Alter the capabilities for "gift" mons

Parke

Question

Is there any possibility we could make it so gift mons you get can be bred? I get that you dont want them to be tradable, but I dont see why it would be a bad thing to make them breedable even if it means them keeping the gift badge and not being able to be bred after being traded.

Pros: It means people who arent currently using these gift mons you get from PvP/shiny prizes are able to be bred if you wish to spend the money or resources to do it. Therefore encouraging people to use these mons more instead of either releasing them or letting them sit in their boxes like most shiny prizes do.

Cons: Idk? Enlighten me

Any chance we could get this at all? @Kyu 

14 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, gbwead said:

For regular comps, I think this is a very good suggestion. However, for shiny comps, if they are breedable, I can imagine that would potentially be problematic.

I think that as long as the offspring would retain the 'untradaeble' trait that gift mons share it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Just now, HumongousNoodle said:

I think that as long as the offspring would retain the 'untradaeble' trait that gift mons share it wouldn't be too much of a problem.

I mean they would give us perfect shiny comps directly if it wasn't a problem I think.

30 minutes ago, gbwead said:

For regular comps, I think this is a very good suggestion. However, for shiny comps, if they are breedable, I can imagine that would potentially be problematic.

How so though? it's not like they can get a perfect shiny comp by grabbing one breeder, they're still have to spend like minimum 10M+ out of their own money to breed a perfect shiny comp if they choose to do that

34 minutes ago, Parke said:

How so though? it's not like they can get a perfect shiny comp by grabbing one breeder, they're still have to spend like minimum 10M+ out of their own money to breed a perfect shiny comp if they choose to do that

When it comes to regular comps, nothing really changes whether they are breedable or not because perfect regular comps are far from impossible to get. However, if you win something crazy like a shiny Volcarona, you would be able to make it perfect (at a huge cost) whereas before that wasn't possible. It's just a game changer in that regard. I personally don't think it's a big problem if it could even be considered a problem in the first place, but it might from a dev perspective. Also, I don't know how shiny breeding works, but how much good would 4x25 + 2x31 natured shiny be for breeding? Would that be a finisher or no?

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

When it comes to regular comps, nothing really changes whether they are breedable or not because perfect regular comps are far from impossible to get. However, if you win something crazy like a shiny Volcarona, you would be able to make it perfect (at a huge cost) whereas before that wasn't possible. It's just a game changer in that regard. I personally don't think it's a big problem if it could even be considered a problem in the first place, but it might from a dev perspective. Also, I don't know how shiny breeding works, but how much good would 4x25 + 2x31 natured shiny be for breeding? Would that be a finisher or no?

Yep, a 2x31 4x25 with nature can be a great last breed because shinys just take medium/max IVs, never minimum.
Maybe this same suggestion, but only for no-shinys rewards? 

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

I mean, it's an untradable shiny, so for someone like me who actively collects them and owns a bunch perfect IV'd etc, they're not the same, my shinies hold value, lets call it my net worth, those untradable shinies, are mostly a symbol of me getting rewarded on some event or tournament. And there's stuff like 25 IV ferrothorns shiny from past tournaments etc that could really really use this, i'm not even considering the volcaronas, metagross's, and other rares as a good example.

edit: Also I feel like this would help the shiny market actually, as more people would be on the look for breeders to finish their shiny gifts.

Edited by razimove
18 hours ago, NagaX said:

Yep, a 2x31 4x25 with nature can be a great last breed because shinys just take medium/max IVs, never minimum.
Maybe this same suggestion, but only for no-shinys rewards? 

Yeah, I wouldnt be against it for non shiny gifts too. But I dont think theres much of an argument for it for shinies. For people to make their gift shinies perfect they still gotta spend, and it still takes money out of the game afterall

17 hours ago, razimove said:

Also I feel like this would help the shiny market actually, as more people would be on the look for breeders to finish their shiny gifts.

this

THIS is the suggestion i was looking for.

And to complement, this needs to be retroactively applied. No excuses.

Spoiler

Why it needs to be retroactively applied? Cuz the Devs didn't think of putting the IVs selector like a normal person would: HP, ATK, DEF, SPA, SPDF, SPEED and not any other way.

Because of not having that simple system now I have a special defensive Hydreigon :c

I don't understand why you can't just choose each IV for shiny prizes, it's not like it would break the market since prizes are untradeable. And prizes would actually be used instead of just taking up PC space if that was the case. But if we can't have that, being able to breed prizes would be a great alternative. I don't see an issue with shiny prizes being breedable if the GIFT ribbon is inherited, it would actually stimulate the economy more cause players would be spending a heck ton of money to breed them into perfect comps. I personally see benefits from this suggestion all around and not a single drawback.