Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Makem

Is there a way to get both Fossils?

Recommended Posts

I'm wondering if it is possible to get both fossils in the game. I'm playing on Mega Moemon Fire Red single player only using "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". I am willing to use cheat code, but I am unsure of how to activate or put them in game. Thank you in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Makem said:

I'm wondering if it is possible to get both fossils in the game. I'm playing on Mega Moemon Fire Red single player only using "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". I am willing to use cheat code, but I am unsure of how to activate or put them in game. Thank you in advance.

1. You can usually find the other fossil of each Region on the trade system, as well as the resurrected Pokemon of that fossil.

 

2. You can also start a new character and get the other fossil per Region and mail it to your other character via the mail system if it's not "untradeable" or after it's resurrected and it's not "untradeable".

 

3. Some fossils can be obtained in some areas in the same fashion as hidden items. I found a fossil once as a hidden item. Also digging in some mounds have fossils if PokeMMO hasn't removed them.

 

The first option is a for-sure way to get the other fossil in each Region, and I've never had any problem trading most fossils/resurrected or sending most fossils/resurrected by mail. The first option is the easiest and most for-sure way to go, because some fossils can't be traded I've noticed.

Edited by MysticMew

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

Hi! There are no cheat codes here.

You can get both fossils from wild geodudes, but as for storyline ones- you can just claim one of them. 

Do wild geodudes randomly carry around fossils then?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Makem said:

Do wild geodudes randomly carry around fossils then?

Pokemon you encounter through smashing rocks with Rock Smash can all hold fossils for the fossil pokemon of that region.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Makem said:

I'm wondering if it is possible to get both fossils in the game. I'm playing on Mega Moemon Fire Red single player only using "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". I am willing to use cheat code, but I am unsure of how to activate or put them in game. Thank you in advance.

Just noticed, I've read your post wrong.
You are asking about rom hack and I've spoken about PokeMMO, apologies for the confusion here. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Just noticed, I've read your post wrong.
You are asking about rom hack and I've spoken about PokeMMO, apologies for the confusion here. 

I also have a similar question.

I've noticed you can't trade storyline fossils that were given to you:

1. Are you able to trade them once resurrected?

2. Are you able to trade the Hoenn storyline fossils since they technically weren't a gift?

 

Just so I have a better picture on the technicality of what is and isn't tradeable here, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

story fossils cant be traded while in fossil or when revived.


 

Quote

 

2. You can also start a new character and get the other fossil per Region and mail it to your other character via the mail system if it's not "untradeable" or after it's resurrected and it's not "untradeable".

 

3. Some fossils can be obtained in some areas in the same fashion as hidden items. I found a fossil once as a hidden item. Also digging in some mounds have fossils if PokeMMO hasn't removed them.

 

2. they always untradable from story.

3. dont remember about that but it sounds like sinnoh underground stuff.if so its not implemented here.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MightyBoxer said:

story fossils cant be traded while in fossil or when revived.


 

2. they always untradable from story.

3. dont remember about that but it sounds like sinnoh underground stuff.if so its not implemented here.

I know that applies to Kanto and Unova, but does this also apply to the Hoenn storyline fossils since they aren't gifts?

 

As for 3, there are fossils as hidden items, I just found one 3 weeks ago, and dig spots also not in the underground where you can get fossils if they haven't removed that feature. I'm guessing this is where all the fossils on the trade come from, and I didn't know about Geodude having fossils until today lol. I'm just not positive about the Hoenn storyline fossils because I can't remember lol it's been too long since I've messed with that in-game.

Edited by MysticMew

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MysticMew said:

I know that applies to Kanto and Unova, but does this also apply to the Hoenn storyline fossils since they aren't gifts?

 

As for 3, there are fossils as hidden items, I just found one 3 weeks ago, and dig spots also not in the underground where you can get fossils if they haven't removed that feature. I'm guessing this is where all the fossils on the trade come from, and I didn't know about Geodude having fossils until today lol. I'm just not positive about the Hoenn storyline fossils because I can't remember lol it's been too long since I've messed with that in-game.

yes hoenn too.all poke u get in story that you dont catch are gift as well as revived pokes from story fossils.Fossil is untradable too.

 

Quote

As for 3, there are fossils as hidden items, I just found one 3 weeks ago, and dig spots also not in the underground where you can get fossils if they haven't removed that feature

there was no hidden item with a fossil in the games up to gen5.Exactly were did you find a hidden item fossil in pokemmo or original games?

Also i checked the fossils were indeed in the underground by digging but it was removed in pokemmo.the npc that gives you the explorer kit is not implemented.What do you mean not in the underground?

Edited by MightyBoxer

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, MightyBoxer said:

yes hoenn too.all poke u get in story that you dont catch are gift as well as revived pokes from story fossils.Fossil is untradable too.

 

there was no hidden item with a fossil in the games up to gen5.Exactly were did you find a hidden item fossil in pokemmo or original games?

Also i checked the fossils were indeed in the underground by digging but it was removed in pokemmo.the npc that gives you the explorer kit is not implemented.What do you mean not in the underground?

So what are all the items that can be dug up in game from mounds in caves like twist mountain for example? There are no fossils anywhere in game in any of these mounds outside of the underground?

 

As for the fossil, I honestly can't recall, I know it was either Sinnoh or Unova, but if your saying that wasn't available outside the underground in Sinnoh, then it must have been Unova. I can't recall exactly where I found it, but I'm pretty sure I found it in one of the caves on a rock or in a corner. I don't even remember what it was, I sold it right away. 

Share this post


Link to post

 

8 hours ago, MysticMew said:

So what are all the items that can be dug up in game from mounds in caves like twist mountain for example? There are no fossils anywhere in game in any of these mounds outside of the underground?

 

As for the fossil, I honestly can't recall, I know it was either Sinnoh or Unova, but if your saying that wasn't available outside the underground in Sinnoh, then it must have been Unova. I can't recall exactly where I found it, but I'm pretty sure I found it in one of the caves on a rock or in a corner. I don't even remember what it was, I sold it right away. 

the mounds in twist mountain do have some hidden items in them.You can find a hidden stardust.

You can check my guide for all hidden items in game.You can ctrl+f and type fossil.

You will find all story fossil locations in the guide its the same as original games.There was none as hidden ever up to gen5.Based on bulbapedia.net

In pokemmo you can get fossils from dust phenomenon in unova.And rock smash rocks in the other regions to catch or thief geodudes that can have fossils of that region.

If you dont remember where you found a hidden item fossil or what it was then i dont know what to say.Theres no source in pokemmo or original games for that.Thats the first time i heard someone say there is an item that can be found that way.

 

 

 

Edited by MightyBoxer

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.