One server channel, and one server?

The5thHorseman

Question

On the server the game randomizes you to a new channel of the server each time you log into the game. When I'm on, I'm not seeing a lot of players.

I'd like to see more players and more player interaction between players. We can do this by having only one channel and one server to increase player interaction. The Pokemon World is big enough, and I've been playing this game on 2G with no lag, and most people are on 4G going to 5G now, so this isn't going to cause a lag.

4 answers to this question

I've replied to other thread, but I will also do it here:

Since this works for 8 years (and it helps)  I  honestly doubt its needed to get rid of channels. This helps some older PC users to not get a lot of lag during events and storyline, and you really should've seen how crowded some places can be sometimes. Having to find NPC during event when there is a lot of players is never fun. 

Some events are terribly laggy even with other channels. Take the Team Tournament that happens monthly, staff have had to now split it up on to 2 channels. If you want to see more people, most players are on channel one so just change the channel yourself

(talking about lag, anything been said about fireworks @Bearminator during the TT?)

11 hours ago, Bearminator said:

I've replied to other thread, but I will also do it here:

Since this works for 8 years (and it helps)  I  honestly doubt its needed to get rid of channels. This helps some older PC users to not get a lot of lag during events and storyline, and you really should've seen how crowded some places can be sometimes. Having to find NPC during event when there is a lot of players is never fun. 

I've never done an event yet. I just started with PokeMMO, but like I said I've been a hardcore Pokemonner since it first came to the U.S..

So as for my suggestion it was only in reference to the adventure portion, not PokeMMO events. In fact if this is a problem, creating more channels for events (or leaving it the way it is) but eradicating channels for the actual adventure portion would do a lot of good.

Like I said, I'm using a cheap crappy $40 Go Phone from Walmart at 2G internet speed, and I've never had any lag whatsoever in the adventure portion. 2G speeds on a phone is basically the same speed of DSL home based internet. And most phone and tablet users for PokeMMO are going at much faster internet speeds, not 3G, but most are going 4G or 4Glte, and 5G is now out also. Most home based users don't have DSL, as it's almost non-existent nowadays, so people on a computer have internet speeds at least 3-12 times faster than what I have on 2G, considering 2G is literally DSL speeds.

It's something to really consider for the adventure portion to create a more social environment for battles, and discussions, and such in-game.

Just now, The5thHorseman said:

I've never done an event yet. I just started with PokeMMO, but like I said I've been a hardcore Pokemonner since it first came to the U.S..

So as for my suggestion it was only in reference to the adventure portion, not PokeMMO events. In fact if this is a problem, creating more channels for events (or leaving it the way it is) but eradicating channels for the actual adventure portion would do a lot of good.

It's something to really consider for the adventure portion to create a more social environment for battles, and discussions, and such in-game.

I understand where you come from with this, but I honestly feel like adventure portion would not get enough profit from this change, compared to other cons it would create. Not only lag is an issue, but also visibility of NPCs and places. It would make adventure a bit frustrating from time to time, tbh. 

That's being said, you might try ch1 or 2 to meet most players I think, but I really don't think this suggestion is necessary to implement.