Buff Outrage to 100 BP

CLOPEN

Question

Outrage has been 90 since I don't know when. It was still used on mons like adamant Kingdra back in gen 3, but it is completely out of use as of now outshadowed by dragon claw in every mode. Yes, 120 bp was too op back in the original games, so balancing was and is needed, but 90 bp just simply is inferior to dragon claw. The balance I think PokeMMO should achieve is the point where ppl use outrage 50% and dc 50%, so as it is now, outrage is really in need of a buff.

Or, like how hydreigon didn't get draco meteor when gen 5 kicked in, we could give outrage 120 bp and ban it on mons that would be op: chomp, haxorus, dnite, sala etc.

4 answers to this question

As much as I'd like to see Outrage buffed just because Kingdra has no hands and I want a good physical dragon type move on my mixed Kingdra, it's just way too OP to be allowed in the current meta. Mega evolutions and fairy types balanced it out in Gen 6, but it was ridiculously unbalanced in gens 4 and 5.

120 BP Outrage would be broken on almost every physical sweeper used in PvP, so buffing it would only serve to remove it from every pokemon it's actually useful on.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:37 PM, TheFrenchiestFry said:

120 BP Outrage would be broken on almost every physical sweeper used in PvP, so buffing it would only serve to remove it from every pokemon it's actually useful on.

which I think is the correct course pokemmo should have taken in the first place. Simply rendering a move useless seems very unfair and incoherent compared to how other moves and mons are handled. Outrage should at least be given a subject test period like current draco meteor hydreigon.

On 10/5/2020 at 6:04 AM, CLOPEN said:

which I think is the correct course pokemmo should have taken in the first place. Simply rendering a move useless seems very unfair and incoherent compared to how other moves and mons are handled. Outrage should at least be given a subject test period like current draco meteor hydreigon.

I've made threads before advocating for buffed outrage, however I think they should buff it to 100 BP to start, which I believe is enough to make it viable without completely breaking the metagame. Right now threats like dragonite and haxorus are almost entirely outclassed IMO.