here) that I don't wanna hear the spotify/youtube/soundcloud/whatever the fuck music platform in the background argument

On 10/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, Etozuri said:

I like the idea but I'm genuinely curious - What's the point of the devs taking time to implement this feature and potentially delaying actual content when we can already listen to all this music on Youtube.

And what "actual content" are we talking here? Legendary mons? I'm quitting PokeMMO for good as soon as they're made available(regardless of the 600+ hours I spent on the game), or banning Gengar to Ubers(I'm gonna hate it if they don't do that, but I'll just have to keep quitting at team preview if I see it on the opponent's team)? Black City will never be implemented, I heard the mods say such in the Global chat, and there's nothing else in the main games that can be implemented.

So you suggested once, but now again expecting different results.. theres the first mistake, suggestions dont just disappear. 

So you are asking for a mini soundtrack media player of the OST in short but implemented in pokeMMO? Instead of being a sook because you got a solid answer of Youtube/spotify and decided thats not good enough?

If you know how, or someone that does you could legit make a music mod of your favourite soundtracks to each specific moment. 

Also incase you don't know, here is the link to mods. - https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/33-client-customization/

You could also just mute the music.. and play real music. Youtube doesnt play in the background, but guess what? Spotify does. 

(And yes am aware you don't want to hear it.).

But guess what? Hue.

I love this suggestion purely from the point of view that there are dozens and dozens of amazing tracks available to us as you so rightly pointed out.

On 10/2/2020 at 3:14 PM, Saad4206969 said:

You never grew up playing these games on the consoles they were released in and you sure as hell don't have any say in this matter. The music in the game means a lot to long time fans who used to play on the gameboy advance after bedtime with the $2 nightlight attachment, listening to all the 16-bit soundtracks that came with it. You wanna spread snarky comments and negativity, do it somewhere else.

This however is where you lose any and all support from me..

Personally I grew up playing Pokemon, and my experience of the games goes so far back that I played the original Japanese releases of Red, Blue, and Green whilst waiting for the official translations to be released, and yet I prefer to play without the music enabled in PokeMMO because lets face it, hours and hours of the same tracks looping is eventually going to grind anyone down (as you have experienced yourself with the PVP battle music).

7 hours ago, Saad4206969 said:

I'm quitting PokeMMO for good as soon as they're made available(regardless of the 600+ hours I spent on the game), or banning Gengar to Ubers(I'm gonna hate it if they don't do that, but I'll just have to keep quitting at team preview if I see it on the opponent's team)?

This has zero relevance to your suggestion so maybe leave that salt at the door next time lest it detract from any valid suggestion you have to offer.

Edited by kuplion