October-Movement Discussion Thread

Munya

Can we get an official thorough explanation on why the TC has decided to ban Roserade now? I agree with the ban but I would really like the know the reasoning from the TC. Why is it acceptable that the TC can just ban something without saying anything about it. ESPECIALLY when the only voice we've heard on this topic is gb's and he is strongly against it.

10 hours ago, IHateEverything said:

Ban blissey wish+teleport

Well, it's not that broken. You know that if you manage to do Wish and Teleport with Blissey the next Pokemon would have it's health completely restored. The thing that prevents that strategy to be broken is any physical attacker like Conkeldurr, Scizor or Mienshao. If your opponent switches up to Blissey and then you change to Conkeldurr, that Blissey can't afford to do Teleport, because it has -6 of priority and Conk would explote her. I mean that Blissey wouldn't have chance to set up the Wish+Teleport, and like Lifestyle said you can shut down Blissey with Taunt.

8 hours ago, ThinkNicer said:

Can we get an official thorough explanation on why the TC has decided to ban Roserade now? I agree with the ban but I would really like the know the reasoning from the TC. Why is it acceptable that the TC can just ban something without saying anything about it. ESPECIALLY when the only voice we've heard on this topic is gb's and he is strongly against it.

By no means is this a post on behalf of the council but I will voice my short opinion here.

Roserade was running rampant in the tier with very few defensive switch ins. The combination of grass/poison/fire/psychic coverage leaves very few mons that can switch into it freely and even if they could they risk a possibility of a spike going up. Even the best answer being Eviolite Heat Proof Bronzor could get slapped by a Hidden Power Ground variant of Roserade. 
252 SpA Choice Specs Roserade Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Bronzor: 54-64 (32.9 - 39%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO (forces a rest which can be exploited)

Simply put there are very few switch ins, and you may have to play risky until you know it is not carrying a certain move, e.g. if no psychic coverage then Golbat can do well against it. 

I'd like to briefly talk about Roserade's speed tier of 90 as well, though its not amazing it is definitely workable within NU as it out speeds a variety of bulky attackers. However it is prone to being revenge killed (90 is a flimsy speed tier with lots of threats creeping it by 5 points) but by that point it has already done its job and will probably run. 

18 hours ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

By no means is this a post on behalf of the council but I will voice my short opinion here.

Hydreigon is running rampant in the tier with no defensive switch ins. The combination of Draco meteor + fillers leaves all mons that can switch in dead. Even the best answer being nonexistant is slapped by draco meteor.

Simply put there are no switch ins, but you don't have to play risky because you know one of your pokemons is dead. If no Draco meteor spam then some mons can do well against it. If no Taunt Blissey/ Chansey can also do well against, provided they are healthy.

I'd like to briefly talk about Hydreigon speed tier of 98 as well, though its not amazing it is definitely workable within OU as it out speeds a variety of bulky attackers. However it is prone to being revenge killed (98 is a flimsy speed tier with lots of threats creeping it by within 10  points) but by that point it has already done its job and will probably run. 

Please don't be offended by what I just posted. This is a joke reply that has some hint of truth within it.

Also thank you for sharing your input.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:45 PM, Ultrajesus said:

Well, it's not that broken. You know that if you manage to do Wish and Teleport with Blissey the next Pokemon would have it's health completely restored. The thing that prevents that strategy to be broken is any physical attacker like Conkeldurr, Scizor or Mienshao. If your opponent switches up to Blissey and then you change to Conkeldurr, that Blissey can't afford to do Teleport, because it has -6 of priority and Conk would explote her. I mean that Blissey wouldn't have chance to set up the Wish+Teleport, and like Lifestyle said you can shut down Blissey with Taunt.

I'm not supporting his wish teleport is broken statement, but you're forgetting that she can just switch out. Teleport is there to scout a switch in and an added bonus of passing a wish if used beforehand. Nowhere in that strat is wise to just teleport instead of switching out when vs a conk.

I apologize you sir. I understand people might find hydreigon ban arguable, but to say conk might be an issue while hydreigon is not is... well, no words rly, sorry.

Edit:

In response to Hydre, can't reallY go into Depth on ReAsoning But A fair bit of the tc(Not all) isN't convincED its a problem, conk though

I see now thank you.

Edited by pachima
On 10/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, pachima said:

I apologize you sir. I understand people might find hydreigon ban arguable, but to say conk might be an issue while hydreigon is not is... well, no words rly, sorry.

Edit:

I see now thank you.

People need to stop comparing them. OU  is like a cell, and hydre and conk are 2 mitochondrias. Rare phenomenon indeed

于2020/9/27 PM10点17分,gbwead 说:

My votes:

Hydreigon - ban

Banning a pokemon form OU is so rude, it breaks many players' heart.  : (

I think It should be the final method,and We have more better ways to deal with it. Such as ban Hydreigon's Focus Energy move, that all the problems will be solved.
Some members of Lo, such as TyranitarZ and Darker, also agree to my opinon. They say Nasty Plot Gengar is powerful too, but bannig them will makes our game become full of walls.

By the way, I vote to unban the Garchomp but ban its fire-type moves.

2 hours ago, VHisc said:

Banning a pokemon form OU is so rude, it breaks many players' heart.  : (

I think It should be the final method,and We have more better ways to deal with it. Such as ban Hydreigon's Focus Energy move, that all the problems will be solved.
Some members of Lo, such as TyranitarZ and Darker, also agree to my opinon. They say Nasty Plot Gengar is powerful too, but bannig them will makes our game become full of walls.

By the way, I vote to unban the Garchomp but ban its fire-type moves.

OU bans are never final and w.e gets banned will eventually come back nerfed. So if Hydreigon gets banned, devs will most likely remove Draco Meteor from its movepool and Hydreigon would then return to OU.

1小时前,gbwead 说:

OU bans are never final and w.e gets banned will eventually come back nerfed. So if Hydreigon gets banned, devs will most likely remove Draco Meteor from its movepool and Hydreigon would then return to OU.

I think Draco Meteor is not the key, it is Focus Energy makes Hydr so powerful.

let me show you what my friends said  XD

A:1351238921_QQ20201012225649.png.72d24ef912f83a54a9f43947e638d0b8.png if just a choice scarf Hydr uses Draco Meteor, I think it's OK
B:591080069_QQ20201012225703.png.045a02ade695026587c55cdfd1744ffd.pngit's easy to defence Draco Meteor, 1785774395_QQ20201012225719.png.c0d6d7dde77fa98a6b99e39888c3442d.pngWhat makes me feel nausea is the Focus Energy

C:1390284616_QQ20201012230025.png.3c229c950973691cb4a6a01ffd2236c8.pngDraco Meteor + Focus Energy is so powerful

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.