The new PvP system's wack

I swear to God, Casual PvP's the most pointless addition brought by the changes during the new update. The name says casual but you still have tryhard scrubs spamming rain, stall and other nonsense. If y'all wanna win so bad, go play ranked ffs. And the fact that opponent's don't scale to your rating during ranked also makes shit worse. The fact that I get matched up against elite level trainers while being an ace is no short of unfair.

2 hours ago, Saad4206969 said:

The name says casual but you still have tryhard scrubs spamming rain, stall and other nonsense. If y'all wanna win so bad, go play ranked ffs.

What? You want people to not try and win? 

People don't like losing no matter if it is ranked or casual. If people are spamming rain that means it's working and viable. So, if you don't want to see rain, play a different tier. :shrug: 

you shouldn't be angry at them tbh, if you're trying a new team you can take advantage of their teams to check whether you can do well against their team archetypes on ranked

Edited by noomuch
4 hours ago, noomuch said:

you shouldn't be angry at them tbh, if you're trying a new team you can take advantage of their teams to check whether you can do well against their team archetypes on ranked

Bro, then call it unrated ffs. Casual means that casual players, guys who don't care about tiers and pokemon viability that just want to get on and have some fun can play without having to face the same two guys spamming the same team consisting of the same six mons that you see at the top of the tier usage chart. The fact that I face the same teams on both modes simply means that I can find battles on ranked and get battle points and other rewards on the off chance that I do score a win or two, making the casual option completely worthless.

15 hours ago, Saad4206969 said:

Bro, then call it unrated ffs. Casual means that casual players, guys who don't care about tiers and pokemon viability that just want to get on and have some fun can play without having to face the same two guys spamming the same team consisting of the same six mons that you see at the top of the tier usage chart. The fact that I face the same teams on both modes simply means that I can find battles on ranked and get battle points and other rewards on the off chance that I do score a win or two, making the casual option completely worthless.

whatever the unranked mode is called, there will always be tryhards in it. "casual" "unrated" are just merely labels lol

The purpose that casual mode serves at the moment is as a testing ground for players who want to try new strategies without harming their winrate, and for players trying PvP for the first time who want to gain some experience before trying ranked. If you only want to battle specific types of players and never be paired with someone who's running a playstyle you don't like, automated matchmaking isn't and can't be what you're looking for - there is no way for it to distinguish between a "tryhard" and a "guy who wanna play mons".

If you have no interest in learning how to overcome standard competitive archetypes and just want to battle weaker people, you'll likely have better luck challenging players on the overworld around the later areas of each region or seeking the types of battles you want via chat.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:53 PM, Rache said:

The purpose that casual mode serves at the moment is as a testing ground for players who want to try new strategies without harming their winrate, and for players trying PvP for the first time who want to gain some experience before trying ranked. If you only want to battle specific types of players and never be paired with someone who's running a playstyle you don't like, automated matchmaking isn't and can't be what you're looking for - there is no way for it to distinguish between a "tryhard" and a "guy who wanna play mons".

If you have no interest in learning how to overcome standard competitive archetypes and just want to battle weaker people, you'll likely have better luck challenging players on the overworld around the later areas of each region or seeking the types of battles you want via chat.

I see. Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to do so from now on.