Best team for PvE fights?

So I want to start farming all the gyms and E4 from all the regions and I was wondering what team do you use/recommend to fight them.

I was thinking about a sunny day team and a rain team of four pokemon each, with 3 ivs, lvl 100, evs and nature, but don't know what Pokemon are the best for this, and if a gym can counter the two teams. 

Leave suggestions, or what team do you use, that will help too. Thanks!

I'm also Interested in this. I had a hard time with brock, My team was strong enough to take him down though, but it was close. I'm just this last week, post game, so I'd definitely like ideas, as well, because my team right now is just for trainer re-battles. I hope you get what you're looking for.

Edited by MattyMoonstone

I personally use Salamence - Garchomp - Gengar - Starmie - Typhlosion - 6th is usually a Pokémon that I'm leveling up. I easily farm all the gyms with Typhlosion Scarf Eruption + Gengar, though there are some matchups I can't do that. For example vs Rock Gym I go Garchomp - Salamence, vs Water I go Starmie - Gengar/Salamence and vs Fire I also go with Garchomp - Salamence. 

I only really struggle vs Water Type Gym, specially Misty, because she has a lot of Swift Swimmers that hit hard like Kingdra Ludicolo & Floatzel, so the 6th slot could be something that makes the water matchup better. 

Other recommendations would be Flygon (Levitate AKA you don't hit yourself with Earthquake, learns Rock Slide - Earthquake), Aerodactyl (same reasons but different typing), and in general Pokémon that can hit hard, specially if they have AoE moves (Heracross - Typhlosion - Combos like Surf + Storm Drain/Dry Skin or Discharge + Ground/Electric immunity ability etc). Dragonite might be a really great addition as well because of it's insane bulk, access to good AoE moves, and having Inner Focus which makes it immune to Intimidate (Trust me, Gym Leaders bring Intimidate Pokémon A LOT). The only "downside" to it it's that he's actually pretty slow so a lot of Pokémon might hit you before you do.

Against Elite Four I'm pretty much unexperienced, but I've seen a lot of people bring Swords Dance Shedinja because of the ability. Since NPC's won't switch out even if they can't touch you, you can easily setup and OHKO everything after 3 Swords Dance.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, Akaruyo said:

I personally use Salamence - Garchomp - Gengar - Starmie - Typhlosion - 6th is usually a Pokémon that I'm leveling up. I easily farm all the gyms with Typhlosion Scarf Eruption + Gengar, though there are some matchups I can't do that. For example vs Rock Gym I go Garchomp - Salamence, vs Water I go Starmie - Gengar/Salamence and vs Fire I also go with Garchomp - Salamence. 

I only really struggle vs Water Type Gym, specially Misty, because she has a lot of Swift Swimmers that hit hard like Kingdra Ludicolo & Floatzel, so the 6th slot could be something that makes the water matchup better. 

Other recommendations would be Flygon (Levitate AKA you don't hit yourself with Earthquake, learns Rock Slide - Earthquake), Aerodactyl (same reasons but different typing), and in general Pokémon that can hit hard, specially if they have AoE moves (Heracross - Typhlosion - Combos like Surf + Storm Drain/Dry Skin or Discharge + Ground/Electric immunity ability etc). Dragonite might be a really great addition as well because of it's insane bulk, access to good AoE moves, and having Inner Focus which makes it immune to Intimidate (Trust me, Gym Leaders bring Intimidate Pokémon A LOT). The only "downside" to it it's that he's actually pretty slow so a lot of Pokémon might hit you before you do.

Against Elite Four I'm pretty much unexperienced, but I've seen a lot of people bring Swords Dance Shedinja because of the ability. Since NPC's won't switch out even if they can't touch you, you can easily setup and OHKO everything after 3 Swords Dance.

Sadly cause of the update~many e4's pokemon had rocky Helmet x.x so It's harder for shedinja to be a attacker for all the e4

2 hours ago, Mikyii said:

Sadly cause of the update~many e4's pokemon had rocky Helmet x.x so It's harder for shedinja to be a attacker for all the e4

That sounds fun :| Looks like I have some mind boggling thinking to do now. Rocky Helmet is almost as bad as sturdy.

Edited by MattyMoonstone
On 9/15/2020 at 6:59 PM, MattyMoonstone said:

I'm also Interested in this. I had a hard time with brock, My team was strong enough to take him down though, but it was close. I'm just this last week, post game, so I'd definitely like ideas, as well, because my team right now is just for trainer re-battles. I hope you get what you're looking for.

As a comment here said I've made a torkoal with drought and a typhlosion with erupt, and they can take out all the gyms with no problem. I also use charizard if typhlosion dies, Jolteon and gengar because of their speed and cloyster for physical attacks and taking out dragons. I don't have them at level 100 yet so I don't know if later it will be more difficult. Really fun, in like two hours you can beat all the gyms and make like 100k without amulet coin. I've also started beating the E4 but with Gyarados instead of torkoal. I recommend torkoal + typhlo a lot, they are a great duo to start farming. Good luck!

1 hour ago, matetocol said:

As a comment here said I've made a torkoal with drought and a typhlosion with erupt, and they can take out all the gyms with no problem. I also use charizard if typhlosion dies, Jolteon and gengar because of their speed and cloyster for physical attacks and taking out dragons. I don't have them at level 100 yet so I don't know if later it will be more difficult. Really fun, in like two hours you can beat all the gyms and make like 100k without amulet coin. I've also started beating the E4 but with Gyarados instead of torkoal. I recommend torkoal + typhlo a lot, they are a great duo to start farming. Good luck!

Thanks for the input. I knew about Cloyster, I have one, as for typhlosion I'm going to have to take a day and hunt for it. Thanks again.

10 minutes ago, zapdosfangaming said:

Nice post, congrats! Although I made mi torkoal with low ivs on speed and no evs on it, so when a gym leader uses a weather team, the torkoal sets the sunny day later and I can use solar beam on torkoal and typhlo in water and rock gyms. Thanks for the income!