Season end discussion

So the first season has finished, not a good thing imo that the system awarded activity over skill, people with less win rate but 1000+ battles got the big prize in some tiers.

Since is the first one, some things were not going to be perfect, so as far as i can see these are some points to take into consideration.

. Increased rating win with a long streak

. Increased rating lose if the elo difference is high

. Less sensitive queue, making the search for better players a bit longer

. Improved ivs for the mon prize

Feel free to discuss. 

6 minutes ago, pablobacas said:

Agreed too, imo the solution is  to have a matchmaking  where people battle vs other with similar Elo, like past ladder system. 

There are upsides and downsides to that Imo. It would make the high elo meta change over time due to teams changing based on matchup, which is a nice touch and rewards ongoing teambuilding. But on the other hand it would enable cteaming a lot more which should not be weighted in as much in a ladder system Imo.

Was pretty good first season, obviously it needs some tweaking.

- In matchmaking you shouldn't be able to get matched with a person that is +2 ranks above or -2  ranks below you. So as an elite trainer you shouldn't get matched with 'ace trainers' let alone 'novice' lol.

- ELO should not completely reset per season, because players will never be able to find their true ELO this way. We see a major discrepancy in the top100 ELO of OU compared to everything else. That is obv not because OU players are more skilled, they simply get more games and as such go towards their true ELO rating quicker (or the system just sucks and need a revamp). Point is there should definitely not be a 100 to 200 rating difference between top100 ou and nu for example. But as long as ELO completely resets, we will have this problem.

- I think the comp rewards are fine, but I like the suggestion in suggestion box that they should be breedable but retaining gift ribbon.

- End of season tournament needs an overhaul IMO. What's the point if anyone outside of top100 can still get in. Make it top 100 only, priority seating based on rank. Make the tournament 32 players double elimination, that would be a vast improvement.

edit: few more editions

- UU, NU and Doubles tier need a tweaked reward point gain because it takes much longer to get games opposed to OU. So I can get to OU hat way, way faster than the other ones. Time investment should be similar. Devs should keep a close look at the activity of the other tiers and adjust gains relative to that.

- If devs implement the change i suggested above about not being able to get ranked -2 ranks below. Then elite trainers need to have higher yields on reward point gains as well as they will obviously have harder matches and way less 'matchmaking range' so hard to find opponents.

- I would like to see an option to filter usage per trainer rank

Edited by ThinkNicer

I think the only thing they should fix is the matchmaking sensitivity. If a tier is more popular than others, the research range for a match in that tier should be narrower than what it usually is. If a tier is more popular than others, the research range for a match  in that tier should be wider than what it usually is. OU players are annoyed because they are constantly matched against players of very different caliber while NU players complain that they can't find any matches. For matchmaking to work in all tiers, the research range needs to be adjusted for all tiers at the end of each season imo.

I really don't think players from lower tiers should get easier access to rewards just because their tier is less popular. 

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I think the only thing they should fix is the matchmaking sensitivity. If a tier is more popular than others, the research range for a match in that tier should be narrower than what it usually is. If a tier is more popular than others, the research range for a match  in that tier should be wider than what it usually is. OU players are annoyed because they are constantly matched against players of very different caliber while NU players complain that they can't find any matches. For matchmaking to work in all tiers, the research range needs to be adjusted for all tiers at the end of each season imo.

I really don't think players from lower tiers should get easier access to rewards just because their tier is less popular. 

It takes me twice the time to get pvp rewards from Doubles than from OU, that's not how you make a tier more popular. This is an MMO so time investment >> difficulty.

1 minute ago, ThinkNicer said:

It takes me twice the time to get pvp rewards from Doubles than from OU, that's not how you make a tier more popular. This is an MMO so time investment >> difficulty.

Yes, because the sensitivity of the search range is the same for all tiers. This is what needs to be changed in order for the time investment to be the similar. People should be encouraged to play w.e tier they want to play, not encouraged to play a specific tier because that tier got better rewards.