Nontradable & Nonbreedable Pokemon Fix

The5thHorseman

Question

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Bearminator said:

One of reasons for this change is to help with pokemon rarity, ensuring that the only character that uses the free gifts is the character that received them. A Pokemon isn't really rare if you can get one for free on a new character then trade it to yourself.

Okay, I understand that. But I and many other Pokemon trainers don't like to have an evolved form of a Pokemon without first having it's base form and leveling it up to evolve into that Pokemon.

You get a Chansey, or a Wobbaffet, or a Mr. Mime, or a Jynx either by in-game trade or as a gift, and lots of us trainers can't breed them for the babyform, and can't trade them over the trade system if we don't want that gender, and we're stuck with this 2nd form Pokemon, and I've actually released mine because I couldn't do anything with them.

At least let us trade them off so others over the trade system can get that gender they want, or get it to breed if they are further in the game than the seller, or at least let us breed them so we can get a Happiny, a Smoochum, a Mime Jr., Etc.. The baby forms are just as rare, and with the breeding system taking two Pokemon from you indefinitely in exchange for the base form is perfectly fair for this.

So as per your logic in your argument in the matter, I would asses that it holds no logical ground in the fact that the base form of these gifted or in-game traded Pokemon are no.more rare and less rare than the baby forms if breeded. After all the purpose of fixing this problem is specifically inrooted in the fact that we should be able to either trade them off and use some of the funds to purchase the baby form from the trade system or breed them for the baby forms, so we can have that base form.

Most of these catchable baby forms are region exclusive or obtained much much later in game than the gifted or in-game traded second forms. So by disabling this feature, PokeMMO is diminishing the trade function and the breeding system and the purpose of their existences. The purpose of these functions are being depleted by the modifications PokeMMO has made; it needs fixed.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:25 AM, Bearminator said:

One of reasons for this change is to help with pokemon rarity, ensuring that the only character that uses the free gifts is the character that received them. A Pokemon isn't really rare if you can get one for free on a new character then trade it to yourself.

But let's be honest, none of these pokemon are actually rare.  They can be bought en masse on GTL any time for cheap.
And if you're doing decent enough in matchmaking to get these mediocre 2x31 gift pokemon, you surely already have enough already and can breed one any time for a bit of cash.

If you could breed them they would at least have some use, I'd love to know what % of gift pokemon ever actually get used (where the receiver didn't even get to choose the species).