Trick mechanics

roykl

3 hours ago, roykl said:

If i use trick on a wild poke with consumable, use consumable then catch the poke, would i keep the item? (For example if i use trick on a drifloom with balloon, take a hit then capture the drifloom)

You can trick the pokemon to keep the item from busting, but the pokemon has to be captured afterwards so you can keep the pokemon and the item.

16 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

You cannot trick the balloon once it pops.

He is asking if he tricks the balloon and then it pops while his mon is holding it.
I assume once it pops, no matter who is holding it, it has been consumed and you will not get the item. The way to know for sure would be to test it.

12 hours ago, RevzSM said:

He is asking if he tricks the balloon and then it pops while his mon is holding it.
I assume once it pops, no matter who is holding it, it has been consumed and you will not get the item. The way to know for sure would be to test it.

If the game keeps track after each item individually you are probably right but if the goal is just to avoid something that they might consider not that important this mechanic seems much too complex codewise and they might as well just revert to the state before trick is used.

Edited by roykl
On 9/18/2020 at 6:57 AM, Bestfriends said:

You cannot trick the balloon once it pops.

14 hours ago, RevzSM said:

That's how it works for other wild held consumables like berries so I'd also assume it's the same for consumables like the Air Balloon.