Set Levels in Duel Requests

Kyklous

Question

May we have the option to set a cap for duel requests? We already have Tournament Mode that scales all the Pokémon down to level 50, but having a team of level 50s is something one can only expect out of players who've reached the endgame. Can we have the option to set it to whatever we like? Many a time, I've wanted to duel players along story, but struggled to make the fight fair because of a difference in levels eventually forcing me to scrounge up a team of lower level Pokémon. If we had the option to just scale the levels down so that everybody's on the same footing, this wouldn't be an issue. I just feel that it would go a long way to make battling casually more accessible for players in general.

4 answers to this question

Hm, that argument doesn't quite hold up. There have been many a time where the devs made unprecedented deviations from the main series as they see fit. Examples include but are not limited to status healing items (antidote, paralyze heal, etc.) also healing health, being healed after each battle of the first runthrough for E4, and the ability to choose gender during breeding. Obviously, most of these were big changes necessary to make it so the entire system didn't fall apart, but it also means the devs aren't necessarily bound by the limits set by main series. 

Even disregarding that, what I'm asking for isn't that far of a stretch from what we already have. There is even already a case of scaling down to a level lower than 50 in PokéMMO: The Battle Tents where your Pokémon scale down to 30.

Edited by Kyklous
3 hours ago, Kyklous said:

Examples include but are not limited to status healing items (antidote, paralyze heal, etc.)

What did they change with Antidotes? If I recall the only major change with healing items was Full Restore and Max Revive (please correct me if I'm wrong) were made into crafting items instead of being available for purchase. Aside from that all other healing items should be available in the marts with the ones found in the overworld from the item sprite on the ground being untradeable.

3 hours ago, Kyklous said:

The Battle Tents where your Pokémon scale down to 30.

This could be a decent idea tbh. Tournament Mode would allow players to understand the standard clauses and not worry about being over level 50. Having something like a Battle Tent Mode would open up other options for people who would otherwise be unable to effectively battle in Tournament Mode due to having lower levels. The system already gives you an idea of the levels your challenger has in their party, so if you have a bunch of level 30s and someone is challenging you with level 50s you're going to struggle more, if not outright lose.