IV Breeding Braces Price

Kijigo

Question

I think that the breeding system has a few flaws involved in the cost of the braces. You can call me lazy for not rematching trainers with amulet coins and using pay day and stuff like that but for me that's not working. For the amount of grinding involved to even catch the Pokemon or just using the shop I don't feel like the gained money or BP is sufficient enough to sustain a the cost of 20k+ for each Pokemon  you choose to breed.

I think braces would need some form of decreased price or some other ways to obtain them without the need for excessive grinding and money loss.

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kijigo said:

I think that the breeding system has a few flaws involved in the cost of the braces. You can call me lazy for not rematching trainers with amulet coins and using pay day and stuff like that but for me that's not working. For the amount of grinding involved to even catch the Pokemon or just using the shop I don't feel like the gained money or BP is sufficient enough to sustain a the cost of 20k+ for each Pokemon  you choose to breed.

Grinding and money-sinks are required aspects of any MMO. Without such requirements the devs may as well just give items away to players and that'll be even less fun than working for what you want.

9 minutes ago, Kijigo said:

I think braces would need some form of decreased price or some other ways to obtain them without the need for excessive grinding and money loss.

its natural for MMOs to have a slow pacing of income. you just have to grind alot harder

Man, I hate these arguments: "Most mmo have grind so every mmo has to have grind". That's not only untrue as it's dishonest arguing. Just say "I like it the way it is, don't change it or I'll be mad" if that's your opinion after all.

That being said, you (OP) have to understand that a huge chunk of the playerbase here is composed of asian people, which have a big cultural b*ner for time-sinks when it comes to MMOs. They just really dig it, for reasons I won't go in detail. Changing that aspect of this game might make those people simply leave, which would impact pokemmo's revenue.

Another point is that by removing the time-sinks the devs would have to fill that gap with something - content - , which sounds easy and logical in theory (because it is) but requires paid creative thinking, paid manpower to implement, paid manpower to maintain, a paid server that can hold the load of thousands of players accessing that new content simultaneously, so on and so forth.

Adding content also bloats the gamefiles and increases the number of sh*t the devs need to keep track of. Not to mention that whatever they implement has also to work with parts of the different codes from the base ROMs, the code from the database and servers, while still working on windows, linux, (mac?) and android devices.

So it's not as simple as "remove this thing cuz I don't like it". It's more like "remove this thing that's been around forever and has possibly been added by someone that isn't even in the team anymore and was the only one who knew how to mess with it without breaking everything else that depends on it, cuz I don't like it".

It's not like I can't endure something I view as flawed. The way I see it the prices are a massive deterrent for players because of the hefty price that increases exponentially. You call me lazy but I've been enduring this system I view immensely flawed. This post is just a suggestion that would benefit a lot of players.