Sign in to follow this  
PedroLindoUnico

Dugtrio

Hello, I started this topic to show how harmful the dugtrio is to the meta.

yysIqP5.png.01d9832d7dd0f3da9829a05819762828.png

One of the biggest arguments for keeping this pokemon without a ban on the ability is to say that it has a low attack. Well, and this is true, his attack is low, however, it is necessary to give 1HKO or 2 hit ko in most pokemon considered "wall breakers".

252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typhlosion: 290-344 (97.6 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scrafty: 280-330 (103.3 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Besides ending with "wallbreakers" he still manages to defeat several pokemon considered wall.

252 Atk Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Lanturn: 368-434 (81 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The combination of speed + arena trap does harmful things. And with the combination of Focus Sash it becomes a plague.

Let's consider the following scenario: I have a Typhlosion Choice Specs using eruption, my opponent has tangrowth in the field and a dugtrio on the team, technically I couldn't defeat the tangowth with my Eruption since if I killed, the dugtrio would do a revenge kill. As soon as the dugtrio entered the field, he couldn't change any more.

That's my opinion, I think the arena trap abilityshould be banned at least in UU.

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 482-568 (68.5 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 216-256 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

not that good

7 minutes ago, Sintatic said:

252 Atk Dugtrio Reversal (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 216-256 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

who will trap ferrothorn with arena trap?

12 minutes ago, PedroLindoUnico said:

who will trap ferrothorn with arena trap?

that make no sense because dugtrio is weak, if it hit koed it would make sense

Edited by Sintatic

On 9/14/2020 at 2:25 PM, Sintatic said:

that make no sense because dugtrio is weak, if it hit koed it would make sense

not 100% sure if it's utilized here as much as other gens, but I think a screech dugtrio set can handle chansey pretty well

Dugtrio is in uu so calming with big ou mons will not do it justice.

also I agree with gunthug about screech

Edited by Artemiseta
Autocorrect sucks...